Recommended Step Before Using Northwest or LegalZoom
It’s important to name your LLC before going through the business formation process with a professional service. TRUiC’s Free LLC Name Generator will help you to do the following:
- Find the perfect name for your new LLC.
- Conduct a name search to make sure your desired LLC name is available.
- Help secure a domain name for your company.
Northwest and LegalZoom Commonalities
Both LegalZoom and Northwest Registered Agent are entirely capable of handling every step of your LLC’s formation in a professional manner. You won’t need to dive into the specifics and formalities yourself, and they’ll handle all the legal red tape too. All that’s required of you is answering a few simple questions about your business, and paying any necessary fees. They’ll take care of the rest!
Here’s what these two companies have in common when it comes to the LLC formation service they provide:
- Fast, professional services with plenty of experience.
- Either of these services can save you hundreds of dollars compared to hiring a business lawyer to form your company.
- Both companies offer many other business services beyond your formation. If you want them to help maintain your LLC as well, they’re both certainly capable of doing so.
- These services both have safe and user-friendly websites loaded with options and information.
- Northwest Registered Agent and LegalZoom each package some other valuable features in with your LLC formation, adding a considerable amount of value to even their base-rate formation packages.
- They both offer access to trained customer support experts who can assist you if anything goes wrong, or if you just have questions to ask!
What Sets Them Apart?
- Pricing: Northwest Registered Agent offers LLC formation service for a price point of $225 (plus state fee). LegalZoom’s prices start at $79 (plus state fee).
- Registered Agent Service: As you may have guessed by their company name, Northwest Registered Agent’s claim to fame is their premium registered agent service. On the other hand, LegalZoom doesn’t include this feature with any of their packages, and charges $159 to add it on.
- Customer Volume: LegalZoom is one of the industry giants, with millions of clients and a truckload of brand power. Northwest Registered Agent has plenty of experience in their own right with thousands of customers, but they’re more of a mid-sized company compared to LegalZoom.
- Customer Reviews: Because they have more customers, LegalZoom has many more total reviews available online than Northwest Registered Agent, but they are mixed in quality. Northwest only has a few dozen pieces of online customer feedback, but they’re mostly positive.
- Turnaround Times: It’s not that one or the other has better turnarounds, but they are certainly different. Northwest Registered Agent bases your turnaround times on how long they expect your state of formation to take when processing your order, and also whether you purchase expedited service (where available). LegalZoom is quicker in some states and slower in others, because they base their estimate on whether you buy their Economy package (30 days), Standard package (15 days), or Express Gold package (7-10 days). LegalZoom’s estimates do not vary by state.
- Customer Support: While both companies do have solid support, Northwest Registered Agent provides their clients with Corporate Guides, who are highly trained U.S.-based support agents. Every customer gets a Corporate Guide assigned to their specific account, so you can talk to the same person whenever you have a problem or question. As for LegalZoom, their customer service is a more standard call-center type of experience.
Northwest Registered Agent offers one incorporation package for $225 plus state fee.
For $225 + state fees, Northwest’s Incorporation Service includes:
- Corporate Guides® (experts) who will take care of the LLC filing
- Premium registered agent services
- Operating Agreement
- LLC Membership Certificates or Corporation Stock Certificates
- Annual report compliance
- Online account to access important business documents
LegalZoom Starts at $79
LegalZoom also offers their clients three different levels of service for their LLC formation.
Like Northwest Registered Agent, LegalZoom’s Economy package includes the must-haves for your LLC formation: a business name check, along with the drafting and filing of your formation articles. In addition, the Economy tier also includes a banking resolution, which can be used to obtain a business checking account if you don’t have an EIN.
When you step up an extra $250 to the Standard tier, LegalZoom adds 20 personalized LLC membership certificates, prioritized order processing, and a symbolic embossed organizer and company seal. Finally, an additional $20 on top of the Standard package gets you the Express Gold tier, which includes expedited processing from your state, and express shipping of the completed documents.
In my opinion, it’s pretty clear that Northwest Registered Agent’s Basic package is the best value of these six packages. At just $49, it’s the cheapest option provided by either of these service providers, and the inclusion of a full year of registered agent service is a fantastic value-added feature.
I found a few dozen online customer reviews for Northwest Registered Agent, and the vast majority of those are positive reviews. Their customers frequently mention how pleased they are with Northwest’s excellent support agents, as well as how easy to use their services are.
“If you want to work with cheerful people, with a straightforward no-nonsense attitude, Northwest Registered Agent is the best choice out there. I've done formations in other states on my own and with other services. Alabama had some twists that made using a service the way to go.
The client dashboard is very cool. Having everything there is great. Got my LLC up in under a week! Kudos and thanks! You've exceeded my expectations, and I've already recommended you to friends and family!”
- James Bragg LegalZoom has hundreds of reviews all over the web, but they’re much more mixed between positive and negative feedback. Their largest collection of online reviews is on SiteJabber, where they maintain a 3.3-star (out of 5) rating with well over 600 reviews.
While plenty of their customers are indeed quite satisfied, there is also a noteworthy amount of them that have issues with LegalZoom’s outsourced customer support.
“I did not have a pleasant experience with the customer service representative. I was not listened to, in addition to being talked over. I couldn't even get a word in. I felt she was only listening to reply. The customer rep was not pleasant AT ALL and was unable to answer my questions as this was all new to me. Sadly disappointed.”
- Candice J. While LegalZoom has many more reviews online, Northwest Registered Agent has a higher ratio of positive feedback compared to negative reviews. Neither company has a bad reputation in this regard, but Northwest’s is probably a bit better. Indeed, this can be one of the advantages of working with a smaller company — it’s easier to maintain a top-notch customer experience when you’re not servicing millions of clients.
Which Should You Choose?
Both of these service providers offer professional LLC formation services, and you can count on either of them to get everything done the right way; however, there are many other options out there that are more affordable and efficient.
We recommend checking out our top-rated LLC formation service, ZenBusiness. The company offers high-quality business formation packages that are perfectly tailored to entrepreneurs.