1. Sitetrail - 5/5
Sitetrail is one of the most exciting press release distribution services available because it pairs highly competitive pricing with exceptional access to global news outlets.
Sitetrail offers a variety of packages that can help businesses of all sizes reach their target markets and gain much-needed exposure. While this review focuses on the company’s press release distribution service, Sitetrail also offers a wide variety of SEO, cybersecurity, and social media verification services.
Single Press Release Offer - $250
Five Unique Press Releases - $495
Press Release and Editorial News - $299
Press Release and Editorial News - $1,500
If you’re new to press release distribution, Sitetrail is ideal. It’s our preferred option because it’s simple to use, affordable, and effective.
- Sitetrail delivers the most value for your dollar. You even get writing services with its cheapest package.
- It’s staffed by journalists with numerous connections throughout the United States and the United Kingdom.
- Sitetrail customers include Silicon Valley companies, government agencies, public relations (PR) agencies, and small, mid-sized, and large businesses.
If you’re not too excited about writing your own press releases, Sitetrail can take care of the writing as well. The company offers professional press release writing along with its distribution services. That means you can take full advantage of the marketing benefits of press releases without needing to learn how to write them.
2. EIN Presswire - 4/5
EIN Presswire stands for “Everyone’s Internet News Presswire™”, which instantly conveys the company’s focus. It wants to be the go-to source for everyone to distribute press releases — from individuals and small businesses to major corporations. Its pricing follows suit with packages that range from the cheapest on this list to almost a thousand dollars.
Basic - $49.95
Pro - $249
Pro+ - $399
Corporate - $999
You can depend on EIN Presswire to make the process of uploading and distributing your press releases as smooth as possible. The company provides a streamlined process that’s accessible for any budget. Of course, you get a lot more when you pay more. To effectively promote your small business, it’s worth considering at least the second-tier package to gain social media posting and other services.
- It’s the cheapest press release distribution option on our list. If you want to try issuing a press release for your small business, this provides an easy way to do so.
- There’s no option to have a professional write your press release. EIN Presswire only distributes press releases — it doesn’t write them.
- Even the least-expensive package includes distribution to EIN Presswire’s World Media Directory, which reaches TV stations and newspapers across the globe.
EIN Presswire is a solid press release distribution service you can depend on to simplify the process of submitting and distributing your press releases. You also can pay less than $50 to try it out.
3. eReleases - 4/5
With a reputation as a popular and reliable press release distribution service, eReleases focuses on serving small businesses. The company offers comprehensive distribution services and ensures you get everything you need to improve your SEO through potential press coverage.
While eReleases charges a bit more than Sitetrail, you still get writing services for its base price. That means you don’t need to worry about writing your own press releases if doing so doesn’t interest you.
Buzz Builder - $299
Newsmaker - $399
PR Pro - $599
Importantly, eReleases promises you’ll get “Real editors. No salespeople.” Editors are less likely to try upselling you so, if eReleases delivers on this promise, it’ll mean a more pleasant experience interacting with the company.
- While eReleases costs more than some other services, it does have a strong reputation among small businesses.
- Even the base-level package includes writing services so you don’t have to write your press releases if you don’t want to do so.
- The company promises you’ll interact with editors, not salespeople. If true, this should provide a better experience when you speak with eReleases.
We may not love eReleases quite as much as Sitetrail, but we’re still impressed with the quality of its services. Its cost appears higher than necessary, but eReleases does deliver all the basic press release distribution assistance you need for SEO purposes.
4. Cision PRWeb - 4/5
Many press release distribution services do a good job of sending your press release to multiple outlets, and Cision PRWeb is no exception. Established more than 20 years ago, the company has a long list of positive testimonials from various businesses.
Basic - $99
Standard - $189
Advanced - $289
Premium - $389
But, using Cision PRWeb does have a few drawbacks. For example, the text editor you must use to upload your press releases lacks spell-check and autosave functionality. In addition, the basic package doesn’t include distribution beyond PRWeb.com. That means if you choose the $99 package, your press release will only appear on PRWeb.com. For the same price, Sitetrail will distribute your release to one US-hosted news site.
- Reasonably priced packages give you access to Cision PRWeb’s long list of distribution channels.
- For $99, your press release will only appear on PRWeb.com. With some other press release distribution services (e.g., Sitetrail), you get true distribution to a US-hosted news site for the same price.
- If you use Cision PRWeb, you’ll need to write your own press release, spell-check it, and save it using your favorite word processing software (e.g., Microsoft Word). Cision PRWeb’s interface won’t let you automatically spell-check or save your work.
Cision PRWeb can certainly help you distribute your press release — and it’ll do a good job as long as you pay for its second-tier package or higher. But, look elsewhere if you want a basic package with distribution to anywhere beyond PRWeb.com.
5. Newswire - 3/5
Among the press release distribution companies on this list, Newswire has one of the more impressive websites. It’s modern, easy to use, and clearly explains what the company offers. But, Newswire prices its packages on the higher-end. You must pay almost $200 just to get your foot in the door.
Its basic package does include some nice perks, though. For example, it includes up to six hyperlinks and a featured image — offerings you don’t see in many of the basic packages offered by other companies for less money. Cision PRWeb, for instance, only gives you hyperlinks and an image if you buy a package that costs $289.
Newswire Digital - $199
Newswire Digital Plus - $449
Newswire State - $499
Newswire National - $799
Newswire is another company focused purely on distribution, meaning it doesn’t offer press release writing services.
- Newswire’s website is easy to use and has a more modern design than the sites of most other companies on this list.
- Newswire doesn’t offer any affordable, entry-level options. If you want to use this service, you’ll have to pay at least $199 for a basic package.
- That basic package does include hyperlinks and an image similar to the more expensive packages from other providers, making it a decent deal if you want to spend that much.
Newswire makes a respectable choice for a press release distribution service, but it does charge more than many others. Yet, you’ll get a lot for your money if you’re willing to pay more.
6. Cision PR Newswire - 3/5
Cision owns both PR Newswire and PRWeb. PRWeb, the newer of the two services, has a more limited reach and presence than PR Newswire. PRWeb also has less expensive pricing, but there’s a reason why that’s the case.
Cision PR Newswire guarantees placement in major news outlets like ABC and NBC. That guarantee will cost you, though. While the company doesn’t list its prices online, it’s generally understood that it charges much more than PRWeb. Cision PR Newswire also offers a variety of other marketing-related services along with press release distribution.
If you’re just getting started with press releases for your small business, PR Newswire is probably overkill. But, it can make a good choice if you want to pay a premium price for the kind of premium services bigger companies use.
Pricing: Check out Cision PR Newswire’s pricing guide.
- Owned by the same company as PRWeb, PR Newswire offers services at higher prices that target businesses with bigger budgets.
- It also offers a wide range of marketing services, including multimedia content distribution, microsites, multicultural distribution, and more.
- It’s not ideal for small businesses on a budget.
Cision PR Newswire can provide a lot of marketing-related services for businesses with appropriate budgets. But, it’s likely overkill for small businesses.
Pros and Cons of Press Release Distribution Services
- They help you distribute your press releases to numerous channels, including major news organizations.
- Some offer writing services so you can get them to create — as well as distribute — your press releases.
- Most offer packages priced for everyone from small businesses to major corporations.
- These distribution services increase the chances a reporter will write about your business, which could lead to greater awareness of your brand within your target market(s).
- Their distribution services can help support your SEO efforts.
- Many companies won’t help you write your press releases, leaving you to figure out how to write them yourself or hire someone else to do so.
- While some of the basic distribution packages have affordable pricing, they may not accomplish much because they lack broad distribution.
- You may pay for distribution and see very little return on your investment (ROI) because getting your release in front of reporters doesn't guarantee they'll write about your business.
- It’s possible to spend way more than you should — based on an overall ROI — if you aren’t careful.
- It can prove challenging to gauge just how much one company’s distribution abilities differ from another.
What Is the Best Press Release Distribution Service?
Based on our research, Sitetrail offers the best press release distribution service for most small businesses. While other services may suit big companies or businesses with specialized needs, Sitetrail generally hits all the right marks. It’s affordable, effective, and easy to use.
Sitetrail will not only distribute your press release but will also write it for you. Many press release distribution companies focus solely on distribution, so Sitetrail’s writing service makes the company stand out.
For just $99, you can try Sitetrail and see how press releases can help you market your business.
What is a press release?
A press release is an announcement issued by a business that the business considers newsworthy. This may include announcements about new products, new services, or a change in ownership, among other news.
What is the purpose of a press release?
Press releases aim to gain the attention of reporters and inspire them to write about the business. Ideally, a press release — and any articles stemming from it — will attract the attention of your target market and improve your SEO rankings.
Are press releases worth it?
Press releases remain important for marketing purposes because they can help you get noticed. Reporters do search through press releases for stories and, if they write about your business and link back to your website, that can boost your SEO rankings.
What is a press release distribution service?
A press release distribution service sends press releases to various news channels and other publishing organizations for a fee.
How much does press release distribution cost?
It can cost anywhere from $49 to $3,000 or more.