1. Legalzoom - $99 to $119
LegalZoom has two price points to file your DBA for you, and the upper-tier Premium package has some intriguing additions that you don’t often see with DBA filing. Beyond that, they’re one of the most popular names in the industry, so there’s a level of comfort many unsure entrepreneurs appreciate.
- 3 Months of QuickBooks Online
- 30-Day Trial of Business Advisory Plan
- Attorney Consultations, Document Reviews & Annual Business Evaluations
With over 3 million customers served in the last 18 years, LegalZoom has the experience to ensure your DBA filing is smooth and compliant. However, remember that because of their size and volume, not everyone who’s reviewed the company had an amazing customer service experience.
2. Corpnet - $108 to $278
CorpNet has two packages to file a DBA. Depending on your preferences, you can go with their Basic package, or their Success Package which includes the following features:
- Overnight Shipping Options
- Federal EIN Tax ID Number
- Business License Compliance Package
Ordering these services a la carte would set you back $197, so there’s a decent savings over ordering these features separately. What really sets them apart though is their personalized service, smaller feel, and the fact it’s a husband/wife business with a great team evidenced by their customer reviews.
3. Swyft Filings - $99
The next spot goes to Swyft Filings, first and foremost, thanks to their impressive customer feedback. With a 4.6 average score out of 5 on ShopperApproved after over 7,000 reviews, it’s tough to beat their reliability and variety of great features that include:
- Setup In as Little as 10 Minutes
- Turnaround Times of 1-2 Weeks
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Swyft Filings is known for their speed and easily-accessible service department, making them ideal DBA filing services for beginners as well as busy entrepreneurs looking for convenience.
4. MyCorporation - $99
With over a million businesses served in 20+ years, MyCorporation is another strong option for DBA filing. They provide all the typical features of a DBA, with some add-ons as well:
- Expedited Service Available ($100 Extra)
- Employer ID Numbers Available ($69 Extra)
- Great Learning Center to Help Start & Manage Business
MyCorporation sports a fantastic 9.0 average score out of 10 on TrustPilot after close to 200 reviews, so you know their customers are pleased with their services. In fact, they’re an industry leader when it comes to personalized support.
5. MyCompanyWorks - $99
With a 90-day money-back guarantee and straightforward pricing model, MyCompanyWorks is another popular DBA filing service. They have a number of affordable add-ons to their core DBA package:
- Federal EIN Tax ID Number ($45 Extra)
- Registered Agent ($99/Year)
- 4 Shipping Options, from Free to $89
MyCompanyWorks is dedicated to providing top-rate services at low prices, and they certainly deserve consideration as a DBA filing service.
6. Bizfilings - $99 (+ $25 Name Check Fee)
While BizFilings is always a good choice for DBA filing, they charge extra for a name check, which none of the other companies in this guide do. Still, with over 20 years in business and a ton of other solutions and services, they’re definitely worth consideration.
- Low-cost Expedited Orders ($60 Extra)
- Extensive Free Online DBA Help Center
- Incorporation Services Start at $99 with 6 months of Registered Agent
Their customer service representatives average 4 years of experience, so you can always count on BizFilings to provide good support for obtaining a DBA and onward. Again, most of these providers are setup to help with so much more after initial filing and incorporation.
- If you simply have no idea what any of this means and don’t have a business attorney on your side, these providers can be a huge help. Each one makes the process as quick and painless as possible.
- If you have a stellar experience filing a DBA through one of these providers, you can then leverage all the other services these companies offer to help operate your company.
- The money-back guarantees that some of the providers offer help the process feel less stressful when you don’t understand all of the legalities involved.
- Some of these providers are huge corporations, so your personal experience may vary depending on which employee files your paperwork, or which department you’re contacting.
- None of these companies are law firms, so in most cases they cannot give you any real legal advice. Some, like Rocket Lawyer, can connect you with legal professionals for less though, but it’s not the same thing as having a dedicated attorney.
Which Should You Choose?
It’s tough to make a concrete recommendation, seeing as different businesses have varying requirements when it comes to filing a DBA. All these companies are capable of providing DBA filing services quickly and accurately.
Generally speaking, we prefer LegalZoom as the top DBA filing service. Their fast turnaround times and satisfaction guarantee make them stand out from the crowd.