Do you need to set basic rules for running your business through corporate bylaws? If you want to stay compliant, the answer is likely ‘yes.’ Unless you’re an expert — or have an attorney — using a credible online bylaws template is a smart move.
In this guide we’ll take a look at the top 3 best corporate bylaws templates online to give you an idea which one is best for your company. Enjoy!
#1 Rocket Lawyer - Free during 7-day trial
Rocket Lawyer uses what they call an ‘interview process’ to fill out your bylaws. Simply answer the questions posed in your step-by-step interview, and they’ll automatically transfer all the relevant data to your new bylaws form.
Main Selling Point: In addition to the template, Rocket Lawyer also provides access to an attorney that can review the bylaws to make sure everything is done correctly.
They offer a week-long free trial period for their comprehensive legal services subscription, which costs $39.95 to $49.95 per month after that. There’s absolutely no obligation, so if you’d like, you can simply cancel your subscription whenever. The quality and convenience of their service makes them our top pick for corporate bylaws templates.
#2 FindLegalForms.com - $19.95
If the idea of signing up for a trial subscription doesn’t appeal to you, FindLegalForms offers their corporate bylaws template for a flat $19.95 rate. You can also bundle a bylaws template with 10 other common corporate startup forms for $39.95. Of course, they also have a subscription service.
- FindLegalForms subscriptions cost $2.50 to $49.95 per month.
- Service includes a comprehensive document library, with unlimited usage for Premier-level subscribers.
As with all FindLegalForms documents, their bylaws are available in several different file types and are compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux. If you’re more interested in a one-time purchase — or even if you do want a subscription but only need the document library — FindLegalForms is worth considering.
#3 LawDepot - Free during 7-day trial
With LawDepot’s super-simple setup, they say it takes 10 minutes or less from start to finish to create your corporate bylaws. That’s an impressive claim, and you can put it to the test yourself for free with a one-week trial.
- LawDepot subscriptions cost $33/month or $95/year.
- Service includes unlimited access to an extensive library of legal documents.
Additionally, LawDepot has great customer feedback on TrustPilot, with an 8.9 average score out of 10. This combination of quick service and happy customers makes them a strong option for corporate bylaws templates.
Pros & Cons of Online Bylaws Templates
- Because corporate bylaws are so common, these templates are regularly updated and maintained by business attorneys.
- Templates take care of most of the corporate lingo and legalese — you don’t need to be an expert. However, you do need to make absolutely certain you give these providers the correct information, because they’ll duplicate any errors you make (unless you take advantage of the document review services offered by Rocket Lawyer).
- Simplicity is the name of the game with these providers. Follow their step-by-step instructions and you’ll have your bylaws saved and printed within a matter of minutes.
- While providers like Rocket Lawyer and LawDepot offer independent legal consultants and quality guarantees, none of the providers are liable if you don’t correctly use their template.
- You will be to blame for any mistakes that may happen. These forms are great, but they can’t verify the data you provide to them. As long as you understand the risks, you should be fine.
Which Corporate Bylaws Template is Best?
When it comes to choosing a top corporate bylaws template, we recommend you take a quick look at each provider’s sample and choose your favorite. They all have pros and cons.
Of course, our general top pick is Rocket Lawyer because it’s free for 7 days and they allow you to have an attorney review it through their platform. Overall, it's a pretty impressive offering.