As the U.S. remote workforce has grown steadily larger, there has been an increasing demand for sustainable remote workspaces. While plenty of folks still opt for working from home or the neighborhood coffee shop, there are many reasons why these spaces may not provide a healthy, productive work environment.
Coworking organizations like WeWork have filled the need for dedicated remote workspaces by creating beautiful offices across the country (and around the globe). These spaces, which are currently being leveraged by companies like Facebook and Microsoft, also create opportunities for remote workers to network and foster community with other like-minded individuals.
In this guide, we’ll go over the top 6 coworking spaces in San Diego, including each organization’s pricing model, coworking locations, and more.
Starts at $350/mo.
WeWork is at the forefront of the global coworking scene. Their competitive prices, beautiful office spaces, and generous amenities make them our top choice for coworking in San Diego.
At both San Diego locations, you’ll find plenty of amenities, including bike storage, micro-roasted coffee, craft beer, private phone booths, office supplies, 24/7 building access, and high-speed WiFi.
- Aventine: 8910 University Center Lane Suite 400 San Diego, CA 92122
- B Street: 600 B St Suite 300 San Diego, CA 92101
- Hot desk (access to any open seat in common area): $350-$360/mo
- Dedicated desk: $450-$500/mo
- Private office: $630-$730/mo
#1. Union Cowork
Starts at $300/mo.
Union Cowork has 5 locations throughout California, including 3 in San Diego. Creating beautiful work environments is very important to Union -- all of their office locations include landscaped outdoor workspaces.
Other amenities include bike storage, on-site showers, 24/7 building access, a beverage bar with coffee, tea, draft beer, and kombucha, high-speed internet, and conference rooms.
- North Park 30th: 3919 30th St San Diego, CA 92104
- North Park University: 3060 University Ave San Diego, CA 92104
- East Village: 704 J St San Diego, CA 92101
- Flex desk: starting at $300/mo
- Semi-private: starting at $600/mo
- Private office: starting at $1000/mo
Starts at $325/mo.
Co-mmunity is all about collaboration. In addition to providing comfortable, elegant workspaces, they host regular networking events at both of their San Diego locations.
A Co-mmunity membership will also get you 24/7 access to a podcast room, phone booths, cold brew coffee, on-tap beer, high-speed internet, printing services, and 24/7 building usage.
- Hillcrest: 1228 University Ave Suite 200 San Diego, CA 92103
- La Jolla: 7580 Fay Ave Suite 204 San Diego, CA 92037
- Shared desk: $325-$350/mo
- Dedicated desk: $425/mo
- Semi-private office: $500-$550/mo
#1. Downtown Works
Starts at $55/mo.
Downtown Works has just a single office location, but it’s centrally-located and offers plenty of plans to fit a variety of workstyles.
Amenities include high-speed internet, a soundproof podcast room, local craft beer, an on-site notary public, premium coffee and tea, and an on-site mini market.
- 500 West B St 4th Floor San Diego, CA 92101
- Works basic (1 day/mo): $55/mo
- Works+ (10 days/mo): $175/mo
- Open desk (24/7 access): $295/mo
#1. NEST CoWork
Starts at $140/mo.
NEST has some unique features, like a full-service coffee shop and the opportunity to volunteer in exchange for access to the workspace.
Other amenities include free printing, unlimited conference room usage, two full shower locker rooms, four kitchens, and high-speed internet.
- 188 First Ave Suite 103 San Diego, CA 92101
- Monthly membership (10 days/mo floating desk): $140/mo
- Floating desk: $250/mo
- Reserved desk: $350/mo
- Private office: $450/mo
Starts at $112/mo.
Spaces has dozens of locations across the globe, including one in San Diego. Membership includes access to all Spaces locations, anywhere in the world.
Amenities in San Diego include individual locker storage, high-speed WiFi, phone booths, barista-made coffee, and access to networking events.
- 4660 La Jolla Village Drive Suite 100 & Suite 200 San Diego, CA 92122
- Coworking membership: starting at $112/mo
- Dedicated Desk: starting at $462/mo
- Office: starting at $749/mo
Which Coworking Service Should I Use?
Whether you work in graphic design, software development, or any other field that calls for a remote workspace, we trust that WeWork will have an office in San Diego that suits your needs.
That said, if you’re looking for the least expensive coworking space possible, or perhaps an office in a specific part of town, there are many other worthwhile options on this list. We encourage you to compare prices, locations, amenities and other important factors before deciding which coworking space is right for you.