As the global remote workforce has grown steadily larger, there has been an increasing demand for sustainable remote workspaces. While plenty of folks still opt for working from home or the neighborhood coffee shop, there are many reasons why these spaces may not provide a healthy, productive work environment.
Coworking organizations like WeWork have filled the need for dedicated remote workspaces by creating beautiful offices across the country (and around the globe). These spaces, which are currently being leveraged by companies like Facebook and Microsoft, also create opportunities for remote workers to network and foster community with other like-minded individuals.
In this guide, we’ll go over the top 7 coworking spaces in Toronto, including each organization’s pricing model, coworking locations, and more.
WeWork Starts at 500 CAD/mo.
WeWork is perhaps the fastest-growing coworking network in existence today. Their competitive prices, beautiful office spaces, and generous amenities make them our top choice for coworking in Toronto.
WeWork advertises fast internet, daily cleaning, IT support, 24/7 building access, office supplies, business-class printers, micro-roasted coffee, private phone booths, and conference room access.
- 1 University Ave: 1 University Ave Toronto, ON M5J 2P1
- 33 Bloor Street: 33 Bloor St E 5th Floor Toronto, ON M4W 3H1
- Richmond Street West: 240 Richmond Street W Toronto, ON M5V 1V6
- Scotia Plaza: 40 King St W Toronto, ON M5H 4A9
- 100 University Avenue: 100 University Ave Toronto, ON M5J 1V6
WeWork’s pricing is divided into three categories: hot desks, dedicated desks and private offices. Below is the price range for each (depending on location). Note that not all categories are available in each location:
- Hot desk (access to any seat in common area): 500-530 CAD/mo
- Dedicated desk: 770 CAD/mo
- Private office: starting at 1,050 CAD/mo
Workplace One - Starts at 99 CAD/mo.
Workplace One offers several locations in Toronto as well as one in neighboring Kitchener. Members can choose between short-term and long-term plans.
Amenities include a mailing address, copying and printing services, free coffee and beer, and access to meeting rooms.
- King West: 901 King St West Suite 400 Toronto, ON M5V 3H5
- King East: 340 King St East 2nd Floor Toronto, ON M5A 1K8
- Queen West: 51 Wolseley St Toronto ON M5T 1A4
- Bay Bloor: 77 Bloor St West Suite 600 Toronto, ON M5S 1M2
- Virtual office: 99 CAD/mo
- Coworking: starting at 25 CAD/day or 225 CAD/mo
- Dedicated desk: starting at 450 CAD/mo
- Private office: starting at 175 CAD/day or 565 CAD/mo
Workhaus - Starts at 250 CAD/mo.
Workhaus operates out of six different locations in Toronto. From historical buildings to views from the 30th floor of a modern office tower, Workhaus offers a variety of coworking environments.
It advertises 24/7 building access, free coffee and tea, mail services, printing and scanning, and beer on tap.
- Commerce Court: 30 Wellington St W Toronto, ON M5L 1B1
- FiDi: 56 Temperance St Toronto, ON M5H 3V5
- Loft on Bay: 350 Bay St #1300 Toronto, ON M5H 2S6
- Castle: 212 King St W Toronto, ON M5H 1K5
- Sky Parlour: 1 Adelaide St E #3001 Toronto, ON M5C 1J4
- 1892: 20 Richmond St E Toronto, ON M5C 2R9
- Hot desk (weekdays 9am-5pm): 250 CAD/mo
- Hot desk (24/7): 350 CAD/mo
- Dedicated desk: 450-900 CAD/mo
- Private office: starting at 1,900 CAD/mo
Project Spaces - Starts at 250 CAD/mo.
Founded in 2011, Project Spaces has two locations in Toronto, including the top floor of a 120-year-old building that it advertises as the closest workspace to the Toronto Island Airport, and it offers several membership options.
Benefits include 24/7 building access, color printing, meeting room access, a mailing address, premium coffee and tea, and lockable storage.
- King West: 73 Bathurst Street 4th floor Toronto, ON M5V 2P6
- Camden: 20 Camden St Suite 200 Toronto, ON M5V 1V1
- Day pass: 20-30 CAD/day
- Community (2 day passes): 45 CAD/mo
- Lounge (24/7 coworking access): 250 CAD/mo
- Permanent desk: 450-550 CAD/mo
iQ Office Suites - Starts at 59 CAD/mo.
iQ Office Suites has several office locations in the city, in both historic and modern buildings, with a variety of membership options at each.
The company advertises high-speed internet, printing and copying services, an engineered white noise system throughout the space, and unlimited coffee, tea, and snacks.
- 140 Yonge Street: 140 Yonge St #200 Toronto, ON M5C 1X6
- Bank of Canada Building: 250 University Ave #200 Toronto, ON M5H 3E5
- 545 King Street West: 545 King St W Toronto, ON M5V 1M1
- 150 King Street West: 150 King St W #200 Toronto, ON M5H 1J9
- Virtual office: 59-149 CAD/mo
- Coworking: starting at 29 CAD/day
- Dedicated desk: starting at 599 CAD/mo
- Private office: starting at 1,500 CAD/mo
District 28 WorkSpaces - Starts at 90 CAD/mo.
District 28 WorkSpaces operates out of a single location in Toronto and offers some unique spaces and membership options beyond standard desk space.
Along with complimentary coffee, access to conference rooms and other standard amenities, members get use of District 28’s screening room and editing suites.
- 28 Logan Ave Toronto, ON M4M 2M8
- Common area: 90 CAD/mo
- Creative (studio access only): 200 CAD/mo
- Hot desk (10 days desk space/mo + studio access): 225 CAD/mo
- Dedicated desk: starting at 350 CAD/mo
- Private office: starting at 1,100 CAD/mo
Lab T.O. - Starts at 200 CAD/mo.
Lab T.O. operates out of one loft-style building in the Junction Triangle neighborhood in Toronto. Members have noted the owner’s hands-on, helpful, and capable management of the space.
Lab T.O.’s coworking space offers 24/7 building access, free coffee and tea, and high-speed internet.
- 231 Wallace Ave Toronto, ON M6H 1V5
- Coworking: 20 CAD/day, 80 CAD/wk, 200 CAD/mo
Which Coworking Service Should I Use?
Whether you work in graphic design, software development, or any other field that calls for a remote workspace, we trust that WeWork will have an office in Toronto that suits your needs.
That said, if you’re looking for the least expensive coworking space possible, or perhaps an office in a specific part of town, there are many other worthwhile options on this list. We encourage you to compare prices, locations, amenities and other important factors before deciding which coworking space is right for you.