- They offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on registered agent service. If you’re not completely satisfied for any reason, they’ll give you a full refund of their service fees.
- They serve an incredible volume of customers, with over 7 million business clients. Not many competitors can make that claim.
- Along with your registered agent, if you require legal advice or further online incorporation services, try their monthly subscription. For $39.95/mo you receive legal documents, attorney services and a number of additional perks. While it’s expensive, there’s a lot of value.
- Rocket Lawyer is serious about security. Their website is covered at all times by Norton Web Security which scans for malware and other vulnerabilities, while encrypting data transmissions.
- If pricing is your top priority, Rocket Lawyer might not be for you. While their $149.95 basic rate for registered agent service is reasonable, there are cheaper options like Northwest Registered Agent that is $125/year or lower.
- Customer reviews aren’t their strongest suit. For example, on SiteJabber they have a 2.4 average score out of 5, with more than half of the reviews being on the critical side.
Rocket Lawyer’s registered agent service is available at a flat $149.95 per year. Take a look at what you get in this screenshot from their website.
In addition to receiving and forwarding your important business mail, Rocket Lawyer scans and emails all documents, keeping you a step ahead of the game. They also organize all of your legal notices online, making them easily accessible.
Rocket Lawyer’s customer feedback is a bit of a mixed bag. They do have lots of positive reviews, with clients remarking about the simplicity of their services, as well as the high quality of their customer service.
On the other hand, there are plenty of customers who cite billing issues, mostly revolving around the fact that they didn’t realize that the Rocket Lawyer free trial rolls over into a subscription if you don’t cancel it after 7 days.
Customer Reviews Section Last Updated 8-7-17
- SiteJabber: 2.4/5 out of 325 reviews
- TrustPilot: 7.5/10 out of 76 reviews
- BBB: A+ out of 13 reviews
- Consumer Affairs: 2.8/5 out of 7 reviews
Conclusion: Seeing as most of their critical reviews are based around people not reading the fine print for their legal services trial, I don’t really feel like they apply to Rocket Lawyer’s registered agent service. In other words, I’m not putting too much stock into the critical side of their reviews.
In all the hours I’ve spent researching registered agent services, I’ve discovered that some of them offer better values than others. Still, our goal is to figure out which provider has the best balance of pricing and features for your business.
Rocket Lawyer is a strong choice for registered agent service due to their satisfaction guarantee and their incredible volume of customers. Of course, it’s always smart to pay attention to what the competition’s offering, so let’s take a quick look at my personal favorite, Northwest Registered Agent.
Pricing: With Northwest Registered Agent, the pricing is based on how many states you need service in. For up to 3 states it’s $125 per state per year, for 4-9 states it’s $115, and for 10+ states you pay just $100 annually per state. Rocket Lawyer charges a flat rate of $149.95 per year.
Features: Northwest Registered Agent and Rocket Lawyer offer quite similar services as registered agents. However, Northwest Registered Agent provides you with annual report and compliance reminders free of charge with your registered agent service.
Customer Support: Rocket Lawyer has a good customer service department, with extended phone support hours from 9am to 9pm ET every weekday. On the other hand, Northwest Registered Agent’s reputation is based largely on their next-level support, and their personalized approach is highly popular with their customers.
Experience: While Northwest Registered Agent has been around since 1998, they haven’t served as many customers as Rocket Lawyer’s impressive 7+ million. However, keep in mind that Northwest Registered Agent specializes in this service, whereas for Rocket Lawyer registered agent is just one of the many services they offer. If you want a company focused on registered agent service, it’s likely that you would prefer Northwest Registered Agent.
HERE'S A QUICK VISUAL
Pricing Starts at $125
In Business Since 1998
Perfect for: Anyone looking for a trusted/straightforward company with no hidden fees
Pricing Starts at $149
In Business Since 2008
Perfect for: Anyone looking for experience, confidentiality & excellent business compliance services
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Act As My Own Registered Agent?
In some states you can, but that doesn’t mean you should. If you do serve as your own registered agent, you’ll have to be available from 8am to 5pm every business day and likely allow your home address to become public record.
What Happens if I Don’t Have a Registered Agent?
We don’t advise running a business without a registered agent. You could lose good standing with your state, forfeit your limited liability status or even pay hefty financial penalties. It isn’t worth the risk.
Can I Change Registered Agents?
Of course, but you’ll need to check with your state to see if they require any specific forms or change fees.
I’ll give Rocket Lawyer a score of 4.5/5. I like their satisfaction guarantee and they have an impressive quantity of customers. If you’re ready to get started with Rocket Lawyer, or you want to review our top 7 registered agent providers, simply use the buttons below.