WHICH DBA FILING SERVICE SHOULD YOU CHOOSE?
All of these companies are capable of helping you file a DBA online and accurately.
Generally speaking, we prefer LegalZoom as the top DBA filing service due to their fast turnaround times, user-friendly website, and great customer support.
1. LegalZoom - $99 + State Fee
LegalZoom has two price points to file a DBA online for you, and the upper-tier Premium package ($119 + state fee) has some intriguing additions that you don’t often see with DBA filing. Beyond that, they’re one of the most popular names in the industry, so there’s a level of comfort many unsure entrepreneurs appreciate.
- 14-day trial of the Business Advisory Plan, which offers attorney consultations, document reviews, & annual business evaluations
- Preparation and filing of documents
- Publication of your DBA in a newspaper and a proof of publication filing
With over 3 million customers served in the last 18 years, LegalZoom has the experience to ensure your DBA filing is smooth and compliant. Businesses can ensure they are in compliance with state and local laws, and can operate under their desired name with confidence.
2. MyCompanyWorks - $99 + State Fee
With a 90-day money-back guarantee and straightforward pricing model, MyCompanyWorks is a popular DBA filing service. Their website is simple to use, they offer excellent customer support, and they have a number of affordable add-ons to their core DBA package:
- Federal EIN Tax ID Number ($49)
- Registered Agent ($99/Year)
- 4 Shipping Options, from Free to $89
MyCompanyWorks is dedicated to providing top-rate DBA name services at low prices, and they certainly deserve consideration if you want to file a DBA online.
3. Swyft Filings - $99 + State Fee
The next best DBA name service goes to Swyft Filings, thanks to their impressive customer feedback. With a 4.5 average score out of 5 on ShopperApproved after over 29,000 reviews, it’s tough to beat their reliability and variety of great features that include:
- Setup In as Little as 10 Minutes
- Turnaround Times of 1-2 Weeks
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Swyft Filings is known for their speed, great user experience, and easily-accessible service department, making them ideal DBA filing services for beginners as well as busy entrepreneurs looking for convenience.
4. CorpNet - $79 + State Fee & Shipping
CorpNet's Basic package to file a DBA offers other features you can add on, including:
- Overnight Shipping Options
- Federal EIN Tax ID Number ($69)
Ordering these services a la carte would set you back $197, so there’s a decent savings over ordering these features separately. Note that when you file a DBA online with CorpNet, you will have to pay for shipping, which is an extra $29. What sets them apart though is their personalized service, smaller feel, and the fact it’s a husband/wife business with a great team evidenced by their customer reviews.
5. MyCorporation - $129 + State Fee
With over a million businesses served in 20+ years, MyCorporation is another strong option for DBA filing online. They provide all the typical features of a DBA, with some add-ons as well:
- Expedited Service Available ($100 Extra)
- Employer ID Numbers Available ($79 Extra)
- Great Learning Center to Help Start & Manage Business
MyCorporation sports a 4.0 average score out of 5 on TrustPilot after over 200 reviews, so you know their customers are pleased with their services. In fact, they’re an industry leader when it comes to personalized support.
6. BizFilings - $99 + State Fee & Name Check
While BizFilings is a decent choice for DBA filing, they charge $25 extra for a name check, which none of the other companies in this guide do. Still, with over 20 years in business and many other solutions and services, they’re worth consideration.
- Low-cost Expedited Orders ($60 Extra)
- Extensive Free Online DBA Help Center
- Incorporation Services Start at $99 with 6 months of Registered Agent
Their customer service representatives average 4 years of experience, so you can count on BizFilings to provide good support when you're registering a DBA and onward. Again, most of these providers are set up to help with much more after initial business filing and incorporation.
DBA Filing Service Pros and Cons
DBA Filing Service Pros
- If you simply have no idea what any of this means and don’t have a business attorney on your side, these providers can be a huge help. Each service makes the process of filing a DBA online as quick and painless as possible.
- If you have a stellar experience filing a DBA through one of these providers, you can then leverage all the other business services these companies offer to help operate your company.
- Some of the DBA service providers offer money-back guarantees, which help the process feel less stressful when you don’t understand all of the legalities involved.
DBA Filing Service Cons
- Some of these providers are huge corporations, so your personal experience may vary depending on which employee files your business paperwork, or which department you’re contacting.
- None of these companies are law firms, so in most cases they cannot give you any real legal advice. Some, like Rocket Lawyer, can connect you with legal professionals for less though, but it’s not the same thing as having a dedicated attorney.
- If you want better asset protection, we recommend that you form an LLC (limited liability company), which comes with more complicated paperwork than registering a DBA name for a sole proprietorship.