As the U.S. remote workforce has grown steadily larger, there has been an increasing demand for sustainable remote workspaces. While plenty of folks still opt for working from home or the neighborhood coffee shop, there are many reasons why these spaces may not provide a healthy, productive work environment.
Coworking organizations like WeWork have filled the need for dedicated remote workspaces by creating beautiful offices across the country (and around the globe). These spaces, which are currently being leveraged by companies like Facebook and Microsoft, also create opportunities for remote workers to network and foster community with other like-minded individuals.
In this guide, we’ll go over the top 7 coworking spaces in Chicago, including each organization’s pricing model, coworking locations, and more.
1. WeWork Starts at $350/mo.
WeWork is perhaps the fastest-growing coworking network in existence today. Their competitive prices, beautiful office spaces, and generous amenities make them our top choice for coworking in Chicago.
WeWork advertises fast internet, daily cleaning, IT support, 24/7 building access, office supplies, craft beer on draft, bike storage, business-class printers, micro-roasted coffee, private phone booths, and mail and package handling at all of their Chicago locations.
- State Street: 1 W Monroe St Chicago, IL 60603
- National Building: 125 S Clark St Chicago, IL 60603
- Grant Park: 332 S Michigan Ave Chicago, IL 60604
- Kinzie: 20 West Kinzie St Chicago, IL 60654
- River North: 111 W Illinois St Chicago, IL 60654
- Fulton Market: 220 N Green St Chicago, IL 60607
- 330 North Wabash: 330 N Wabash 23rd Floor Chicago, IL 60654
- 515 N State: 515 N State St 14th Floor Chicago, IL 60654
WeWork’s pricing is divided into three categories: hot desks, dedicated desks and private offices. Below is the price range for each (depending on location). Note that not all categories are available in each location:
- Hot desk (access to any open seat in common area): $350-$450/mo
- Dedicated desk: $450-$530/mo
- Private office: $690-$800/mo
2. Industrious Starts at $315/mo.
Industrious is another large coworking organization with offices in dozens of cities across the nation. Like WeWork, they have a variety of beautiful, comfortable coworking spaces in Chicago.
Industrious offers fast internet, unlimited free printing, conference rooms, local treats, relaxation rooms, and access to a coffee bar and lounge at all of their Chicago offices.
- Wicker Park: 1720 W Division St Chicago, IL 60622
- West Loop: 600 W Jackson Blvd Chicago, IL 60661
- Gold Coast: 1165 N Clark St Chicago, IL 60610
- River North: 320 W Ohio St Suite 3W Chicago, IL 60654
- Fulton Market: 171 N Aberdeen St Suite 400 Chicago, IL 60607
- Evanston: 909 Davis St Suite 500 Evanston, IL 60201
Industrious does not include exact prices on their website, but they do list their starting rates for each of their locations. Below are the ranges of starting rates for coworking and private offices across all of Industrious’ Chicago locations:
- Coworking: starting at $315-$419/mo per person
- Private office: starting at $585-$900/mo per person
3. Novel Coworking Starts at $99/mo.
Novel Coworking has several locations in some of Chicago’s most sought-after areas, and it offers a number of coworking options at competitive prices.
Novel offers conference space, event areas, direct fiber internet, an espresso bar, and mail services. Private office membership includes company logos displayed at reception and on office doors.
- West Loop: 318 W Adams St Chicago, IL 60606
- River North: 420 W Huron St Chicago, IL 60654
- The Loop: 73 W Monroe St Chicago, IL 60603
- Wacker: 211 W Wacker Dr Chicago, IL 60606
- Coworking: $99/mo
- Dedicated desk: $199/mo
- Shared office: $299/mo
- Private office (1-2 person): $399-$679/mo
- Office suite (11+ people): $229-$349/mo per person
4. Ampersand Starts at $195/mo.
Ampersand has one location in Logan Square, just a short walk from bus lines and the Logan Square CTA station. Its airy, loft-style space includes a 2,000 square foot rooftop deck and a variety of seating options.
Ampersand advertises high-speed internet, printing and mail services, conference facilities, and a rotating art exhibition helps keep the atmosphere fresh year-round.
- 3317 W Fullerton Ave Chicago, IL 60647
- Shared desk: $195/mo
- Private desk: $395/mo
- Private office: pricing varies
5. Platform Starts at $65/mo.
Platform has three locations, with one dedicated to private offices and the other two offering a variety of coworking options, all with 24/7 secured access available.
Each of Platform’s locations offers wired and wireless internet, conference rooms, and free coffee, with their Ravenswood and Wicker Park buildings also featuring outdoor patio space.
- Ravenswood: 4422 N Ravenswood Ave Chicago, IL 60640
- Wicker Park: 1212 N Ashland Ave Chicago, IL 60622
- Platform Suites: 1286 N Milwaukee Ave Chicago, IL 60622
- Virtual office: $65/mo
- Flex desk: $20-$22/day, $225/mo
- Resident desk: $375-$390/mo
6. MakeOffices Starts at $75/mo.
MakeOffices, which also operates in Washington D.C. and Philadelphia, has three locations in Chicago. They advertise features such as semi-frosted glass doors and soundproof walls.
Membership also includes unlimited coffee and beer, printing services, conference rooms, and 24/7 access to the offices.
- Loop: 1 North State St #1500 Chicago, IL 60602
- Magnificent Mile: 541 N Fairbanks Ct Suite 2200 Chicago, IL 60611
- River North: 350 N Orleans St Suite #9000N Chicago, IL 60654
- Day pass: starting at $35
- Virtual office: starting at $75/mo
- Open desk: starting at $300/mo
- Private office: starting at $500/mo
7. DeskLabs Starts at $80/mo.
A former art gallery, DeskLabs’ single location boasts a variety of unique workspaces, including a 3600 square foot deck and a large garage door that can be opened during pleasant weather.
DeskLabs offers a variety of traditional office amenities, including mail services, conference room access, and printing. Members also receive discounted event space rates.
- 3033 N Clark St Chicago, IL 60657
- Virtual office: $80/mo
- Community membership: $350/mo
- Dedicated desk: $450/mo
- Private office: starting at $850/mo
Which Coworking Service Should I Use?
Whether you work in graphic design, software development, or any other field that calls for a remote workspace, we trust that WeWork will have an office in Chicago that suits your needs.
That said, if you’re looking for the least expensive coworking space possible, or perhaps an office in a specific part of town, there are many other worthwhile options on this list. We encourage you to compare prices, locations, amenities and other important factors before deciding which coworking space is right for you.