Recommended Step Before Using MyCompanyWorks to Form an LLC
It’s important to name your LLC before going through the business formation process with a professional service. TRUiC’s Free LLC Name Generator will help you to do the following:
- Find the perfect name for your new LLC.
- Conduct a name search to make sure your desired LLC name is available.
- Help secure a domain name for your company.
- Their excellent customer reviews make them stand out from the crowd of competitors. On ShopperApproved for example, there are no critical reviews of MyCompanyWorks, compared to nearly 1,000 positive ratings.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee ensures that if you have any issues with your LLC formation, they will either correct the situation or give you a refund of all fees paid to MyCompanyWorks.
- While not the absolute cheapest in the industry, their $79 base rate is a highly competitive price point.
- Startup Wizard interactive LLC formation checklist takes you on a step-by-step journey through your state-specific compliance guidelines. There won’t be any surprises, and you’re less likely to overlook an important detail.
- Their customer support is almost always readily available. They respond to most emails and voicemails within 10-20 minutes during business hours.
- Registered agent service is only included in their most expensive LLC formation package. Some competitors include registered agent at all levels of service and a lower price-point.
With MyCompanyWorks, you get 3 options for LLC formation packages ranging from $79 to $279 plus state fee: Basic, Entrepreneur and Complete. Check out what each package includes.
Basic = $79 + State Fee
What It Includes: This package starts with the basics of LLC formation, including business name availability search, and the preparation and filing of your articles of organization. Additionally, you’ll receive a personalized LLC operating agreement and organizational minutes, along with the Startup Wizard compliance checklist tool and a handbook on LLC operation. Finally, all orders include a business tax consultation.
Who It’s Right For: Any entrepreneur who wants all the essentials at a fair price, while also receiving a few valuable extra features, should be interested in the Basic package.
Entrepreneur = $199 + State Fee
What It Includes: Everything from the Basic package, along with a federal tax ID number (EIN) that allows you to hire employees and file taxes, an LLC kit and seal with membership certificates to organize your ownership structure, and the MyCompanyForms document library containing 200+ sample forms.
Who It’s Right For: Most companies end up needing an EIN, so if you think you’ll get some value out of the kit/seal or document library, this is a good value for the money.
Complete = $279 + State Fee
What It Includes: Everything from the Entrepreneur package, plus a year of registered agent service to receive and forward important documents.
Who It’s Right For: There are a few states where you can act as your own registered agent, but most companies will need a registered agent. If you’re planning on ordering this service from MyCompanyWorks, might as well bundle it into this package and save $20.
Personally, I’m probably looking at the Complete package. I realize many entrepreneurs won’t be thrilled at the idea of spending nearly $300 before state fees on LLC formation service, but this package lives up to its name. It really does include a complete set of features for any new LLC.
MyCompanyWorks excels when it comes to customer feedback. Reviews are plentiful and positive, with customers raving about the efficient services and top-notch support they offer.
Customer Reviews Section Last Updated 4-27-18
- ShopperApproved: 4.8 based on 1904 ratings
- eKomi: 4.8 based on 947 reviews
Conclusion: They score big points with their customer reviews. They have a large quantity of high-quality feedback, and unhappy customers are nearly impossible to find.
MyCompanyWorks is a great LLC formation service thanks to their overwhelmingly positive customer feedback and 100% satisfaction guarantee. Still, it’s always a good idea to check out what the competition has to offer, so let’s take a quick look at my personal favorite, ZenBusiness.
Pricing: ZenBusiness's base rate of $39 represents a $40 savings over MyCompanyWorks’ Basic package.
Features: ZenBusiness includes a year of registered agent service with any LLC formation package, a feature that costs $99 as an add-on for MyCompanyWorks’ Basic and Entrepreneur packages.
Turnaround Time: Processing times vary by state, but in general ZenBusiness and MyCompanyWorks are about even. Each provider has states where they’re quicker than the other, so make sure to check their estimates for your state of formation.
HERE'S A QUICK VISUAL
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Just Form a Business Myself?
You certainly can, but it can be a hassle for many businesses. You’ll need to be familiar with state-specific requirements and also some legalese if you want to try the DIY route. Providers like MyCompanyWorks can handle all of that stuff for you, giving you peace of mind and allowing you to focus on actually running your company. If you do want to form your own LLC, take a look at our comprehensive how-to guide.
Are There Any Hidden Fees?
Not only do they avoid hidden fees, MyCompanyWorks prides themselves on their straightforward and honest pricing models.
Is My Information Secure?
MyCompanyWorks has a variety of 3rd-party security services protecting their site. Their security certificates are verified by GeoTrust, their systems are continuously scanned for malware by McAfee SECURE, and their payment systems are compliant to the Payment Card Industry’s standards.
Does My New Company Offer Ongoing Support?
Absolutely. Not only are they available via phone/email, but they also provide their customers with plenty of information regarding ongoing compliance requirements.
I’ll give MyCompanyWorks a score of 4/5. Their customer support team is knowledgeable and easily accessible, and their 100% satisfaction guarantee adds another layer of reassurance. Overall they’re a very reliable service. Whether you’re ready to get started with MyCompanyWorks, or you need more time to review our top 7 LLC formation services guide, simply use the buttons below.