Is It The Ideal Service For You?
Last Updated: By TRUiC Team
Do you want to form an LLC and are thinking about using an online formation service?
Maybe you don’t feel like dealing with the red tape and legalese of the DIY option, or you’re fed up with the needlessly confusing nature of official state resource sites. I’ve been there myself!
To complement your own research, my team and I spent hundreds of hours learning the details of every popular online LLC formation service. Instead of trying to talk you into using one service or the other, I’ll give you the information you need to make the best decision for your company.
In this Form-A-Corp LLC review, I’ll go over some pros and cons, pricing and features, customer reviews and more. Let’s find out if they’re the right fit for your business!
Pros & Cons of Form-A-Corp
Pros of Form-A-Corp
- They have a price matching feature that says they’ll match any competitor’s price on the same service, and take an additional 5% off.
- Most companies that offer LLC formation services also provide a ton of other legal services. Form-A-Corp does have some other business services, but LLC formation is their specialty instead of being just another service they offer.
- Form-A-Corp guarantees that any service they provide is compliant with the requirements of your state of formation.
Cons of Form-A-Corp
- Starting at $99, their prices aren’t crazy expensive, but they also aren’t the cheapest. Some competitors (like IncFile) have rates as low as $49.
- They only include registered agent service in their Complete package. There are some providers that include registered agent in all packages.
Form-A-Corp LLC Pricing & Features
Form-A-Corp has 3 options for LLC formation service, starting at $99 and going up to $364: Economy, Standard and Complete.
Economy = $99 + State Fee
What It Includes: This package includes the formation essentials, like the preparation and filing of your Articles of Organization, and shipping your completed documents to you.
Who It’s Right For: Entrepreneurs who only require the no-frills basics of LLC formation will do just fine with the Economy package.
Standard = $244 + State Fee
What It Includes: Everything from the Economy package, plus the preparation and obtainment of a federal tax ID number (EIN) which enables you to hire employees and open business bank accounts. In addition, you also receive expedited filing.
Who It’s Right For: The Standard level is hard to recommend across the board because it’s a better deal in some states than others. Based on how much your specific state charges for expedited filing, you might not save any money. Most businesses do need an EIN, but you can add it on later if you’d rather.
Complete = $364 + State Fee
What It Includes: Everything from the Standard package, along with a year of registered agent service to receive and forward your important documents, an LLC kit and seal for organizing company forms, and some sample documents on a disk.
Who It’s Right For: Customers who are already planning on ordering registered agent service from Form-A-Corp might as well see what value they can get out of the kit/seal and sample docs.
- International Filing ($149) - For non-US based entrepreneurs, this enables you to form a compliant LLC in any state.
- S-Corp Filing ($35) - Some business types pass their corporate finances through to their shareholders, and an S-corp filing allows you to file your taxes in this manner, if applicable.
- Federal Tax ID Number or EIN Acquisition ($70) - Allows you to hire employees, file business taxes or open a bank account for your company.
- LLC Kit and Seal ($75) - A custom-printed binder to organize your documents, custom membership certificates and a seal that impresses your company name.
- Instructional DVD for LLC Kit ($24) - Guides you through maintaining your LLC kit.
- Doing Business As or DBA Name ($275) - Allows you to officially refer to your company by a name other than your standard business name.
- Expedited Filing Service (varies by state) - State expediting fee speeds things up on the government’s end.
- Priority Delivery ($9.95) - Your documents will be delivered within 3-5 business days from the date of completion.
In general, I prefer the idea of adding an EIN to the Economy package. The Standard package varies in value by state, and since the Complete package is built on the Standard foundation, it too is difficult to broadly recommend for everyone.
All of the Form-A-Corp customer reviews we could find on 3rd-party sites were on Facebook, where they have 7 written reviews and 13 total ratings. All reviews were positive, with customers commenting on their customer support and speed of service.
Facebook: 5/5 out of 13 reviews
Conclusion: While I would certainly like to see more feedback than this, it’s impressive that a company with 20,000+ businesses served and nearly 20 years of experience has no critical reviews online.
How Form-A-Corp Compares
Form-A-Corp is a strong contender for LLC formation service because of their price match and their compliance guarantee. Still, it’s always a good idea to check out what the competition has to offer, so let’s take a quick look at my personal favorite, IncFile.
Pricing: IncFile’s $49 price tag can save you $50 over Form-A-Corp’s $99 base rate.
Features: The big difference here is that IncFile gives you a year of registered agent service with all packages, while Form-A-Corp only offers that with its most premium package.
Customer Support: Form-A-Corp doesn’t have their phone support hours listed, although they do have a toll-free number and you could always email them. IncFile’s support team is available via phone or email from 10am to 7pm ET on weekdays.
Businesses Formed So Far: IncFile has helped form 150,000+ businesses since 2004. On the other hand, Form-A-Corp has over 20,000 businesses served since 1998.
HERE'S A QUICK VISUAL
Pricing Starts at $49
150,000+ Businesses formed so far
Perfect for: Anyone starting a business on a budget and need quick formation with generous features
Pricing Starts at $99
20,000+ Businesses formed so far
Perfect for: Anyone looking to work with a simplified & 'a la carte' formation service
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Just Form a Business Myself?
That’s certainly an option, although it can be quite a hassle for many businesses. You’ll need a degree of familiarity with state-specific compliance requirements, and there’s some legalese involved with the DIY route too. Services like Form-A-Corp can alleviate these concerns and leave you free to run your business. If you do want to form your own LLC, check out our extensive how-to guide.
Are There Any Hidden Fees?
Not at all, they do a good job of explaining their costs.
Is My Information Secure?
They verify their merchant identity with Authorize.Net, which also processes security, safeguards customer information and combats fraud.
Does Form-ACorp Offer Ongoing Support?
They sure do. Just give them a call or send them an email at any time. They’ll be more than happy to help you figure out whatever questions you might have.