Do you need to form an LLC or corporation, but don’t have the budget to hire an attorney? Are you also uncomfortable handling the paperwork on your own? Thankfully, there are incorporation services that handle the entire process, saving money and allowing you to focus on bringing your business to life.
In this business incorporation services comparison guide, we’ll examine the 7 best options, which all have their own set of features and pricing structures. By the end, you’ll have a good idea of which formation service is right for you. Enjoy!
#1 Incfile - $49
IncFile, our top pick, is the best overall value based on pricing and features. We’ve worked with them multiple times ourselves, and highly recommend their services. It’s impressive how much you get for your $49:
- 1 Year Registered Agent Service
- Real-time Order Tracking & Free Shipping
- Online Dashboard of Compliance Tools
They also have amazing customer reviews, with a 4.8 average out of 5 on ShopperApproved. Customers also rave about the support they receive from IncFile’s reps, which is another one of the many reasons they’re a top-rated business incorporation service.
#2 Northwest - $49
If you want the lowest price available while still getting the basic features you need, Northwest Registered Agent is a great option. While they don’t offer nearly as many features as IncFile, Northwest includes everything you need and nothing you don’t, including:
- One full year of their premium registered agent service
- Industry-leading customer support
- Plenty of experience, but still a small enough company to provide a personal touch
#3 Rocket Lawyer - $99
Their premium customer service and suite of optional legal services makes Rocket Lawyer another great choice. While they’re a bit more expensive, they’re backed by Google Ventures and we feel they deliver. Their members enjoy features like:
- Complimentary Expedited Filing
- Registered Agent Service
- Discounts on Legal Fees
- Consultations with Business Lawyers
Additionally, they have more experience than most competitors, with 7 million businesses and 20 million individuals served. Customers who subscribe to Rocket Lawyer’s legal services definitely get the most value out of their incorporation filing, so we recommend a monthly subscription if you’re going with them. If you’re interested in Rocket Lawyer’s services, read our review for a closer look on what you’ll get.
#4 Legalzoom - $149
LegalZoom is the most well-known and used business formation service available, with about 4 million customers served since they opened their doors in 1999. Their basic package includes:
- All formation documents filed with the state
- LegalZoom Peace of Mind Review
- 1-2-1 customer support
They don’t exactly have the best customer feedback due to customer support, but that’s usually the case with any company of this size and scope, so we have no problem recommending LegalZoom as an incorporation service.
#5 Corpnet - $108
Started by a husband and wife team of entrepreneurs, CorpNet offers top-notch incorporation and compliance solutions at rates that won’t break the bank. They also boast a nice balance of features:
- The B.I.Z. (Business Information Zone) for Important Due Dates
- 60 Days to 1 Year of Registered Agent Service
- Helpful Business Structure Wizard
Their customers couldn’t be happier, as CorpNet holds a 9.7 average out of 10 on TrustPilot. At the end of the day, CorpNet is a family-owned company with a personal touch you don’t get from massive providers, making them another strong option for business incorporation service.
#6 MyCompanyWorks - $79
MyCompanyWorks (formerly My New Company) is an interesting option for people who want to use a smaller incorporation service, instead of a large, less personalized company perhaps like LegalZoom (for some, many people have amazing customer experiences).
- Startup Wizard To Help Organize After Formation
- Next-Day Processing for Important Documents
- Personalized Organizational Meeting Minutes & Corporate Bylaws
Finally, they have great customer reviews, with a 4.8 score out of 5 on ShopperApproved. They’re not the biggest or most experienced, but MyCompanyWorks seems to leave the vast majority customers satisfied with their service.
#7 BIZFILINGS - $99
They’ve been open for over 20 years, and remain a respected incorporation service for businesses of all shapes and sizes. Some of their popular features include:
- 6 Months of Free Registered Agent Service
- BizComply Compliance Monitoring Tool
- Extensive Document Library Access
BizFilings also has lots of valuable free educational content on their website, including some informative FAQs and state-by-state overviews. They don’t stand out in any one way, but their incorporation filing package is nicely balanced.
Pros & Cons To Using An Incorporation Service
- You don’t need to know anything about the legal aspects of registering a business. Your business incorporation service handles all paperwork on your behalf.
- Any good online incorporation service will keep you notified in the future of any legal requirements you need to take care of with the state. This removes any surprises!
- No need for you to get directly involved. An incorporation service saves you time researching and filing with the state so you can focus your energy on getting your business off the ground.
- Every incorporation service above offers phone and email support for any questions you have about the status of your business.
- The biggest downside to using a business filing service is the lack of personalization, like you would have with an attorney. These services are very helpful but a legal professional can give extra insight to the start of your business. However, keep in mind that Northwest offers an impressive level of dedicated support. So if this is something you’re needing, consider them.
Which Filing Service is Best?
At the end of the day, it’s up to you to choose which is right for your business. Read our full reviews to get a more complete picture of what you get with each service.
In general though, we prefer IncFile. Their combination of low prices, experience and great customer reviews make them a great choice for any entrepreneur looking to start off strong. Plus you will end up saving up to $59 as opposed to using other services on this list.