1. Rocket Lawyer - Free during 7-day trial
Filling out your operating agreement template with Rocket Lawyer is easy. Just answer their step-by-step questions about your LLC’s purpose, organizational structure, etc., and they’ll create the document you need to maintain limited liability status.
The way it works is that you start a 7-day free trial, getting access to their free LLC operating agreement, attorney advice, and much more.
After the free trial, if you want to continue using the software & attorney review features, it's just $39.95 per month. Overall, the quality of Rocket Lawyer’s operating agreement template and the fact that you can get it reviewed by an attorney makes them our top choice.
2. FindLegalForms.com - $19.95
If you would rather make a one-time purchase, as opposed to getting your operating agreement through a subscription trial, FindLegalForms makes the single form available for $19.95. They also have a document library subscription starting at $2.50/month, or you can get an operating agreement template bundled with 8 popular LLC forms for $39.95.
FindLegalForms prides themselves on how widely compatible their documents are. Available in a variety of file types, their forms are also compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems. We like the number of options provided by FindLegalForms, making them a great choice to make your LLC operating agreement.
3. LawDepot - Free during 7-day trial
With LawDepot, you can have your LLC operating agreement finished within 10 minutes or less, according to their website. Similar to Rocket Lawyer, you can do this for free during your one-week subscription trial, which costs $33/month or $95/year after that.
If customer reviews are important to you, LawDepot might be your top option, because they average an 8.9 score out of 10 on TrustPilot. With their great customer feedback and speedy service, LawDepot is certainly worth a look.
Pros & Cons of Online Templates
Pros of Online Templates
- Because of how common LLC operating agreements are, you can rest assured the templates are up to date and maintained by certified legal professionals.
- The templates take care of most of the basic legalese, but keep in mind that these services mostly just organize the info you give them. If you’re careful about accurately inputting your data, you should be fine.
- Any of these providers can save you significant amounts of time and money. They all cost less than hiring an attorney, and their step-by-step instructions can have your LLC operating agreement ready in a matter of minutes.
Cons of Online Templates
- Ultimately it’s your responsibility to customize and personalize these templates if you don’t have a legal professional to do it for you. In other words, these services can’t fact-check the info you give them (unless you pay for, or opt into document review services offered by Rocket Lawyer).
Which Template Should You Choose?
It’s hard to make a blanket recommendation, because you may have different priorities than we do. All three of these providers offer quality service at fair rates.
Overall, we do still prefer Rocket Lawyer because you can get a high-quality LLC operating agreement for free using their trial period and have an accredited attorney review it when you're done. An attorney's guidance can be a huge asset, especially if you're just starting a business and are unsure about anything.