- They offer deep discounts to customers who commit to multiple years of registered agent service. You can pay as little as $66 per year, while others frequently charge $150 or more.
- If you do find a lower price, InCorp has a price match feature that goes a step beyond just matching. In their own words: “We’ll beat registered agent service pricing advertised by other professional, commercial registered agents.”
- InCorp has over 250,000 active clients, making them an extremely popular nationwide registered agent service provider.
- While they offer other services (incorporation, EIN, etc.), registered agent service is InCorp’s specialty. For most of the competition, it’s the other way around — they’ll be your registered agent, but their focus is on business formation and compliance.
- Some parts of their website aren’t efficiently laid out. For example, there’s loads of info in their FAQ section, but there’s no index, so you have to Ctrl-F your way to any questions you may have. It can be a bit overwhelming, but a relatively minor gripe nonetheless.
InCorp’s registered agent service starts at $99 for one year, but they offer significant discounts on multi-year service orders, and even their base rate is pretty much industry standard. Check out how it breaks down for 2-5 year orders:
As your registered agent, InCorp will take responsibility for receiving all government notices and litigation documents, and ensuring they reach your hands safely and privately.
One thing we really appreciate is how they inform you of state-specific turnaround times, filing fees and more in an up-front manner. Before you even reach the order form, InCorp gives you this helpful breakdown, which varies by state - which is really helpful:
All of the online InCorp customer reviews that we could find are on BBB.org, most of which are glowing. Their satisfied customers frequently comment on the helpful support reps, and how efficiently InCorp operates as a company.
Customer Reviews Section Last Updated 8-3-17
- BBB: A+ out of 132 reviews
Conclusion: Considering that only 5 of the 132 reviews on BBB.org are of a critical nature, it’s safe to say that the majority of InCorp’s customers are quite pleased with their registered agent service.
I’ve spent many hours researching registered agent service, and in that time I’ve discovered that some simply have more to offer than others. Still, our goal is to determine which provider has the combination of price point and services that your business needs.
InCorp is one of the top registered agent services thanks to their large client base and impressive customer feedback. It’s always smart to know what the competition has to offer though, so let’s see how they stack up against my personal favorite, Northwest Registered Agent.
Pricing: Northwest Registered Agent charges $125 per state for service in 1-3 states, $115 for the 4th-9th states, and $100 per state after that. InCorp structures their pricing by how many years you choose to purchase, from $99 per year down to $66 per year.
Features: Northwest Registered Agent locally scans every document and immediately sends you a notification. They also send you annual report instructions and reminders.
Customer Support: InCorp’s customer service is available from 9am to 9pm ET every weekday, and their customers seem quite pleased with the support they receive. However, Northwest Registered Agent built their reputation on their top-notch support, with knowledgeable professionals who are available to help you with any issues that might crop up.
Experience: Northwest Registered Agent has been in business since 1998, with a personal touch that you don’t get from most competitors. InCorp is a major operation, with 250,000+ active clients nationwide.
Truthfully I think both are great companies who actually paved the way for this industry. They both have a major focus on offering registered agent services and are absolutely worth considering.
HERE'S A QUICK VISUAL
Pricing Starts at $99
In Business Since 1998
Perfect for: Anyone starting a business on a budget and needs worry-free registered agent service
Pricing Starts at $125
In Business Since 1998
Perfect for: Anyone looking for a trusted/straightforward company with no hidden fees
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Act As My Own Registered Agent?
In a select few states you can, but even if you do live in a state that allows it, we typically don’t recommend being your own agent. You’d have to be available during typical business hours every weekday, receive junk mail, and likely need to make your personal address publicly available.
What Happens if I Don’t Have a Registered Agent?
If you fail to designate a registered agent, you risk falling out of good standing with your state of operation. You might be prohibited from doing business, and even risk being hit with substantial financial penalties.
Can I Change Registered Agents?
Yes you can, but the process for doing so varies by state. Some have you fill out specific forms to change agents, and many of them charge a fee.
InCorp gets a score of 4.6/5 in my book and I highly recommend considering them. Considering how many customers they have, it’s impressive that their feedback is so overwhelmingly positive. If you’re ready to get started with InCorp, or if you need more time to review our top 7 registered agent services, use the buttons below.