Top Registered Agent Services Compared
In this review, we’ll compare the features of the top online business services of 2022 to see which is the best registered agent service when forming an LLC:
- Northwest Registered Agent (Recommended)
- Rocket Lawyer
- Harbor Compliance
In terms of quality service, Northwest Registered Agent stands out from its competitors. Although a little pricier at $125/year, it’s worth it; Northwest offers a seamless ordering process and superior customer service through their experienced business experts called Corporate Guides®. They provide same-day local scans and free digital mail forwarding. Additionally, Northwest ensures your privacy by never selling your data.
Get to know each of the best choices for startup registered agents below. By the end of our comparison, you’ll be able to choose which registered agent service is right for you and your company.
Best Registered Agent Service: Northwest
Northwest Registered Agent ($125/year) is the best choice for registered agent services because of its knowledgeable customer support and a plethora of features.
1. Northwest Registered Agent
Being in business since 1998, there are two major reasons we chose Northwest as the best registered agent service overall.
- They have made a name for themselves by being the most friendly LLC service available. Out of all the registered agent services we have reviewed and contacted, they’re by far the best in regard to phone/email support.
- They locally scan every document you receive. Most registered agent services only scan certain documents like legal summons. Northwest Registered Agent scans all your paperwork, ensuring you never miss a document and eliminating surprises.
Here's quick look at more of their features:
- Same price every year
- Free mail forwarding
- Lifetime support from local business guides
- Data privacy protection
Northwest Registered Agent Services
If you value expert customer support and industry experience, Northwest right service for you. Hire Northwest as your company's registered agent service ($125/year).
ZenBusiness is another great registered agent service. ZenBusiness is a small business formation service dedicated to helping others launch their businesses. The company was founded in 2015 by a team of entrepreneurs who experienced the barriers that others continue to face today when starting a business.
ZenBusiness provides registered agent services for our users at only $99/year for an existing business. You can also upgrade to the complete coverage package to include their Worry-Free Compliance Guarantee, for a total of $149/year.
Additionally, ZenBusiness offers LLC business formation packages starting at $39 per year (plus state fees), which also include registered agent services for a full year. See details here.
ZenBusiness registered agent services will do the following:
- Help you stay compliant with government laws
- Accept service of process and other tax and legal documents
- Provide you with peace of mind so you can focus on running your business
ZenBusiness Registered Agent Services
If you’re looking for affordable registered agent services, ZenBusiness is the right choice for you! Hire ZenBusiness as your company's registered agent service.
Another company on our list is Incfile due to their lower prices, but still high-quality registered agent services.
Why you should consider Incfile:
Yes, you can get their registered agent services individually for $119/year. Or, you can get free registered agent services for one year with any incorporation filing purchase. So if you haven’t formed your LLC or Corporation yet, they’re also a great option. (See Details)
- Learning Center Packed with Free Information
- User-Friendly Website Protected by Norton Web Security
- 150,000+ Customers Served since 2004
Incfile Registered Agent Services
Incfile is another affordable choice for registered agent services. Hire Incfile as your company's registered agent service ($119/year).
4. Rocket Lawyer
Rocket Lawyer’s registered agent services cost a bit more, but they provide a full year for free if you subscribe to their Accelerate legal services plan for $49.95/month (learn more). Plus:
- Helped Form Over 800,000 Businesses
- The company is backed by Google Ventures
- Norton Web Security Protection & Information Website
- Legal Services Plan Includes Consultations with Business Attorneys
Even without the free year, Rocket Lawyer is still a good option to serve as your registered agent thanks to their 100% satisfaction guarantee and partnerships with experienced legal professionals. We work with them ourselves and haven’t run into a single hiccup yet.
Looking for affordable registered agent, incorporation, and legal services? We collaborated with Rocket Lawyer to provide our users with a discounted price of $349.99 + State Fees (Regularly $649.97 + State Fees)! Learn all about the New Business Bundle, which includes a year of registered agent services.
5. Harbor Compliance
When you choose to use Harbor Compliance's registered agent services ($99/year), you get their solid customer support and very beautiful dashboard. Other highlights include:
- Same-day document scanning and delivery.
- Free Compliance Guides & Whitepapers
- 10,000+ Customers Served since 2012
- Website protected by Norton and Trustwave
We have yet to find a less expensive option for online registered agent service than InCorp. One year of service will set you back a mere $99, but if you order five years, you save over $160, paying about $66 per year.
- As an industry leader since 1998, they have served 250,000+ customers
- InCorp.com has a User-Friendly & McAfee Secure Website
- Offer Many Other Business Formation/Compliance Services
In addition, InCorp will absorb any transfer fees and if you do manage to find lower prices, they’ll match them. InCorp is a tried and tested choice to provide your registered agent services.
LegalZoom ($299/year) is the costliest of these options, but with such a large popular platform they’re always in contention simply due to their experience and capabilities beyond basic registered agent services.
- Great Informative & Norton Secure Website
- A Wide Range of Business Services
- Nearly 4 Million Customers for 18+ Years
There’s nothing special or unique about their registered agent service, but if you already have other services through LegalZoom, it may simply be more convenient for you to have them serve as your registered agent as well. They’re a perfectly capable option.
Online Registered Agent Services Pros and Cons
- It’s common for independent professionals to charge a bit more than the prices you can get with companies who have a presence in all 50 states. These national providers are far less expensive in most cases.
- You’ll never have important documents delivered in front of clients, employees or customers if you choose to go with professional registered agent sevices. After all, you don’t want to get a court summons in front of a potential partner or investor.
- There’s peace of mind in knowing you’ll never miss crucial paperwork due to bad weather, someone stealing mail, or because you’re on vacation. These registered agent services have the technology to ensure you don’t miss a beat.
- Because the registered agent’s registered address or office isn’t going to change, you can freely move your business around wherever you want. This makes them an especially great option for a web-based business for obvious reasons.
- The penalties for not having a registered agent heavily outweigh the price tag. If you don’t have one, you can lose your business license, pay hefty fines, and potentially even face criminal charges.
- There aren’t many downsides to working with an online registered agent service provider, unless you’re setting up shop in one of the few states where you can be your own registered agent. This could save you some money.
What Is The Best Registered Agent Service?
Overall, our favorite out of all the registered agent services is Northwest Registered Agent because of their next-level customer support and plethora of features. We highly recommend checking them out.
Best Registered Agent Services By State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia