Harbor Compliance Registered Agent Services Review 2023
Is It the Best Registered Agent Service?
Last Updated: By TRUiC Team
Are you forming a new business and require registered agent services, but you’re unsure which of the many providers to turn to? With so many companies like Harbor Compliance providing registered agent service, we dive into these businesses to see which ones are worthy of your hard-earned resources.
In this Harbor Compliance registered agent review, we’ll analyze some pros and cons, pricing, features, customer feedback and much more. By the time we’re done, you’ll have a good idea if they’re the best fit for your company, or if you should take a look at other options.
Recommended Alternative: Northwest Registered Agent
Pros & Cons of Harbor Compliance
Pros of Harbor Compliance
- Their customer reviews are phenomenal, with a 4.8 average score out of 5 on Google, and 100% positive ratings on BBB.org.
- Harbor Compliance is well known for their top-notch service department. Staffed with knowledgeable professionals, they can help you solve any problem that might come your way, unlike many competitors which farm out their support to 3rd-party call centers.
- If you need service in multiple states — or commit to multiple years — you can save big money thanks to their volume discounts. You can keep 10% per year in your pocket!
- Registered agent service from Harbor Compliance includes a number of free compliance guides and whitepapers, which the competition doesn’t provide.
- They’re serious about your security, protecting their website using both Norton and Trustwave scanning and encryption software.
- Harbor Compliance never auto-bills you, or even saves your credit card info. They simply invoice you annually, meaning there’s never a surprising charge to your account.
Cons of Harbor Compliance
- While their registered agent service is available at a competitive rate, some of their other services like incorporation ($499) and foreign qualification ($299) are on the pricier side. We do feel they provide sufficient value for these services, but it’s still worth noting if you’re a one-stop shopping type.
Pricing & Features
With registered agent service from Harbor Compliance, you pay a base rate of $99 per year, unless you’re interested in their volume discounts. Take a look in this screenshot below from their site:
Their registered agent service includes immediate access to their address; the moment you place your order, they’ll provide their address and let you get started. In addition to receiving and forwarding your mail, they also send you email notifications and upload your documents to their secure online database.
Harbor Compliance also provides you with annual report notifications, sending you reminders before this and other important dates on your compliance calendar. Throw in the free document scanning and same-day electronic document delivery, and they’re the full package for resident agent service.
Harbor Compliance holds an A+ score with the BBB, and all 29 reviews on BBB.org are positive. In addition, they have 24 reviews on Google, with an average score of 4.8 out of 5. Clearly, their customers appreciate the services they receive, and they particularly rave about the customer support system at Harbor Compliance. Here’s a couple of great examples:
In fact, we could find just one critical customer review anywhere online. It was written by this customer who apparently did not understand what registered agent service is, and thought it included incorporation:
In short, their customer reviews are overwhelmingly positive. As long as you understand the difference between registered agent and LLC formation, we’re confident that you’ll have a great experience working with Harbor Compliance.
How Harbor Compliance Registered Agent Compares
With their first-rate customer support and volume discounts, Harbor Compliance is a great choice to provide your company with registered agent service. Of course, there are many other options; let’s examine Northwest to see if it's a better fit for you.
Northwest Registered Agent
- If you also need to form an LLC, make sure to give them a look. They include a full year of registered agent for free with their LLC formation plan.
- Like Harbor Compliance, Northwest has positive customer reviews. Additionally, Northwest's experienced business experts, called Corporate Guides®, offer expert support throughout your business journey.
Overall, Harbor Compliance is still a great choice, but Northwest's knowledgable customer support and premium features makes it a strong contender to serve as your registered agent.
Pricing Starts at $125
In Business Since 1998
Perfect for: Anyone starting a business on a budget who needs a registered agent provider they can trust
Frequently Asked Questions
What Happens if I Don’t Have a Registered Agent?
We normally don’t recommend operating a company with no registered agent. You run the risk of falling out of good standing with your state, losing limited liability status, and even paying significant financial penalties. It’s not worth the risk.
Can I Act as My Own Agent?
In some select states you legally can, but that doesn’t mean you should. If you do choose to be your own registered agent, you’ll have to be available during all standard business hours, and also allow your personal address to become a matter of public record.
Can I Change Registered Agents?
You certainly can, but you should check with your state to make sure you comply with any required forms or change fees.
Should You Use Harbor Compliance?
Harbor Compliance is definitely one of the top registered agent services. Their support is outstanding, and their volume discounts can save you quite a bit of money. That being said, if this doesn’t sound like your perfect fit, check out our Best Registered Agent Services review. Cheers!