Best Design Tools for Startups
What Types of Design Tools Do Startups Need?
The best design tool for your startup will depend on what type of designs you need to create for the marketing plans you have in place. Most design tools specialize in different areas like vector illustrations, web design, or user interface (UI) design.
Here are the best design tools to boost your marketing as a startup.
1. Envato (Creative Assets)
Envato is one of the best design tools startup entrepreneurs can get their hands on. It's more than a place to create designs — it provides most of the design for you. Once you pay the subscription fee, you're given access to tons of digital assets that can shortcut getting your marketing started. This is an excellent way to get high-quality visuals without having to hire a designer.
- Access to over 2 million digital assets
- Unlimited digital downloads
- Includes website templates, audio, video, and images
- Commercial license for all downloads
- Access to a large library of digital assets
- Finding a premium graphic can be challenging
- Startups looking for an all-in-one design tool
Get started with Envato today!
2. GoDaddy (Website)
GoDaddy has been around since 1997 and is one of the most popular website hosting providers in the world. They offer a wide range of services for businesses, including domain names and website builders. While their website builder isn't as sophisticated as some of the others on this list, it's still a great option for startups that want to create a professional website quickly and easily.
- Can host website domain and build your website
- A large number of options for web hosting
- Plenty of support (being the largest domain name registrar)
- Website templates provided
- Live chat not available 24/7
- Startups needing a quick website build
Get started with GoDaddy today!
3. Tailor Brands (Logo)
One of the biggest mistakes startup companies make is spending too much time on their logo. A logo is important, but it's not worth delaying your launch to get it perfect. That's where Tailor Brands comes in. This AI-powered design tool can create a logo for your startup in minutes based on your information, and you'll have several options to choose from.
- You get access to logos, email signatures, business cards, and more
- AI-machine learning tool creates designs for you
- Very easy to use interface
- Some logos can be designed for free
- Limited customization options
- Startups who need a branding foundation like logos or business cards
Get started with Tailor Brands today!
Did you know Tailor Brands also offers business formation services? Check out our LLC review!
4. Canva (Graphic Design)
Canva has become one of the biggest startup design tools in recent years. It's beloved by entrepreneurs and small businesses for its simple yet powerful design interface. With a library of built-in templates and easy drag-and-drop tools, anyone can create stunning visuals without any design experience for a variety of digital assets.
- Comprehensive design customization options
- Access to thousands of digital design templates
- Anyone can use the platform and learn it within minutes
- Includes other products like a content planner and brand kit
- Stock images can be generic and unimpressive
- Startups who want more design customizations with an easy-to-use interface
5. Pexels (Stock Images)
When your startup is starting to utilize different marketing channels, it can be time-consuming to create all the digital assets yourself. Pexels offers a wide range of high-quality stock photos that can be used for your website, social media, and marketing materials. With over 30,000 free stock photos available, you're sure to find the perfect image for your needs.
- Filtering options available to fine-tune your search
- Free API available
- Very straightforward and easy to use
- Access to thousands of photos for free with no attribution required
- Selection of unique photos is limited
- Startups who need free access to thousands of photos
6. Creative Market (Unique Designs)
Most of the design tools available for startups include generic templates and images that anyone who uses the tool has access to. With Creative Market, you can find unique and creative designs from actual designers that will help your startup stand out from the crowd. You choose from the selection which design piques your interest and pay for the license to use in your business.
- Designs are created from scratch by actual designers
- Six digital assets are put up for free every week
- Access to hundreds of unique designs for low prices
- Can serve as a source of inspiration even if you don't buy anything
- Prices for different digital assets vary greatly
- Startups looking for unique designs no other company will have
7. Visme (Presentations)
Whether pitching to investors or presenting a product to customers, all startups know how important a powerful presentation can be. Visme is a presentation design tool that gives you access to customizable templates, charts, and graphs to make your presentations pop. It's a perfect way to turn data into a powerful storytelling tool that creates more opportunities for your business.
- Easy-to-use drag and drop editor
- Pre-made templates available for easy design
- Very friendly user-interface
- Visme is versatile, so you can create several types of designs
- The price is higher than other presentation platforms
- Startups who need strong slide-deck presentations