MyCorporation Pros & Cons
- They pull in great customer feedback, with hundreds of reviews and high average scores all across the web.
- With over a million businesses served over their 20+ years in business, MyCorporation has impressive longevity and volume.
- Their $99 base rate is right in line with the industry standard price point for DBA registration services.
- If you require publication service for compliance purposes, as is necessary in some states, MyCorporation will publish your new company name in newspapers. It does cost a bit extra, but it saves you another round of hassles.
- MyCorporation offers a handy free DBA guide that serves as a how-to and answers all sorts of questions you didn’t even know you had yet.
- Their Rush expedited service is expensive, adding $100 to your total. Many competitors offer less expensive expediting options.
MyCorporation DBA Pricing & Features
MyCorporation prices their DBA service at the industry standard rate of $99. Take a look at how they break things down on their website:
Most DBA services are largely the same, and that’s the case here as well. MyCorporation offers a standard package including a name check, and the preparation and filing of your forms. Additionally, some states add fees for publication, although in the screenshot above you can see how affordable their DBA service can be in states that do not require publication.
The only add-on feature, aside from a somewhat randomly recommended tax ID (EIN) service, is the “rush service.” With no indication of how much this will speed things up, there’s little reason to throw $100 at it. Of course, you can always call MyCorporation and ask them for state-specific turnaround time estimates, but it would be nice if they gave some indication on their website as well.
MyCorporation has strong customer feedback, with hundreds of reviews and highly positive average scores. Their big selling points with customers seem to be the speed of their services and the helpful MyCorporation support reps.
Customer Reviews Section Last Updated 8-11-17
How MyCorporation Compares
Considering how much time I’ve invested into researching DBA providers, I’ve realized some of them offer more bang for your buck than others. Of course, my goal is still to figure out who hits the sweet spot of pricing and features for your business.
MyCorporation is a top DBA service due to their great customer reviews and fair price point. Still, it’s always smart to keep an eye on the competition, so let’s see how they stack up to my personal favorite, LegalZoom.
Pricing: MyCorporation and LegalZoom have the exact same base rate of $99.
Features: The one major difference is that MyCorporation includes publication fees in their $99 rate, while MyCorporation adds them on top. Keep in mind that this only applies to the select states that require publication to begin with.
Customer Support: LegalZoom’s support team is fairly good and they have extended service hours — 8am-10pm ET M-F, 10am-7pm ET Saturdays — that can be a real lifesaver. MyCorporation’s knowledgeable reps are just a touch more consistent in their helpfulness, and they’re open from 10am to 8pm Monday through Friday.
Experience: With nearly 1 million businesses formed since 1999, LegalZoom’s volume of clients is impressive. MyCorporation is no slouch in the experience department either though, with over 1 million customers served since they opened in 1997. Here, it’s a tie.
HERE'S A QUICK VISUAL
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I File a DBA Independently?
What’s Their Refund Policy?
How Secure Is MyCorporation?
Do They Offer Ongoing Support?
Should You Use MyCorporation?