Chase Ink Business Cash Credit Card
Is It Right For You?
Last Updated: By TRUiC Team
Do you need to acquire a business credit card to help take your company to the next level? With so many options out there, how do you decide which is the best card for you?
As a supplement to your own research, my team and I studied the common characteristics and major differences of every popular business credit card. By sharing this valuable information with you, we hope to simplify your decision-making process.
In this Chase Ink Business Cash credit card review, you’ll find a convenient summary of its pros and cons, fees, features, customer feedback and much more. Let’s discover if it's the right choice for you!
Recommended: Read our review of the best business credit cards.
Chase Ink Business Cash Pros & Cons
Pros of Chase Ink Business Cash
- The Chase Ink Business Cash card doesn't come with an annual fee. Especially considering their solid rewards program, it’s impressive that they don’t charge around $100 annually (like so many competitors do).
- It provides 1% cash back on all purchases with no limits, plus some strong bonus cash-back options. For instance, you’ll earn 5% cash back at office supply stores and on internet, cable, and phone services, and 2% at gas stations and restaurants.
- If you charge $7,500 to your Chase Ink Business Cash card in the first 3 months, they’ll give you a $750 bonus. No strings attached!
Cons of Chase Ink Business Cash
- You'll be charged a 3% fee for international transactions. This is among the highest rates in the industry for foreign purchases.
Chase Ink Business Cash Credit Card Fees & Features
With Chase Ink Business Cash, you’ll receive a balance of generous perks and low fees. Let’s walk through some of their top features:
Rewards and Benefits
- $750 bonus cash back after spending $7,500 on eligible purchases in the first three months after opening an account
- 0% intro APR on purchases for the first 12 months after opening an account
- 5% cash back (on first $25k spent) office supply stores and on internet, cable, and phone services
- 2% cash back (on first $25k spent) at gas stations and restaurants
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
- Fraud alerts
- No annual fee
- 3% foreign transaction fees
- 5% or $5 balance transfer fee (whichever is greater per transaction).
- 5% or $15 cash advance fee (whichever is greater per transaction).
Before we move on, I will note that Chase Ink Business Cash doesn’t have the greatest reputation for fraud alerts. It’s not that the service doesn’t work -- in fact, some customers have complained about having their card suspended too frequently for potentially fraudulent charges. It’s great that they’re so careful, but it seems that sometimes their fraud protections get in the way of the card’s functionality.
It’s not very common to see customer feedback for specific credit cards on third-party review aggregate sites, but Chase has managed to accumulate an impressive collection of reviews on their own site. For the most part, these reviews are positive, with many cardholders commenting on the solid rewards program.
However, as I mentioned, several users have taken issue with the way Chase handles fraud alerts. Some cardholders say legitimate transactions get flagged as potentially fraudulent, resulting in their card shutting down at the point of purchase.
- Chase.com: 4.2/5, 1,206 reviews
Conclusion: Overall, we think Chase Ink Business Cash is a decent choice for entrepreneurs. Just make sure to keep an eye on the fraud alerts to see if they are indeed a bit overboard, as many cardholders suggest.
How Chase Ink Business Cash Compares
Chase Ink Business Cash offers a business credit card that fits the needs of many entrepreneurs, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the best card for you. With that in mind, let’s see how it compares to Capital One Spark Cash, another leading business credit card.
Fees: Whereas Chase Ink Business Cash has no annual fee, Capital One Spark Cash charges $95 per year (after your free first year). However, while Chase Ink charges 3% for all foreign transactions, Spark Cash has no fees for international charges.
Cash back: As we discussed, Chase Ink provides 1% unlimited cash back, 2% at gas stations and restaurants, and 5% on telecommunications and at office supply stores. On the other hand, Spark Cash offers 2% cash back with no limits across the board.
Bonuses: Chase Ink offers a $750 cash bonus after you spend $7,500 in your first 3 months, while Spark Cash offers $500 if you spend $4,500 within the same time frame.
Here's A Quick Breakdown
Service Charge Starts at $0
Generous cash-back rewards program
Perfect for: Anyone looking for a startup-friendly business credit card with great rewards and no annual fee
Service Charge Starts at $95/year
2% cash back on all purchases
Perfect for: Anyone looking for business credit card with unlimited rewards and no foreign transaction fees
Frequently Asked Questions
Do They Provide Fraud Protection?
Yes, although cardholders have mixed opinions regarding whether these protections are effectively implemented. Some customers think Chase Ink is overly-cautious with fraud alerts, shutting their cards down unnecessarily. Personally, I don’t see this as a bad thing — it's better to be too careful than not careful enough.
Is It Easy to Get Cards For My Employees?
It sure is! Chase Ink Business Cash will provide you with as many employee cards as you need, free of charge. You can even set individual spending limits on their cards while gaining full rewards for their purchases.
Are There Any Other Special Features?
Yes. Chase Ink also offers standard Visa credit card features, like purchase protections, extended warranties and more.
Should You Use Chase Ink Business Cash?
Should You Use Chase Ink Business Cash?
Chase Ink Business Cash earns a score of 4.5/5 in our book. We love the fact that they don’t charge an annual fee, and that they offer tons of valuable cash-back bonuses. So, are you ready to apply for your Chase Ink Business Cash credit card? Or would you rather take some time to look over your other options? Either way, simply use the buttons below!