Which is Better For You?
Deciding which accounting software is best for you and/or your business can be difficult, especially when so many brands in the industry offer fantastic core features. To make it easier to spot the smaller distinctions, we’ve created a series of comparison articles.
In this FreshBooks vs. Kashoo review, we’ll walk through similarities and differences, compare pricing, popular features and discuss a bit about customer feedback to really widen your perspective. So without further adieu, let’s get started!
Both FreshBooks and Kashoo are great options, and offer big hitting features like customizable invoice templates and bank reconciliation for extra-close monitoring. But, that’s just the beginning, here’s a few more:
1) Security: Both maintain strict security standards designed to safeguard all data. For these companies, security is paramount to their survival.
2) Scalability: They’re suitable for any type of business, from freelancers and small startups to large scale operations.
3) Collaboration: FreshBooks and Kashoo offer multi-user packages so you can work together with team members and your accountant.
4) Reports: Oversee your financial growth with ease through their versatile and automatically generated reports.
5) Third Party Apps: Connect with dozens of helpful, well-designed third party apps, or add-ons/widgets to enhance your accounting game. They range from payroll solutions like Gusto, or Stripe payment options, To HubSpot and Zapier which connects to 500 more popular web apps.
6) Time Tracking: Keep track of all billable hours through their time tracking tools. Keep in mind, you can compound these with a FreshBooks app like FundBox which helps, “Turn unpaid invoices into cash.”
7) Expense Tracking: Manage your bills and payments through their savvy expense tracking tools. Then, you can integrate an app like Xpenditure which makes it a cinch to scan and submit receipts.
Although they have quite a bit of common features, from here on out, they operate at different ends of the spectrum so to speak. FreshBooks has been a long standing titan of the accounting software industry, and has served millions of users. Kashoo on the other hand, is a bright new-comer, having just released a new, fully-functional service in 2016.
Some attentional differences include:
As we mentioned a bit earlier, FreshBooks and Kashoo have very different pricing scales. FreshBooks, like many others in the industry, has a tiered, subscription-based structure. Kashoo on the other hand offers a one-size-fits-all approach to their packaging. Here’s a quick visual breakdown:
From there, there’s also a number of pricing differences to keep in mind, including:
Finally, getting into customer reviews, FreshBooks and Kashoo have both gathered a number of positive customer reviews. FreshBooks has hundreds of reviews over a number of different websites, which comes as no surprise since they’ve been popular for quite a while.
We love looking at TrustRadius (TR) for in-depth summaries of customer-favorite features and functionalities. Thus far, FreshBooks has 78 reviews, earning them a score of 8 out of 10. Here’s a breakdown of their TR summary:
They receive great ratings in most categories, including a few perfect scores for implementation and availability. What really matters though, in our opinion, is that the brunt of reviews are in the Likelihood to Recommend category. Now let’s look at Kashoo.
While we were able to find some solid reviews for Kashoo through Capterra, they haven’t gathered enough buzz on TR just yet. On Capterra though, Kashoo currently has 49 reviews, earning them an overall score of 5 out of 5.
Most people really love the simplicity of Kashoo’s software, and appreciate the value of their stand-alone package.
Though there are definite pros to both companies, we’d have to put our vote behind FreshBooks. They’ve had years to optimize their software and users love their versatile, feature-packed software. If you’d like to learn more about what FreshBooks can do for you, click the link below to be taken directly to their website. Cheers!
No credit card required