1. LivePlan - $11.66 to $19.95/month
Unlike Strategyzer, most of the similar companies in the industry function as business plan creators, less than they are business coaching and modeling services. That being said, some of the features that companies like LivePlan are comparable. Some of our personal favorites include:
- Sales Forecasting: One of the most crucial components of business planning and modeling is having accurate and up to date forecasts. LivePlan offers a number of different ways to predict your sales and revenue for the future so you can feel confident in your business plan.
- Pitch Builder: When you're ready to start pitching to investors, LivePlan can help you perfect the pitch. This way, when the time comes you're more than prepared to wow investors.
- Import from QuickBooks & Xero: To help with financial planning, LivePlan lets you connect your account to Xero or QuickBooks. From there on out, you’re information will automatically sync between accounts, so there’s no need to manually enter your data.
LivePlan offers their business plan software for a monthly subscription of $19.95, but there’s a number of discounts available to you. If you choose to pay annually, you can save up to 40%. Or if you’d like to choose a monthly subscription, you’ll get 25% off with the link below.
2. Business Plan Pro - $99.95 to $159.95
Up next on our countdown is a platform that has been helping businesses for decades. As the older brother to LivePlan, Business Plan Pro offers some of the same features that LivePlan offers for a flat fee instead of a monthly, subscription-based service.
- Educational Material: Palo Alto software, the parent company behind these two, was founded by Tim Perry, who previously worked as a business coaching consultant for over 20 years. From this experience he created Business Plan Pro & LivePlan with the intent to continue this commitment to business education.
- Examples: For each section of your business plan, Business Plan Pro provides examples of good formatting, language and structure so you’re starting off right the right foot.
- Error Checking: And, when you think you’ve got everything in place, the software proofs your existing business plan for any of the common errors that other entrepreneurs have had during their business plan creation.
As I mentioned Business Plan Pro is a desktop based software, which allows you to pay one flat fee to access the full platform. Their standard package starts at $99.95 and their premium package is $159.95. While that may seem like a comparable difference, instead of paying a fee every month, once the flat fee is covered, you’ll never have additional fees to worry about.
3. iPlanner.net - Pricing Varies
Finishing of our countdown with number three, we’ve got iPlanner.net. iPlanner offers a business plan creation service with the goal to help you manage risks, understand your finances and prepare for your businesses future. To do so, they’ve created a number of useful tools, such as:
- Business Planning + Business Framework: net combines a business planning service with business framework help, so you’re getting the best of both worlds. While this isn’t quite as extensive as Strategyzer’s business modeling, is definitely a step in the right direction.
- How-To Guides: One of our favorite features that iPlanner has available are their how-to guides. They cover topics ranging from strategic planning help to case studies of successful companies so you have all the information at your disposal. All for free.
- Easy Templates: When you’re ready to start formatting and completing your own business plan, iPlanner.net has templates available to make composition easy.
iPlanner.net offers parts of their services for free, but if you’re looking for a more robust version of their software, they offer upgrades depending on the number of plans you’d like to have. Their subscription fees start at $49 a year for one plan and can go all the way up to 200 plans for $4,900.
Ready to Get Going?
While Strategyzer offers a more all-encompassing approach to business planning and modeling, you can definitely find some impressive features in it’s alternatives. We especially recommend LivePlan for their modern, intuitive platform. If you’d like to learn more about LivePlan, click the link below to be taken directly to their website. Cheers!