ZenBusiness LLC Service Review 2023
Is ZenBusiness Legit?
Last Updated: By TRUiC Team
Are you ready to form a limited liability company (LLC) and looking for online business formation services to simplify the filing process?
In this ZenBusiness review, we’ll walk through the pros, cons, pricing, features, customer reviews, and more. By the time you finish reading our review, you'll know if ZenBusiness is the best LLC service for your small business.
Recommended: Check out our list of the best LLC services.
What Is ZenBusiness?
Operating out of Texas, ZenBusiness is a small business formation service dedicated to helping others launch their businesses. The company was founded in 2015 by a team of entrepreneurs who experienced the barriers that others continue to face today.
What Does ZenBusiness Do?
- Files Your Business
ZenBusiness will acquire your business name, file your documents with the state, and submit your Articles of Organization.
- Offers Support from Business Specialists
Their friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful customer service staff is sure to guide you in the right direction for your business. ZenBusiness is ready to inform and get you set up so you can seamlessly start running your business by answering questions that are specific to your state. Customers rave about the support in ZenBusiness LLC reviews online.
- Maintains Compliance with the Worry Free Guarantee
The Worry Free Guarantee is a valuable LLC service included for the first year. This guarantee provides a sense of security since you will receive notifications for important filings, two annual amendments, and the necessary help to remain up-to-date and compliant if anything goes wrong.
Is ZenBusiness a Good Deal?
Although ZenBusiness offers a decent deal, there are other options on the market that provide additional features at a more affordable price. Our top-rated service is Northwest Registered Agent; they offer free registered agent services in the first year, as well as knowledgeable, personalized customer support starting at only $29 plus state fees.
If you're specifically looking to build a brand and online presence in addition to LLC formation, we recommend Tailor Brands.
ZenBusiness Pros & Cons
Pros of ZenBusiness
- The ZenBusiness LLC formation service starts at only $0* + state fees and includes worry-free compliance for the first year.
- ZenBusiness offers excellent customer feedback and most of their users claim that not only are they honest and “straightforward,” but deliver on their promises.
- The ZenBusiness LLC Premium package offers a significant number of perks you’ll enjoy as a business owner such as: expedited filing, domain name, and website, just to name a few.
Cons of ZenBusiness
- You'll have to pay extra fees for essential LLC features like an EIN and registered agent services.
- If you're looking for more affordable options and personalized, expert customer support, there are better alternatives such as one of our other top picks, Northwest Registered Agent.
There are hundreds of positive ZenBusiness reviews online that compliment the company's quick turnaround times and genuine customer support.
The business formation service maintains a 9.4/10 rating out of about 540 customer reviews on Trustpilot. Here are a few ZenBusiness reviews:
“I thought this was too good to be true, but it was completely legit. I was very pleased with how quick and easy ZenBusiness made the process of becoming an LLC. They offer plenty of helpful add-on options that you can pay for, but they don't push them on you. It's also nice that everything is conveniently in a dashboard on their site for me. When I want to get an EIN or make amendments or anything, I can do it super easily from their site. Definitely would recommend.”
“If you're looking to start a business and looking for a reputable business to do so, I would totally recommend ZenBusiness. In addition, they have great customer service and get everything done fast! I have registered two businesses with them and totally recommend them!”
"Zen was extremely easy to use. I must admit, I was skeptical because the price was so low, but I was able to ask questions online via chat and was answered immediately. The process was extremely easy and fast. I definitely recommend Zen Business to anyone!"
“Zenbusiness helped me get my business set up in a timely manner. They are cost effective and are there for you every step of the way. They notify you promptly when there is a matter that needs to be addressed. I highly recommend them to anyone who is looking to set up a business.”
If you place a high value on customer reviews, consider choosing ZenBusiness as your LLC formation service.
How Much Does ZenBusiness Cost?
Similar to many other LLC formation companies, ZenBusiness offers three different packages to meet your business’s specific needs: Starter, Pro, and Premium. We’ll share what each plan includes below:
ZenBusiness LLC Service: Starter ($0* + State Fee)
- Basic LLC formation
- Unlimited name availability searches
- Unlimited phone and email support
- Digital dashboard to access business documents
- Free accounting consultation
- Free automatic expense tracking
- Free tax deduction tagging
- Worry-free compliance free first year (Auto-renewal price: $199/yr)
ZenBusiness LLC Service: Pro ($199 + State Fee)
- Everything in Starter
- Filing speed (1 - 2 business days)
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
ZenBusiness LLC Service: Premium ($349 + State Fee)
- Everything in Starter and Pro
- Domain name privacy
- Business email address
- Business website
- Business Document Templates
The Bottom Line
ZenBusiness is a reliable LLC service, but it's not the best option if you're on a budget. Other services offer more features at a lower price. To explore those options, we recommend reading our review of the best LLC services.