Bizee (Formerly Incfile) Registered Agent Review 2024
Is It the Best Registered Agent Service?
Last Updated: By TRUiC Team
Do you need a registered agent service but you don’t know which of the many providers to choose? There are so many companies competing to be your registered agent these days, and it’s not easy to tell which ones offer you the best bang for your buck.
As a complement to your own research, we spent countless hours reviewing the details of all the popular online registered agent services. In this Bizee registered agent review, we'll go over some pros and cons, pricing and features, customer reviews, and more. Let’s find out if Bizee is the right fit for your business!
Recommended Alternative: Northwest Registered Agent
Pros & Cons of Bizee
Pros of Bizee
- If you require business formation services in addition to registered agent, Bizee can save you a chunk of cash because they provide a full year of registered agent service for free with any formation package. Details here.
- Bizee's customer reviews are nearly impossible to beat. For example, on Shopper Approved they hold a 4.8 average score out of 5, with nearly 1,900 reviews.
- They take online security seriously. Their site is covered by Norton Web Security which continuously scans for malware and other vulnerabilities, while encrypting data transmissions. They’re also an Authorize.net verified merchant, which protects customer info and combats fraud.
- With over 150,000 businesses served since 2004, Bizee has the longevity and volume to be a trustworthy operation.
- If you simply need someone to file change of registered agent paperwork, Bizee also offers this service even if you don’t use them as your registered agent.
Cons of Bizee
- Bizee doesn’t offer volume discounts on registered agent service. While their $119 annual rate is highly competitive and actually one of the lower price points out there, some competitors beat that rate if you order multiple years or service in multiple states.
- Bizee doesn't offer as many features as other registered agent services such as Northwest, which provides data privacy protection, business experts for support, local document scanning, and more.
Bizee Registered Agent Pricing
Bizee's $119 rate is on the lower end of online registered agent pricing. Take a look at how they describe their registered agent service:
If you get a registered agent through Bizee, they’ll notify you immediately of service of process so you’re prepared before you even have documents in your hands. Also, you’ll receive their convenient Registered Agent Dashboard - a handy online tool providing 24/7 access to your account and alerts you can use to stay on top of important deadlines and filing dates.
When it comes to customer feedback, Bizee excels. They have thousands of positive reviews and just a handful of critical ones by comparison. Their happy customers frequently compliment Bizee's ease of use, as well as their customer support. On the other hand, a few of their less positive reviews are rather critical of their service department, which isn’t surprising with a large company like this.
Customer Reviews Section Last Updated 5-5-22
- Shopper Approved: 4.8/5 out of 36,298 reviews
- Trustpilot: 4.6/5 out of 1,084 reviews
Conclusion: All told, it’s hard to accumulate thousands of reviews with so few complaints. If you place a high value on customer reviews, Bizee likely just scored some big points in your book.
How Bizee Compares
Considering how much time we've spent researching registered agent services, we've determined that some of them offer more for your money than others. Of course, our goal is still to figure out which provider has the best combination of pricing and features for you.
Bizee is a great provider of registered agent service because of their stellar customer feedback and their free year of registered agent with any business formation package. It’s always a good idea to see what the competition has to offer, so let’s also look at our personal favorite, Northwest Registered Agent.
Pricing: Northwest Registered Agent’s pricing starts at $125 per state per year for service in 1-3 states. If you require service in 4-9 states, the price drops to $115, and drops again to $100 for 10+ states. Of course, Bizee stays right at their $119 price tag.
Features: Northwest Registered Agent scans all your documents locally, but other than that these companies offer similar service.
Customer Support: Bizee's service department does a good job answering questions, but it does sometimes take awhile to get messages returned. Northwest Registered Agent based their entire reputation on their excellent customer support, and it shows. They have a personalized approach that makes you feel like a person, not a number.
Experience: Bizee has served 150,000+ businesses since 2004, which is an impressive volume of customers. However, Northwest Registered Agent specializes in providing this service, as opposed to Bizee's much wider focus on general business services. If you want a company that focuses on providing registered agent services, Northwest Registered Agent might be the right fit for your company.
HERE'S A QUICK VISUAL
Pricing Starts at $119
In Business Since 2004
Perfect for: Anyone starting a business on a budget who needs an affordable registered agent service
Pricing Starts at $125
In Business Since 1998
Perfect for: Anyone looking for a trusted/straightforward company with no hidden fees
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Act As My Own Registered Agent?
In certain states, you’re allowed to serve as your own registered agent or elect one from within your company. That doesn’t mean you should. Among other hassles, you’d need to be available during all business hours and likely allow your personal address to become public record.
What Happens if I Don’t Have a Registered Agent?
Operating a business without a registered agent isn’t a good idea. You risk falling out of good standing with your state of formation, losing limited liability status and paying significant financial penalties.
Can I Change Registered Agents?
Sure. Bizee has a $49 service specifically tailored for changing agents. Just make sure to check with your state, because they might have some special forms to fill out, or they might charge a minor change fee.
Should You Use Bizee?
Bizee gets a 4/5 score in our book. Their customer reviews are great, and if you need to form a business, their offer of a full year of registered agent for free with any formation package is impressive. That being said, if this doesn’t sound like your perfect fit, check out our Best Registered Agent Services review. Cheers!