As the U.S. remote workforce has grown steadily larger, there has been an increasing demand for sustainable remote workspaces. While plenty of folks still opt for working from home or the neighborhood coffee shop, there are many reasons why these spaces may not provide a healthy, productive work environment.
Coworking organizations like WeWork have filled the need for dedicated remote workspaces by creating beautiful offices across the country (and around the globe). These spaces, which are currently being leveraged by companies like Facebook and Microsoft, also create opportunities for remote workers to network and foster community with other like-minded individuals.
In this guide, we’ll go over the top 4 coworking spaces in Boston, including each organization’s pricing model, coworking locations, and more.
Starts at $350/mo.
A self-described "Platform for Creators," WeWork is among the most popular and well-received companies offering coworking services in Boston. With nine office locations, WeWork has the town covered.
WeWork offers high-speed internet, 24/7 building access, gourmet coffee, craft beer on draft, secure bike storage, business-class printers, mail & package handling and many other amenities at all of their Boston locations.
- One Beacon Street: 1 Beacon St Boston, MA 02108
- St. James: 31 St. James Ave Boston, MA 02116
- 200 Portland: 200 Portland St Boston, MA 02114
- South Station: 745 Atlantic Ave Boston, MA 02111
- Fort Point: 51 Melcher St Boston, MA 02210
- 501 Boylston Street: 501 Boylston St Boston, MA 02116
- 40 Water Street: 40 Water St Boston, MA 02109
- One Seaport: 60 Seaport Blvd Boston, MA 02210
- 33 Arch Street: 33 Arch St Boston, MA 02110
- Hot desk (access to any open seat in common area): $350-$500/mo
- Dedicated desk: $450-$550/mo
- Private office: $720-$1,990/mo
Starts at $99/mo.
With an emphasis on flexibility, Workbar utilizes a membership format that allows you to work at either of their Boston locations without signing any contracts or making any long-term plans.
If you choose Workbar as your workspace, you can expect amenities like high-speed WiFi, snacks, private meeting rooms, mail services and around the clock access.
- Back Bay: 399 Boylston St Boston, MA 02116
- South Station: 711 Atlantic Ave Boston, MA 02111
- Coworking: $99-$399/mo (depending on frequency of use)
- Dedicated desk: $399-$599/mo
- Private office: starting at $500/mo
#1. Impact Hub
Starts at $375/mo.
Impact Hub is a coworking operation with a focus on driving sustainable change on a global scale. Their Boston office is staffed Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5:30 pm, making it a good option for people who follow conventional business hours.
In addition to the usual amenities (WiFi, office machinery, refreshments, access to group areas and meeting rooms) Impact Hub also offers each of their customers a Global Passport, which allows for various levels of access to Impact Hub locations around the world.
- 50 Milk St 15th Floor Boston, MA 02109
- Hot desk: $375/mo
#1. Idea Space
Starts at $45/mo.
Idea Space is a boutique office space in Boston’s Back Bay. With a variety of flexible, custom-tailored membership options, Idea Space is able to cater to a wide array of needs.
Among their amenities are reception services, a fully-stocked kitchen, referral discounts, and the usual suite of WiFi, refreshments and office equipment.
- 867 Boylston St 5th Floor Boston, MA 02116
- Mail-only virtual office: $45 set-up fee, monthly fee varies
- Coworking, dedicated desks, and private offices: pricing varies
Which Coworking Service Should I Use?
Whether you work in graphic design, software development, or any other field that calls for a remote workspace, we trust that WeWork will have an office in Boston that suits your needs.
That said, if you’re looking for the least expensive coworking space possible, or perhaps an office in a specific part of town, there are many other worthwhile options on this list. We encourage you to compare prices, locations, amenities and other important factors before deciding which coworking space is right for you.