MyCompanyWorks Annual Report Filing Review
Is It The Best Service For You?
Do you need to file an annual report to remain compliant with your state, but the DIY route seems like too much of a hassle? Services like MyCompanyWorks (formerly My New Company) can file an annual report for you, but how do you decide which company you should choose?
As a supplement to your own research, my team and I examined every popular annual report filing service. By doing this research and sharing the info with you, I hope to make your decision a little easier.
In this MyCompanyWorks annual report filing service review, you’ll find all the details about their pros and cons, pricing and features, customer feedback and more. Are they the best service for your business?
Pros & Cons of MyCompanyWorks
Pros of MyCompanyWorks
- Their $49 price for annual report service is among the cheapest in the industry, and it’s my favorite thing about their service. If saving money is a priority, MyCompanyWorks might be the right choice for you.
- MyCompanyWorks has a 100% satisfaction guarantee for annual reports. If you’re unhappy with their service for any reason, they’ll provide a refund at any time within 90 days of your purchase.
- They have an excellent reputation with their clients. MyCompanyWorks has hundreds of reviews available online, and nearly all of them are positive. Great customer reviews are always a welcome sight in my book.
- They’re known for their quick customer support. If you contact them during business hours, MyCompanyWorks returns most emails and phone messages within just 20 minutes. Some competitors can take a full business day to respond, so this is no small point in their favor.
Cons of MyCompanyWorks
- Some of their competition — like Harbor Compliance, BizFilings and Incorporate.com — offer “fully managed” annual report service. This means they operate on a subscription basis, and every year they track your due dates, file your annual report and keep detailed compliance records. MyCompanyWorks only offers the actual annual report filing itself.
- While their $49 fee for annual report filing is great, there is one cheaper alternative that I know of. LegalZoom offers this service for $35.
MyCompanyWorks gets a score of 4.6/5 in my book. I really like their low prices and their great customer feedback is another major point bonus. If you’re ready to get started with MyCompanyWorks or you’d rather take some more time to review your other choices, use the buttons below.
MyCompanyWorks Annual Report Filing Pricing & Features
MyCompanyWorks has a flat rate of $49 (plus state fee) for annual report services. Take a look at the way they explain this service in this screenshot from their website, then we’ll get into specifics.
All you need to do to get your annual report filed is to give MyCompanyWorks some basic information about your company, like your physical address and the names of your owners. Once you’ve done that, they’ll fill out the relevant forms with your state, file them, and send you an electronic copy of the completed annual report.
While this process is pretty simple, you will need to keep track of your own filing deadlines, and make sure you request your annual report well in advance of those due dates. Otherwise, you might risk falling out of good standing, and no one wants to deal with that.
It’s always nice to see plenty of positive customer reviews, and that’s exactly what you get with MyCompanyWorks. They have well over a thousand reviews available online, and the vast majority of them are very positive. In general, it seems to me that their clients enjoy how accessible their support reps are, as well as how easy it is to use their services.
Customer Reviews Section Last Updated 11-3-17
- Shopper Approved: 4.8/5, 1,245 reviews
Conclusion: A large volume of reviews, high average rating scores, what’s not to like? MyCompanyWorks scores big points when it comes to customer feedback.
How MyCompanyWorks Compares
In all the hours I’ve spent researching annual report filing services, I’ve developed some personal favorites. Still, I recognize that no one service is the perfect choice for every single business, and MyCompanyWorks does have several worthy competitors.
With that in mind, let’s check out another popular annual report filing service, LegalZoom. How do they compare to MyCompanyWorks?
Pricing: MyCompanyWorks has a low price of $49, but at $35 LegalZoom has the lowest price I’ve seen for this service.
Features: MyCompanyWorks and LegalZoom offer basically the same product when it comes to annual report filing service. They’re both pretty barebones services that only handle the actual filing of your annual report.
Customer Support: In my opinion, they each have their advantages in this area. LegalZoom has by far the longest customer service hours in this industry, from 8am to 10pm ET on weekdays and 10am to 8pm ET on weekends. MyCompanyWorks has much shorter operating hours, from noon to 8pm ET Monday through Friday. However, if you contact them while they’re open, they almost always get back to you within 20 minutes, which is super-fast.
Experience: MyCompanyWorks is a mid-sized company. They’ve been open since 2001 and they’ve served 50,000+ clients in that time. On the other hand, LegalZoom has nearly 4 million customers since they opened in 1999. They’re one of the industry giants.
Here's A Quick Visual
Pricing Starts at $35
3 million+ businesses served
Perfect for: Anyone needing an affordable & fast annual report filing
Pricing Starts at $49
50,000+ businesses served
Perfect for: Anyone wanting an annual report filing service with great customer support
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s Their Refund Policy?
MyCompanyWorks has a 100% satisfaction guarantee that ensures you can get a refund within 90 days of purchase. If you’re not happy with the service they provide, just ask for your money back and they’ll return their service fees.
Is My Information Secure?
Does MyCompanyWorks Offer Ongoing Support?
Absolutely! In fact, a lot of their customer reviews discuss the great ongoing customer service they’ve received from MyCompanyWorks.