1. Tailor Brands - 5/5
Tailor Brands is our pick for the best paid logo maker. The Tailor Brands logo maker can help you make some attractive logo designs. One interesting feature of this tool is that it asks you to write a short description of your company. That’s a cool idea, but the next step still asks you to choose from several options so it’s hard to say that it does anything different.
The quality of the Tailor Brands logo maker is respectable. But, there’s one big catch: you can only download a Joint Photographic Group (JPG) file of your logo if you use the free service. To get a Scalable Vector Graphic (SVG) file — the standard for high-quality logos used across multiple formats — you must pay for a membership. Moreover, you’ll need to purchase the Standard, not Basic, membership level.
Pricing: Free to $12.99 per month
This logo maker will help you create a high-quality logo — even if you have no graphic design or technical skills.
- If you use the free service, you can only download a 320-by-320 pixel JPG file. That means you’ll have to pay for a membership to get a logo you can really use.
- If you do pay for a Tailor Brands membership, you can take advantage of the company’s other online marketing features like website design and web hosting.
- If you want to create a great logo and you don’t mind paying a little for it, Tailor Brands can make a good choice. Its logo maker suits businesses that want to use Tailor Brands’ other services. Once you pay for a membership, you can use multiple features the company offers (e.g., website design).
Tailor Brands will automatically create a website design based on the logo you choose. That means you only have to take the few first steps to create your logo, and then the company will take care of the rest.
2. TRUiC's Small Business Logo Maker - 5/5
TRUiC’s free logo maker is one of our top choices for several reasons. First, it’s free — the ideal price for new and smaller businesses with limited budgets. Second, it’s easy to use so you don’t have to learn a whole new set of skills to create a business logo.
Using TRUiC’s small business logo maker, you can design a logo with a few clicks. You also won’t have to worry about receiving a flood of marketing emails afterward. Use the logo maker, download your logo, then use it as you like.
- This logo maker is so user-friendly that even beginners can use it like a pro.
- The cost is unbeatable, which is hard to believe when you see the quality of the logos you can create.
- Unlike many other “free” logo makers, there’s no catch here. You get a high-quality logo image without any upselling or marketing tricks.
You can certainly find more feature-rich, in-depth logo maker options. But, most small businesses don’t need something complicated and don’t want to pay the premium price for such services. TRUiC’s logo maker is simple, free, and delivers the logo you need for your business with minimal fuss. That means you’ll have more time and money to focus on growing your business.
3. Wix Logo Maker - 4/5
Wix® is another company that offers website design services along with its logo maker tool. This company knows how to design a logo so you can expect visually pleasing options if you choose Wix. Using this logo maker feels similar to using most others, which means it’s relatively simple and accessible for most people.
Wix does have a free logo maker option, but it’s limited. You can only download a 198-by-198 pixel version of the logo for free. If you want a higher-quality image you can use for multiple purposes, you’ll need to pay more.
Pricing: Free to $50
- The free version of the Wix logo maker only lets you download a small JPG file, which you can only use for a few purposes.
- For $20, you can get commercial rights to your logo and a standard Portable Graphics Format (PNG) file.
- For $50, you can get commercial rights and an SVG file you can scale up in size without sacrificing visual quality.
Because Wix primarily focuses on website design services, its logo maker packages work best for businesses that want both a website and a logo. Wix even offers a deal in which you can get a website plus a logo for $14. But, if you just want a logo, you can spend less and get more from other companies.
4. Canva Logo Maker - 3.9/5
Canva® offers graphic design and related services, including a logo maker. The company offers a free version that allows you to design a logo. But, it’s important to note that Canva’s services focus on helping you learn graphic design. Because of this, it takes some time and effort to learn how to use its logo maker.
A preference for Canva will depend on your interest in graphic design. If you want to learn some skills and have more control over your logo, this makes a great choice. But, you can find a better tool if you just want to create a logo as quickly as possible so you can focus on other aspects of your business.
Pricing: Free to $12.99
- Canva’s free version provides access to a lot of graphic design tools, which will keep you busy for a while before you need the “Pro” version.
- While it takes some time and effort to learn how to use Canva’s logo maker, you can use it to create some truly distinctive logo designs.
- Remember, you can hire an entry-level graphic designer for a reasonable price if you want a custom logo.
Canva provides an impressive service for those interested in learning some graphic design skills. But, it’s not ideal if you just want a straightforward solution as soon as possible. If that sounds like you, choose another logo maker from this list.
5. Hatchful by Shopify - 3.8/5
Hatchful is the logo maker offered by ecommerce giant Shopify®. If you use Shopify for your business, Hatchful makes an obvious choice for your logo creation. But, what if you’re not a Shopify customer?
For those not already using Shopify, Hatchful provides a decent option. This free tool can take you through the steps to design a logo based on your industry. The main issue is its lack of customization. For example, you can’t choose the color of your logo.
Yet, Hatchful does give you a full package of different-sized logo files for use on various platforms like social media.
- You can really use Hatchful for free and get usable logo files for various platforms without needing to purchase a higher-level package.
- The logos Hatchful produces aren’t the most impressive you can find so don’t expect its designs to blow you away.
- While it’s free to use Hatchful, it does require you to give your email address — which the company will almost certainly use to market to you in the future — before you can download your logo files.
Hatchful provides a decent logo maker option. As advertised, it’ll help you quickly create a logo for free. Unlike many other free logo makers, Hatchful will give you logo files you can actually use in your marketing efforts. But, Hatchful likely will pester you to pay for more services once you share your email address.
6. Squarespace Logo Maker - 3.8/5
Squarespace® is one of the most popular website design platforms in use today. Many businesses choose Squarespace because of the way it visually presents websites. It makes sense that the company’s logo maker also produces attractive designs.
The logos you can create using the Squarespace tool do, indeed, look good. While they don’t feature complex designs, they do have a clean and appealing appearance. You can certainly use the Squarespace logo maker for free and create a strong logo for your business. But, the only logo file you can download is a 500-by-500 pixel, transparent PNG file. That’s a decent option, but not the SVG file you really want for a logo.
- Unlike some supposedly free logo maker services, Squarespace will deliver on its promise to give you an attractive logo for free.
- The download option of a transparent, PNG file is okay — but not as good as it could be. Ideally, you want an SVG file so you can scale the image without any loss of quality.
- You don’t have the option to edit your logo after you create it and download the file.
The Squarespace free logo maker is a decent option for creating your logo. It’s easy to use, creates attractive logo designs, and provides a file you can use for your marketing needs. But, better options do exist. If you want a nicer logo or a better file option, you can find it with other services.
7. GraphicSprings - 3.7/5
GraphicSprings represents one of the more interesting logo maker options on this list. This high-quality tool is both simple and robust. While only Canva’s logo maker gives you more control over your logo design, it can prove challenging to use. With GraphicSprings, you can customize your logo quite a bit and you’ll have lots of options from which to choose. But, the company’s pricing and approach to upselling makes it one of the lower-scoring options on this list.
GraphicSprings only allows you to design your logo for free. If you then want to download your logo file, you must pay $19.99. But that’ll only get you a JPG file. You’ll need to purchase the “Pro” package for $99.99 to get an SVG file.
This company’s pricing isn’t the only problem. Once you finish designing your logo and attempt to download it, you’ll encounter a page that says something like this:
“Secure your logo now. It might not be available in five mins! Three other users are currently looking at your graphic.”
This kind of high-pressure sales tactic is unnecessary and far too pushy for our taste.
Pricing: $19.99 to $199.99
- GraphicSprings has one of the more robust logo makers. It not only offers more customization than most, but it also offers strong ease of use.
- GraphicSprings’s pricing is significantly higher than many of the other logo makers. While the company provides feature-rich packages, it’s not clear if they’re worth the cost.
- High-pressure sales tactics aren’t common online anymore because most customers dislike them. Unfortunately, GraphicSprings still uses them.
It’s a challenge to review the GraphicSprings logo maker because it has both great and unfortunate qualities. If you’re willing to pay more and want a better logo designer but aren’t bothered by pushy sales tactics, then it might make a good fit for you. Look elsewhere if you want to save money and keep things simple.
Pros and Cons of Logo Makers
- Logo makers can help make logo design simpler and more accessible for business owners.
- Logo makers typically are easy to use and provide a logo you can feature in all your various marketing efforts.
- Many logo makers are very affordable — some are even free — and you get a lot for a little.
- You’ll find plenty of logo makers from which to choose, offering a variety of features and pricing options.
- Anyone can use most logo makers so you don’t have to be tech-savvy to create a great logo.
- Some logo maker companies send misleading messages about what you get for free. They might offer their design tool for free, for example, but then charge you to download your logo file.
- Even when you can download a logo file for free, it may not come in a file type you can really use for your marketing needs.
- Certain logo makers aren’t intuitive and instead require graphic design skills you may not have.
- While the systems that produce these logos do a decent job of giving you what you want, they won’t always deliver your ideal logo design.
- Logo makers typically can’t match the work of a trained graphic designer.
What is a logo maker?
A logo maker helps you design a logo for your business. The most user-friendly of these tools simply require your business name, industry, and a few preferences from you to produce a logo.
What is the best free logo maker?
In our opinion, the TRUiC Small Business Logo Maker is the best option for most small business owners. It’s free and provides an image file you can use for all of your marketing efforts.
How much does it cost to have someone create a logo?
Hiring a graphic designer can cost anywhere from $10 to thousands of dollars. While the lower-priced option can seem appealing, you don’t know what you’ll get unless you hire an experienced designer who charges professional prices.
How can I design my own logo?
Just find the logo maker on our list that you like the most and follow the link. The instructions each tool provides will guide you through the rest of the process.
What Is the Best Logo Maker?
Based on our extensive research, we chose Tailor Brands as the best paid logo maker option for business owners. The TRUiC Small Business Logo Maker is the best free logo maker option for most businesses. Multiple factors contribute to this recommendation, including the tool’s cost, ease of use, and file options.
Unlike many supposedly free logo makers, TRUiC’s logo maker really is free. It also provides your logo in the file format(s) you need for free. Many free services only give you low-quality JPG files that aren’t particularly useful.
If you want a free logo maker that’s easy to use, we recommend the one offered by TRUiC. Of course, you may have different needs from a logo maker. If you want more control, have an interest in learning graphic design, or feel comfortable paying for more expansive packages, you can find other options on our list.
Visit Tailor Brands