- If customer service is as big of a priority for you as it is for me, you’ll love Northwest Registered Agent. Every customer can get support from a team of Corporate Guides, who assist you throughout the entire process. You can even request someone you've worked with in the past.
- The vast majority of reviews they have online are very positive.
- Northwest Registered Agent doesn’t have quite the level of brand power and name recognition as an industry leader like LegalZoom.
- Northwest is more expensive than other companies providing LLC services such as ZenBusiness, which offers a better value overall.
Northwest Registered Agent offers one incorporation package for $225 plus state fee.
Northwest LLC Formation Service: $225 + State Fees
Northwest’s Incorporation Service includes:
- Corporate Guides® (experts) who will take care of the LLC filing
- Premium registered agent services
- Operating Agreement
- LLC Membership Certificates or Corporation Stock Certificates
- Annual report compliance
- Online account to access important business documents
While they don’t have a massive volume of customer feedback like some of their competitors, the reviews online are mostly positive.
Their satisfied customers appreciate the company’s friendly and helpful customer support representatives, as well as Northwest’s general ease-of-use.
Northwest Registered Agent is a good choice to form your LLC thanks to their premium registered agent services and great customer support, but it’s still always smart to be aware of what the competition has to offer. With that in mind, let’s see how they compare to LegalZoom, one of the industry leaders.
Pricing: Northwest Registered Agent’s LLC formation package costs $225. LegalZoom’s most affordable package is priced at $79.
Features: Both companies offer pretty similar features and are on the more expensive side.
Turnaround Time: LegalZoom bases their turnarounds on which formation package you choose. In most states, the Economy ($79) package has a 30-day turnaround, Standard ($329) has a 15-day turnaround, and Express Gold ($349) has a 7-10 day turnaround. With Northwest Registered Agent, turnaround times only depend on which state you choose to form in, as well as whether you want expedited processing (where available).
Customer Support: Northwest built their entire reputation on premium customer support. LegalZoom has a more standard customer service department, but they do usually answer the phone pretty quickly in my experience.
Businesses Formed So Far: LegalZoom is one of the industry giants, as they’ve formed over a million LLCs, which is admittedly pretty amazing. Northwest Registered Agent hasn’t formed nearly that many businesses, but they are a mid-sized company with plenty of experience.
HERE'S A QUICK VISUAL
Pricing Starts at $225
In Business Since 1998
Perfect for: Entrepreneurs who want top-notch customer support with their LLC formation
Pricing Starts at $79
In Business Since 1999
Perfect for: Entrepreneurs who place a high value on brand power & customer volume
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s Their Refund Policy?
Directly from their website: “If we screw something up, we will give your money back.”
Are There Any Hidden Fees?
Nope. Northwest Registered Agent does a good job of being upfront about all expenses related to your formation.
Is My Information Safe?
Northwest Registered Agent takes your security seriously, as they write all their own code and don’t allow any third-party apps on their website.
Can I Just Form a Business Myself?
Yes. You can form your own LLC, draft an Operating Agreement, and be your own registered agent. However, Northwest and other reputable formation services provide peace of mind that everything was done correctly, and save you time.