Well howdy there, and welcome to Startup Savant’s QuickBooks Online Review where we breeze through their most popular features, their package options, pricing, and more.
The goal here is of course to help you figure out whether they’re the best accounting software not just for your company, but for you (or your team member who’s in charge of managing financials). Let’s jump right in.
Popular QuickBooks Online Features
- Has a bank reconciliation tool so you can download, categorize and sync your bank/credit transactions.
- Easy monitoring of business expenses through QuickBooks tracking tool.
- Create and customize your invoices then send them in one click.
- Check on the status of your finances anytime – profit and loss, balance sheets, reports, etc.
- You can add up to 5 users and manage permissions. Give the right amount of access to the right people.
- Connect multiple apps with your QuickBooks Online account and sync, link and import data.
- QuickBooks has a user-friendly interface so navigating and finding information you need is fairly easy.
- Has a mobile app which you can download on your iPhone, iPad and Android phones and tablets. You don’t have to pay separately for this because it’s included in your QuickBooks Online subscription.
- Along with your QuickBooks subscription, you’ll be able to upgrade your selected version for free, secure and backup data and gain access to customer support at no additional cost.
A Handful of Considerations
- No internet connection = No QuickBooks Online. Some users report the software has occasional downtime and server maintenance, which may affect your work.
- If you want the downloadable version of QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online is not for you.
- QuickBooks’ mobile app doesn’t have all the features of the QuickBooks Online web version.
- QuickBooks doesn’t have late payment reminders like FreshBooks.
- The software is only limited to one kind of invoice unlike FreshBooks, which allows you to customize and create different types of invoices.
- It has no ability to forecast your sales and expenses.
A Look Inside QuickBooks Online
Here’s three good screenies to give you an idea of how it feels and behaves. Aesthetics mean a ton when we’re talking financials because your ability to comprehend and USE this data is essentially.
QuickBooks Online Pricing & Features
QuickBooks has three plans: the Simple Start, the Essentials and the Plus. The most affordable plan is obviously the Simple Start priced at a mere $10/mo. Not too shabby! don’t you love modern-tech?
The Essentials and Plus are great to sort of evolve into, unless you’re in need of those features right away which is possible relative to the size and complexity of your platform.
QuickBooks Online Is for You If…
- You want to consistently monitor your business in a savvier way.
- You want an application that will efficiently record, organize and report your financial information based on approved accounting rules and regulations because there’s no room for error.
- You travel often and want to bring work along so you can pick away at it.
- You’re currently using complicated software and want an accounting tool that’s easier to use.
Right? See, this is why accounting software is such a mind-blower when entrepreneurs first discover it or first update from older versions/types. Things have come A LONG WAY in just the last four or five years. Anyhow, assuming you’re not quite sold yet, let’s talk a smidgen about who we consider to be the ideal alternative.
The Final Verdict?
Our #1 favorite, and the software SS uses is Xero. After a couple years of winging it, integrating the software into the financial aspects of our startup was incredible.
It freed up tons of time, gave us great insight into operational costs and more. Is it "better" than QuickBooks Online? Yes and No. But, that's for another article. Check out our Xero Review Try Xero Or Try QuickBooks