1. ZenBusiness - $99/year
We chose ZenBusiness as the best registered agent service. ZenBusiness is a small business formation service dedicated to helping others launch their businesses. The company was founded in 2015 by a team of entrepreneurs who experienced the barriers that others continue to face today.
After researching many other LLC formation services available, we chose to team up with ZenBusiness to design packages that offer the most affordable registered agent services for our users at only $99/year for an existing business. You can also upgrade to the complete coverage package to include their Worry-Free Compliance Guarantee, for a total of $149/year.
ZenBusiness registered agent services will do the following:
- Help you stay compliant with government laws
- Accept service of process and other tax and legal documents
- Provide you with peace of mind so you can focus on running your business
Special Offer: ZenBusiness offers LLC business formation packages starting at $39 per year (plus state fees), which also include registered agent services for a full year. See details here.
If you’re looking for affordable and valuable registered agent services, ZenBusiness is the right choice for you!
2. Northwest - $125/year
Being in business since 1998, there are two major reasons we chose Northwest Registered Agent as one of our top picks.
- They have made a name for themselves by being the most friendly LLC service available. Out of all the registered agent services we have reviewed and contacted, they’re by far the best in regard to phone/email support.
- They locally scan every document you receive. Most registered agent services only scan certain documents like legal summons. Northwest Registered Agent scans all your paperwork, ensuring you never miss a document and eliminating surprises.
Special Offer: Get their free registered agent services for one year when you form an LLC or Corporation through Northwest. Right now it’s just $49 + state fee. (See Details)
If premium customer support and industry experience are important to you, this might be the right service for you.
3. Incfile - $119/year
Another company on our list is Incfile due to their lower prices, but still high-quality registered agent services.
Why you should consider Incfile:
Yes, you can get their registered agent services individually for $119/year. Or, you can get free registered agent services for one year with any incorporation filing purchase. So if you haven’t formed your LLC or Corporation yet, they’re also a great option. (See Details)
- Learning Center Packed with Free Information
- User-Friendly Website Protected by Norton Web Security
- 150,000+ Customers Served since 2004
4. Harbor Compliance - $99/year
When you choose to use Harbor Compliance's registered agent services, you get their solid customer support and very beautiful dashboard. Other highlights include:
- Same-day document scanning and delivery.
- Free Compliance Guides & Whitepapers
- 10,000+ Customers Served since 2012
- Website protected by Norton and Trustwave
Throw in the fact they offer discounts for paying up-front for multiple years — and also for service in multiple states — and it’s easy to recommend them as a registered agent service.
5. InCorp - $99/year
We have yet to find a less expensive option for online registered agent service than InCorp. One year of service will set you back a mere $99, but if you order five years, you save over $160, paying about $66 per year.
- As an industry leader since 1998, they have served 250,000+ customers
- InCorp.com has a User-Friendly & McAfee Secure Website
- Offer Many Other Business Formation/Compliance Services
In addition, InCorp will absorb any transfer fees and if you do manage to find lower prices, they’ll match them. InCorp is a tried and tested choice to provide your registered agent services.
6. Rocket Lawyer - $149/year
Rocket Lawyer’s registered agent services cost a bit more, but they provide a full year for free if you subscribe to their Accelerate legal services plan for $49.95/month (learn more). Plus:
- Helped Form Over 800,000 Businesses
- The company is backed by Google Ventures
- Norton Web Security Protection & Information Website
- Legal Services Plan Includes Consultations with Business Attorneys
Even without the free year, Rocket Lawyer is still a good option to serve as your registered agent thanks to their 100% satisfaction guarantee and partnerships with experienced legal professionals. We work with them ourselves and haven’t run into a single hiccup yet.
7. LegalZoom - $159/year
LegalZoom is the costliest of these options, but with such a large popular platform they’re always in contention simply due to their experience and capabilities beyond basic registered agent services.
- Great Informative & Norton Secure Website
- A Wide Range of Business Services
- Nearly 4 Million Customers for 18+ Years
There’s nothing special or unique about their registered agent service, but if you already have other services through LegalZoom, it may simply be more convenient for you to have them serve as your registered agent as well. They’re a perfectly capable option.
Online Registered Agent Services Pros and Cons
- It’s common for independent professionals to charge a bit more than the prices you can get with companies who have a presence in all 50 states. These national providers are far less expensive in most cases.
- You’ll never have important documents delivered in front of clients, employees or customers if you choose to go with professional registered agent sevices. After all, you don’t want to get a court summons in front of a potential partner or investor.
- There’s peace of mind in knowing you’ll never miss crucial paperwork due to bad weather, someone stealing mail, or because you’re on vacation. These registered agent services have the technology to ensure you don’t miss a beat.
- Because the registered agent’s registered address or office isn’t going to change, you can freely move your business around wherever you want. This makes them an especially great option for a web-based business for obvious reasons.
- The penalties for not having a registered agent heavily outweigh the price tag. If you don’t have one, you can lose your business license, pay hefty fines, and potentially even face criminal charges.
- There aren’t many downsides to working with an online registered agent service provider, unless you’re setting up shop in one of the few states where you can be your own registered agent. This could save you some money.
What Is The Best Registered Agent Service?
Overall, our favorite out of all the registered agent services is ZenBusiness because of their next-level customer support and affordable packages. We highly recommend checking them out.
Special Offer: Get their registered agent service, which is included for one year at a low price of $39 (plus state fees) when you form an LLC or Corporation through ZenBusiness. (See Details)