- My favorite feature of Capital One Spark Miles for Business is its generous rewards program. You’ll earn 2 miles per $1 spent, which is twice as much as most competitors provide.
- If you spend $4,500 in your first 3 months as a Spark Miles for Business cardholder, you’ll earn 50,000 bonus miles (equal to $500 in travel).
- Capital One Spark Miles for Business comes with an annual fee of $95. While this fee is waived for the first year, there are many competing cards that don’t charge annual fees to begin with.
- Spark Miles for Business is only available to applicants with excellent credit. If your credit is less than perfect, or if you have a limited credit history, you probably won't qualify for this card.
- Some cardholders complain that the card's credit limit is too low to be functional as a business credit card. (More on that shortly!)
Take a quick look at how Capital One advertises the Spark Miles for Business card on their website, then we’ll discuss the details:
Spark Miles for Business appeals to entrepreneurs who travel regularly for work. Offering more miles per dollar than most competing rewards cards, it really does come with an impressive set of features:
- $95 annual fee (waived for first year)
- 2 miles per $1 spent
- 50,000 bonus miles when you spend $4,500 in your first 3 months
- No foreign transaction fees
- Comprehensive fraud protection
If you don't have many travel expenses, this is clearly not the card for you. Otherwise, this is a pretty desirable collection of benefits -- especially considering how quickly you can pile up the miles. Again, keep in mind that some Spark Miles for Business cardholders aren't satisfied with their credit limits, so if you need a quite large line of credit you may want to look elsewhere.
Unlike most business credit cards, Spark Miles for Business has accumulated tons of customer feedback on third-party review sites in addition to the Capital One website. This is something we love to see!
For the most part, it seems like cardholders are really happy with Spark Miles for Business -- especially the excellent fraud protection and generous reward miles. However, there are also a few unhappy customers who have issues with the card’s credit limit.
Customer Reviews Section Last Updated 11-14-17
Conclusion: Overall, customer feedback for Capital One Spark Miles for Business is quite positive. The only recurring complaint I found was in regard to the card's relatively low credit limit. Of course, this may or may not be a problem for you depending on the needs of your business.
Spark Miles for Business is a great option for entrepreneurs who travel a lot, but it's not the perfect card for every business owner. With that in mind, let’s see how it stacks up next to another Capital One card, Spark Cash.
Fees: Spark Cash and Spark Miles both come with a $95 annual fee, and both fees are waived for your first year. Neither card charges any foreign transaction fees.
Cashback: While Spark Miles offers 2 miles per $1 spent, Spark Cash offers 2% cash back on all purchases, with no limits.
Bonuses: Spark Cash provides a $500 cash bonus for cardholders who spend $4,500 in their first 3 months. Spark Miles offers 50,000 bonus miles when you spend $4,500 in your first 3 months (essentially an equal value).
Here's A Quick Visual
Service Charge of $95/year
Unlimited 2x miles per dollar spent
Perfect for: Anyone with excellent credit seeking a great travel rewards program
Service Charge of $95/year
Unlimited 2% cash back
Perfect for: Anyone looking for a business credit card with unlimited cash rewards
Do They Provide Fraud Protection?
Absolutely! Capital One offers all Spark Miles for Business cardholders thorough fraud protection. If your card is lost or stolen, you’ll have zero liability for any fraudulent charges on your account.
Is It Easy to Get Cards for My Employees?
It couldn’t be much easier. You don’t need to pay anything to acquire employee cards, and you’ll earn full mileage rewards on their purchases -- just like you would on your own.
Are There Any Other Special Features?
Capital One Spark Miles for Business provides cardholders with quarterly and year-end summaries. These customized and itemized reports can make budgeting much simpler.
Capital One Spark Miles for Business earns a score of 4.2/5 in my book. The card has a solid APR, generous mileage rewards and some decent sign-up bonuses. Ready to apply for your own Capital One Spark Miles for Business card? Need some more time to review your other options? Either way, just use the buttons below!