Best LLC Services Compared
|Best LLC Services|
HIGHEST CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
In this business formation services guide, we’ll compare, review, and rank the 7 best LLC services as of June 2022:
The following LLC filing services all have their own sets of affordable features (e.g. Employer Identification Number (EIN) and registered agent services) and pricing for your business structure (e.g. sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, or limited liability company - single-member LLC or multi-member LLC).
Based on their superior customer service, accessible pricing, and easy-to-use plans, Northwest is our top business formation service choice for startups forming an LLC online.
However, by the end of our comparison, you’ll be able to choose which business formation service is right for you and your company.
Best LLC Service: Northwest
Northwest ($39 + state fee) is the overall best LLC formation service, offering knowledgeable customer support and a large number of features at an affordable price.
Northwest is our top choice for the best LLC service. Not only does Northwest make forming your business online quick and simple, but it also offers exceptional, knowledgeable customer service. Customers can get support from a team of Corporate Guides, business experts who help you throughout the entire process.
For only $39 + state fee, you’ll receive the following and more:
- One full year of free registered agent service
- Industry-leading customer support
- Free mail forwarding
- Quick and user-friendly ordering process
- Free phone service for 60 days
- Online account to access important business documents
- Plenty of experience, but still a small enough company to provide a personal touch
Overall, we highly recommend Northwest due to its expert customer service and affordability.
Best LLC Service: Northwest
Northwest is an excellent and affordable choice for online LLC services. Form an LLC with Northwest ($39 + state fees).
ZenBusiness is a small business formation service dedicated to helping others launch their businesses. The company was founded in 2015 by a team of entrepreneurs who experienced the barriers that others continue to face today when starting a business.
We've selected ZenBusiness as one of the best LLC services. It's a great option to start your business online for the following reasons:
- Straightforward business formation packages
- Knowledgeable and responsive customer support
- Positive customer feedback from ZenBusiness reviews online
- Highly affordable registered agent services
- Online user dashboard with personal ZenBusiness login
Below are the business formation services ZenBusiness provides:
- Business formation (LLC, partnership, corporation)
- Obtain EIN - An EIN is necessary to open a business bank account or hire employees
- Operating Agreement - states roles of owner(s)/member(s), purpose of company
- Registered Agent Services - Annual report, state and local government correspondence, notice of lawsuits, legal documents
If you’re looking for affordable and valuable formation service, ZenBusiness is the right choice for you! Form an LLC with ZenBusiness ($39 + state fees).
Incfile is among the best LLC services out there. We’ve worked with them multiple times ourselves, and highly recommend their LLC formation services. It’s impressive how much you get for only the state filing fee:
- 1 free Year Registered Agent Service
- Real-time Order Tracking & Free Shipping
- Online Dashboard of Compliance Tools
Incfile's LLC formation services are similar to those of ZenBusiness (e.g. Operating Agreement, EIN, registered agent services, etc). In addition, they have amazing customer service reviews, with a 4.8 average out of 5 on ShopperApproved. Customers also rave about the support they receive from Incfile’s reps after starting an LLC, which is another one of the many reasons they’re a top-rated business incorporation service.
Incfile is one of the best LLC services if you are on a budget, and want valuable added features. Form an LLC with Incfile ($0 + state fees).
4. Rocket Lawyer
If you’re a small business owner interested in online legal services and advice beyond company formation, Rocket Lawyer is the best LLC service for you.
Rocket Lawyer has a subscription-based model, which gives premium members access to additional legal help and advice; TRUiC worked with Rocket Lawyer to create an excellent deal for our users through the exclusive New Business Bundle, which offers premium membership services at a discounted price. For $349.99 + State Fees (Regularly $649.97 + State Fees), you’ll gain access to a plethora of features including:
- Free Incorporation Services
- Registered Agent Service for 1 year
- Legal Services such as:
- Simple-to-use documents and contracts
- Quick answers to your legal questions
- Consultations with business lawyers
- More exclusive discounts
The New Business Bundle will provide you with peace of mind should any legal issues arise. Additionally, Rocket Lawyer has more experience than most competitors, with 7 million businesses and 20 million individuals served. Businesses using Rocket Lawyer’s legal services definitely get the most value out of their incorporation filing. If you’re interested in Rocket Lawyer’s LLC services, read our review for a closer look on what you’ll get.
Best for Legal Services: Rocket Lawyer
Rocket Lawyer is the best choice if you want legal advice in additon to LLC services. Get the New Business Bundle ($349.99 + state fees).
MyCompanyWorks (formerly My New Company) is an interesting option for people who want to use a smaller incorporation service, instead of a large, less personalized company perhaps like LegalZoom.
- Startup Wizard To Help Organize After Formation
- Next-Day Processing for Important Documents
- Personalized Organizational Meeting Minutes & Corporate Bylaws
Similar to ZenBusiness, MyCompanyWorks provides the same LLC formation services listed above (e.g. EIN and registered agent services).
Finally, they have great customer reviews, with a 4.8 score out of 5 on ShopperApproved. They’re not the biggest or most experienced, but MyCompanyWorks seems to leave the vast majority of customers satisfied with their service.
LegalZoom is the most well-known and used business formation service available, with about 4 million customers served since they opened their doors in 1999. Their basic package includes:
- All formation documents filed with the state
- LegalZoom Peace of Mind Review
- 1-2-1 customer support
In addition to the typical LLC formation services, LegalZoom provides legal services for its clients and accounting services for your business tax needs (e.g. payroll taxes). Their business services have a more a la carte approach, which can add up quickly.
They don’t exactly have the best customer feedback due to customer support, but that’s usually the case with any company of this size and scope, so we have no problem recommending LegalZoom as an incorporation service.
BizFilings has been open for over 20 years forming different business structures, and remains a respected incorporation service for businesses of all shapes and sizes. Some of their popular features include:
- 6 Months of Free Registered Agent Service
- BizComply Compliance Monitoring Tool
- Extensive Document Library Access
BizFilings also has lots of valuable free educational content on their website, including some informative FAQs and state-by-state guides. They don’t stand out in any one way, but their incorporation filing package is nicely balanced.
Forming a corporation instead? Read our review of the best incorporation services for startups!
Pros & Cons To Using An Incorporation Service
- You don’t need to know anything about the legal aspects of registering a business. Your business incorporation service handles all paperwork on your behalf.
- Any good online incorporation service will keep you notified in the future of any legal requirements you need to take care of with the state. This removes any surprises!
- No need for you to get directly involved. An LLC formation service saves you time researching and filing your business with the state so you can focus your energy on getting your startup off the ground.
- Every incorporation service above offers phone, email, and online support for any questions you have about the status of your business formation.
- The biggest downside to using a business filing service is the lack of personalization, like you would have with an attorney. These services are very helpful, but a legal professional can give extra insight to help you start your business. However, keep in mind that Northwest offers an impressive level of dedicated support. So if this is something you need, consider them.
Which LLC Filing Service is Best?
At the end of the day, it’s up to you to choose which LLC service is right for your business. Read our individual LLC service reviews to get a more complete picture of what you get with each business formation company.
In general though, we prefer Northwest. Their combination of low prices, experience, and great customer reviews make them a great choice for any entrepreneur looking to start off strong. In addition, you will end up saving a lot of money as opposed to using other services on this list.