1. Rocket Lawyer - #1
Rocket Lawyer is our pick as the best ongoing legal services online past business formation. Here are some valuable features they offer:
- On Call attorney service gets answers to your legal questions from business lawyers within 24 hours.
- Extended customer support hours on weekdays from 9am to 9pm ET.
- Document Defense connects you with a qualified attorney to proofread and enforce your documents.
Add on top of that the significant discounts that Rocket Lawyer offers subscribers on legal fees (if necessary), and they’re our top online legal service. In fact, we collaborated with Rocket Lawyer to create an incredible deal for our users through the New Business Bundle. The plan bundles Rocket Lawyer’s premium membership services and more at a discounted price of $349.99 + State Fees (Regularly $649.97 + State Fees). You’ll receive the following:
- Free Incorporation Services
- Registered Agent Service for 1 year
- Legal Services such as:
- Easy-to-use documents and contracts
- Fast answers from attorneys
- Consultations with business lawyers
2. LegalZoom - #2
LegalZoom has the longest trial period of any online legal services provider, as they offer a money-back guarantee at any time within 60 days of purchase. They also have features such as:
- One copyright registration per month.
- Extended customer support hours weekdays 8am-10pm ET, weekends 10am-7pm ET.
- Access to accountants and other business tax professionals.
Like Rocket Lawyer, LegalZoom also offers consultations with business attorneys. All in all, LegalZoom is the more well-known and less affordable service.
Pros & Cons of Online Legal Services
- For entrepreneurs that can’t afford a conventional law firm, these subscription-based online legal services deliver huge value.
- Convenience is the big factor here, especially when it comes to getting quick answers to specific questions and legal document preparation.
- Each service also provides secure cloud-based digital document storage so they’re safe and all in one place.
- With some providers you can form relationships with specific attorneys who work with people through these platforms full-time. Think of these providers as on-demand legal services that you can access around the clock.
- There are times when you shouldn’t use online legal services. Some situations call for the expertise of a business lawyer. These providers are never a true substitute for conventional legal assistance.
- Should anything happen and you get sued, these providers have waived all responsibility. You’re fully responsible for correctly and legally using these services. Especially regarding the document libraries, it’s on you to make certain all the info is correct.
Which Online Legal Service Should You Choose?
Our favorite is Rocket Lawyer because they offer comprehensive online legal services with great customer service. The New Business Bundle offers the best deal for business owners seeking high-quality legal advice and services throughout their company’s lifetime.