Some Pros & Cons of FindLegalForms.com
- If you stand them up against other providers industry, you'll find that their pricing is pretty competitive.
- Their state-specific corporate bylaws templates are crafted and maintained by real attorneys.
- The payment process is fairly straightforward. Just make sure to deselect the "document storage" box during checkout if that’s not something you need -- otherwise, you’ll be charged for the additional service.
- They offer a 100% money-back guarantee if you aren’t satisfied with the end result.
- They provide samples of all their documents, so you can see exactly what you’re getting ahead of time. Just make sure you have Adobe Flash Player installed in order to view them.
- FindLegalForms.com offers four different file types across three different platforms (Microsoft, Mac, and Linux), so not all file types are going to be compatible with your computer. You may need to make some adjustments to figure out what works and what doesn't, which may be tough for less tech-savvy folks.
- Unlike providers like Rocket Lawyer, FindLegalForms.com doesn't offer access to legal professionals. So, unless you feel comfortable reviewing your legal documents independently, you should probably work with a local attorney who understands all the formalities involved.
- If you file your documents incorrectly or provide inaccurate information (even by accident), you are 100% liable. FindLegalForms.com is not responsible for how you choose to utilize their templates.
Pricing & Features
FindLegalForms.com provides a variety of options, so you'll probably be able to find what you need -- whether that's a long-term tool or a one-and-done document. That said, let's dive into the details of their services!
Single Document Purchase = $19.95
If you’re only looking to get your hands on a corporate bylaws template, they’re currently offering it for $19.95. It comes in a package with:
- Instructions on how to complete the corporate bylaws
- A bylaws checklist
- Sample clauses for corporate bylaws
- Sample completed corporate bylaws
When to Use: If you don’t want to get wrapped up in subscription fees, this is definitely a good way to go -- you’ll pay for the corporate bylaws template upfront, and that’s it. The Combo package (below) doesn't call for recurring payments either, but it's a more comprehensive option.
Combo Package = $39.95
If you’re only looking to make a one-time payment but seeking much more than just a corporate bylaws template, their Combo package is a great choice. They offer a version for LLCs and another for corporations. Here's an outline of their LLC package:
... and their corporation package:
When To Use: This package is best suited for folks who could benefit from its wide selection of essential startup-phase documents, and again, who only wish to pay a single upfront fee.
Small Business Monthly Subscription = $2.50-$4.99/mo.
If there’s still more that you’d like to get out of their services, FindLegalForms.com has a couple of subscription packages to choose from. These are great for entrepreneurs looking for a long-term solution for legal documentation.
When to Use: This setup is great if you’re expecting to make a lot of changes to your legal documents over time, and you're comfortable making monthly payments.
Monthly Subscription for Corporations = $21.16-$49.95/mo.
If you’re part of a well-established corporation or you simply need more versatility, their Premium subscription is the next step up. With Premium, you'll have the ability to:
- Store your files in a personal online vault and access/edit them from any computer, anytime.
- Save multiple drafts of your documents.
- Secure all your documents in an encrypted server.
- Sort and manage your files easily.
When to Use: This subscription definitely isn't necessary for everyone, but it can be a valuable investment for larger businesses. If you find that the traditional subscription doesn’t offer enough storage or templates, it may be worth looking into Premium.
Unfortunately, FindLegalForms.com comes up a bit short on customer reviews. Even though they've been in the industry for over a decade, they only have a few reviews -- and they're quite mixed.
Customer reviews as of 9-5-2017:
- BBB: A+
- TrustLink: 2.5/5, 4 reviews
On the plus side, they've been accredited and given an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau. BBB analyzes all accredited businesses against 13 different metrics including transparency of business practices and complaint history. Needless to say, it's a good sign when businesses get an A+.
The main complaint people have left is that customer support was not as helpful as they'd hoped. However, it's important to keep in mind that most folks don't even bother leaving a review unless they have a negative experience, so it's not uncommon to see ratings like this -- especially when the sample size is so small. Hopefully, they'll gather more positive reviews in the future to even the scale!