In this review, we will compare, review, and rank the five best S corp services of 2023:
The following S corp filing services each have something to offer, including filing the additional documents needed to register as an S corp. Some are designed for the budget-conscious, while others are premium packages targeted at entrepreneurs ready to spend more and avoid inconveniences.
Of course, no single service is perfect for everyone, and by the end of our review, you will be able to identify which business formation service is right for your company.
Best S Corp Service: ZenBusiness
ZenBusiness ($49 + state fee) is our pick for the overall best S corp formation service due to its excellent reputation, competitive pricing, and comprehensive set of services.
ZenBusiness was founded in 2015 to help small business owners launch their ventures with minimal cost and hassle. We like this company for S corp formation services for several reasons:
- Customer support is readily available and good at what they do
- Plenty of positive reviews from other business owners
- Streamlined, guided ordering process
- Online user dashboard is one of the best you will find
Some of the business formation services offered by ZenBusiness include:
- S corporation formation (or other types of formation, such as LLC or corporation)
- Unlimited name availability searches
- Free accounting consultation
- Free automatic expense tracking
- Free tax deduction tagging
- Worry-free compliance free first year (Auto-renewal price: $199/yr): Includes annual filing report alerts and submittal, two free filing changes per year, and insurance on document filings to maintain good standing if documents are not submitted on time.
Best S Corp Service Overall: ZenBusiness
ZenBusiness has a track record of success, and its user dashboard is unbeatable.
Form an S corporation with ZenBusiness ($49 + state fees).
2. Tailor Brands
Tailor Brands has an Elite Plan that we love for multiple reasons. It is one of the best all-in-one packages we have found for those that want to take their business to the next level. It includes more than just basic business formation services. It adds powerful branding tools, social media tools, and more to expand your online presence.
Setting up an S corp with Tailor Brands is relatively fast and painless. During the process, you will also give the company the information it needs to create a basic website and start your social media marketing efforts. You also get up to five logos using its industry-leading logo creation tool.
Some of the key components of the Elite Plan include:
- S corporation formation
- Annual compliance
- Expedited processing
- Operating agreement
In addition to the basics, which you get with other services, you also get the following business-building tools:
- Five logos to create through Tailor Brands logo maker
- Domain name
- Website builder
- Digital business card
- Graphic design tools for social media
The Elite Plan is not the cheapest option out there. However, for those willing to spend more, it offers some of the best tools for online visibility we have found. The company’s other two plans are good as well, but it’s the top-tier plan that really stands out.
Best All-in-One S Corp Service: Tailor Brands
Tailor Brand’s Elite Plan is more than a formation service. This package has the tools and tricks you need to build your brand. Form an S corporation and grow your brand with Tailor Brands ($248 + state fees).
Northwest’s exceptional value contributes to its rank in our business formation review. It’s not a complex or feature-rich service compared to some of its competitors. However, it gets the basics right, including keeping the price affordable and giving you a free year of registered agent service. That’s a perk that can cost $200–$300 a year with other companies.
Some of the most important features of Northwest’s S corp formation service include:
- Full year of registered agent service for free
- Great customer support
- Free mail forwarding
- Experienced, but on the smaller side for a personal touch
While Northwest is great when you need a good value, it’s not perfect. One area where it’s less competitive is in the ordering and setup process. It can feel clunky to use and is not nearly as streamlined as some other services.
Best Value S Corp Service: Northwest
Northwest has long been an industry juggernaut, and their customer service and prices cannot be beat. Form your S corporation with Northwest ($29 + state fee).
Collective is a business formation service targeting premium users. It doesn’t try to draw you in with ultra-low prices. Instead, it offers a wide variety of included services that many other services lack. The premium price may be worth it for entrepreneurs who value convenience.
Some of the many features of Collective’s S corp formation services include:
- S corp formation
- Free consultation with a tax advisor
- EIN and operating agreement
- Bookkeeping and payroll training
- Year-round bookkeeping, payroll, accounting, and tax support
- Member relationship manager
As you can see, these extra services are substantial. And there are many more than we have listed above. Helping you form your S corporation is just the tip of the iceberg when you choose Collective.
Best Premium Service: Collective
Collective offers customers a hassle-free experience. Their higher price is offset by their superior customer service and additional features. Start your S corp with Collective ($299/month or $254/month if you pay for an entire year upfront)
LegalZoom is a well-known brand in the business formation sector. The company has been around for a long time, much longer than some of its competitors. Plenty of entrepreneurs have used the company to form S corporations, and plenty more have taken advantage of its business-related legal services. They have three different packages that are priced at $149, $329, and $349 (plus state fees).
LegalZoom’s basic formation package includes:
- All S corp formation documents filed with the state
- LegalZoom “peace of mind” review.
There is nothing wrong with using LegalZoom if you want an established service provider and don’t mind paying a premium. However, we think that you can get more for less from the other companies we have listed here.
If you want a bargain, ZenBusiness and Northwest are great. If you want premium services for a premium price, Tailor Brands and Collective are amazing. Unfortunately, LegalZoom sticks to the middle ground in ways that don’t make it a top choice for S corp formation.
Pros and Cons of Using an Incorporation Service
- No legal expertise required. You don’t have to learn the ins and outs of registering an S corporation because the service will take care of all of that for you.
- No surprises when it comes to future state filing requirements. The service will let you know if you need to do anything else to maintain your registration.
- You don’t have to spend time on incorporation. The service you choose will do all the heavy lifting so you can spend time on your business.
- Get ongoing support. All of these services offer help by phone, email, or online.
- No consistent personalized legal advice. Hiring a business lawyer to take care of your incorporation means you get personal feedback from a legal professional. Incorporation services are happy to help with the basics, but they aren’t always qualified to get into the fine details of your particular business structure.
Which S Corporation Filing Service is Best?
Choosing the perfect S corp filing service is a personal choice that only you can make. Every business has its own needs. Some need the least expensive bargain they can find. Others want all the bells and whistles. That’s why we encourage you to read each individual review and decide which makes the most sense for your requirements.
For most businesses, though, we think that ZenBusiness is the right choice. It has the experience and offers the right combination of services for the right price. It’s also very affordable. If you are on the fence, we encourage you to give ZenBusiness a try!