How to Start a Business
Have a great business idea and ready to build your future, but don’t know where to begin? Can’t afford the costs of an attorney and wondering what to do? Start here. We’ll walk you through planning and registration and touch on all the best practices to help ensure you’re compliant, protected, and informed.
- Learn about Taxes & Licensing, explore helpful options, and get a tidy list of free resources.
- Discover new innovative software solutions to optimize your time.
- Get introduced to a handful of incorporation services who can handle the process for you.
How To Form an LLC
An LLC (Limited Liability Company) is the most popular business structure thanks to its flexibility, no double-taxation benefits, and legal protection. However, each state has different approaches, regulations, requirements, etc. Get the ins and outs of your state along with a step-by-step list of helpful resources.
- Learn about paperwork involved, like operating agreements and certificates of formation.
- Explore your options when it comes to registered agent services to stay compliant.
- Get an idea of all the associated costs and filing fees involved and where you can turn.
How To Form a Corporation
Bigger startups and more established brands ready to raise outside funding and issue stock form corporations. Question is, do you have a business attorney who can handle the formal legalities? If not, our helpful guides touch on all the important basics to get you started and well on your way.
- From corporate kits to business license research services, there’s plenty of resources.
- Incorporation specialists with incredible corporate packages are waiting to collaborate!
- You’ll get an idea of the more formal paperwork involved, like bylaws and meeting minutes.
How to File a DBA
Whether you’re filing a DBA so you can open a bank account and get paid under a name other than your own, or so your brand can operate multiple businesses, simply choose the state you’re interested in through the dropdown below and we’ll lead the way.
- Where applicable, we’ll provide direct links to name reservation & DBA registration docs.
- Many of the guides have been attorney-approved to include every detail.
- You’ll get access to all the top performing filing services who can handle the process.
How to Form a Non-Profit
Get a rundown of each step involved in forming your nonprofit so you can start making an impact, bringing on volunteers, and changing things for the better as soon and as safely as possible. Nonprofits are complex, and there are plenty of variables to consider, so you’ll need all the help you can get.
- There are several steps you’ll need to take to achieve tax exempt status, then maintain it.
- See which partner-companies help nonprofits incorporate and manage compliance.
- Quick-access to the most important documents like certificates of formation and bylaws.