ZenBusiness Registered Agent Review 2023
Is It the Best Registered Agent Service?
Last Updated: By TRUiC Team
Do you need a registered agent service for your business, but don’t know which provider is right for you? We partnered with ZenBusiness to provide our users with a highly affordable registered agent service.
In this review of ZenBusiness’s registered agent service, we’ll take you through some pros and cons, pricing, features, customer feedback, and more. We’ll help you decide whether it’s a good fit for your new business, or if you should explore more options.
Special Offer: ZenBusiness offers LLC business formation packages for only $49 per year (plus state fees), which also include registered agent services and an Operating Agreement in their basic package. Form an LLC with ZenBusiness.
Pros & Cons of ZenBusiness
Pros of ZenBusiness
- If you require registered agent services, you’re in luck with ZenBusiness. They will provide you with a full year of service with LLC formation for only $49 + state fees. After your first year is up, the price is an affordable $199/year; one of the lowest prices out there in the market for similar quality as other registered agent services.
- Through “automation and technology,” they secure all your business documents online for ease of accessibility. Their dashboard is simple, clear, and user-friendly.
- They have great reviews from their users, specifically earning a 9.4 out of 10 rating on Trustpilot. Their customer feedback emphasizes how their service is easy to use, reliable, and efficient.
- They’re a small company, so they understand the struggles that other entrepreneurs face, which translates into personalized service for you. At the same time, they’ve been in the business long enough to know what is necessary and expected from their end as a registered agent service.
Cons of ZenBusiness
- The Worry-Free Guarantee is not included with the regular registered agent service in their Standard package. However, it is available in their Complete plan for an additional $50.
- ZenBusiness's checkout process is not as quick and simple as competitors such as Northwest Registered Agent. Additionally, Northwest offers data privacy protection and more knowledgeable customer support.
ZenBusiness Registered Agent Pricing & Features
Our partnership with ZenBusiness offers three Registered Agent packages: Standard, Complete, and Plus Formation.
You can expect to pay only $119 annually for the Standard package. For an additional $50, the Complete plan includes ZenBusiness’s Worry Free Compliance Guarantee. This feature includes annual filing report alerts, documents submitted on your behalf, two free changes to your filings per year, and it covers the costs required to regain good standing if your company should miss a deadline.
If you require business formation services in addition to registered agent services, the prices will vary depending on your specific needs and state fees. With LLC formation, ZenBusiness's registered agent service is included for the first year.
ZenBusiness Registered Agent Services
If you’re looking for affordable and valuable registered agent services, ZenBusiness is the right choice for you! Hire ZenBusiness as your company's registered agent service ($199/year)
ZenBusiness Registered Agent Customer Reviews
ZenBusiness definitely stands out when it comes to customer service. We found hundreds of positive reviews online; many of the reviews compliment ZenBusiness’s affordability, simple and straightforward process, and highly professional customer support.
Here are a few reviews pulled from Trustpilot:
"Really just a breeze to set up! Answered all the questions I had before I knew I had them! Couldn't have asked for a better company to trust in this process!”
"Very quick at helping and answering questions. Friendly great service I would recommend to everyone I know. Thank you ZenBusiness!”
“Quick and Simple. The website is well-designed and the process was very transparent without being overwhelming.”
ZenBusiness Registered Agent FAQs
Can I act as my own registered agent?
In some states, yes, you can. That doesn’t mean you should. If you do act as your own registered agent, you have to be available from 8am-5pm every weekday, and likely make your private home address a matter of public record.
What happens if I don’t have a registered agent?
There are some pretty serious risks involved. You might lose your good standing in your state of operation, be prohibited from doing business, or even have to pay some significant fines. We really don’t think it’s worth the risk.
Can I change registered agents?
You certainly can, although the process varies depending on your state of operation. Make sure to check and see if your state has any specific forms to fill out, or fees to pay.