As the U.S. remote workforce has grown steadily larger, there has been an increasing demand for sustainable remote workspaces. While plenty of folks still opt for working from home or the neighborhood coffee shop, there are many reasons why these spaces may not provide a healthy, productive work environment.
Coworking organizations like WeWork have filled the need for dedicated remote workspaces by creating beautiful offices across the country (and around the globe). These spaces, which are currently being leveraged by companies like Facebook and Microsoft, also create opportunities for remote workers to network and foster community with other like-minded individuals.
In this guide, we’ll go over the top 7 coworking spaces in Philadelphia, including each organization’s pricing model, coworking locations, and more.
1. WeWork Starts at $300/mo.
WeWork is perhaps the fastest-growing coworking network in existence today. Their competitive prices, beautiful and plentiful office spaces, and generous amenities make them our top choice for coworking in Philadelphia.
WeWork advertises fast internet, daily cleaning, IT support, 24/7 building access, office supplies, business-class printers, micro-roasted coffee, private phone booths, and conference room access.
- 1430 Walnut St: 1430 Walnut St Suite 200 Philadelphia, PA 19102
- 1900 Market St: 1900 Market St Philadelphia, PA 19103
- 1601 Market St: 1601 Market St Philadelphia, PA 19103
- 1010 N Hancock St: 1010 N Hancock St Philadelphia, PA 19123
WeWork’s pricing is divided into three categories: hot desks, dedicated desks and private offices. Below is the price range for each (depending on location). Note that not all categories are available in each location.
- Hot desk (any available seat in a common area): starting at $300/mo
- Dedicated desk: starting at $425/mo
- Private office: starting at $600/mo
2. The Yard Starts at $50/mo.
The Yard has several locations along the east coast of the U.S., including one in the historic Steele Building in Philadelphia’s Center City area, which includes four floors of office space and a 2000 sq/ft roof deck.
The Yard offers 24/7 access, meeting rooms, printing, storage options, bike storage, ergonomic chairs, a wellness program, and complimentary coffee and tea.
- 21 South 11th St: 21 South 11th St Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Virtual office: starting at $50/mo
- Hot desk: starting at $295/mo
- Dedicated desk: starting at $400/mo
- Private office: starting at $550/mo
3. Indy Hall Starts at $30/mo.
Founded in 2006 and staking claim as Philly’s original coworking community, Indy Hall is one of the city’s highest rated coworking spaces.
Members have access to meeting rooms, phone rooms, and free tea and coffee. The space also features 300 feet of windows, providing scenic views of the Old City and plenty of natural light.
- 399 Market St: 399 Market St Philadelphia, PA 19106
- 1 day: $30/mo
- 6 days: $120/mo
- 12 days: $200/mo
- Unlimited: $300/mo
4. City CoHo Starts at $100/mo.
City CoHo focuses on environmental sustainability and operates in Center City out of a building seeking double LEED platinum certification.
It offers a number of amenities, including conference rooms, phone booths, a member wellness program, printing and copying, bike racks, free coffee, and whiteboard and chalkboard walls.
- 2401 Walnut St: 2401 Walnut St Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Day pass: $30
- 5 days per month: $100/mo
- 3 days per week: $200/mo
- 24/7 access: $300/mo
- Dedicated desk: $400/mo
- Private office: starting at $1,200/mo
5. One Nickel Starts at $200/mo.
Located in the historic 6000 sq/ft Nickels Building, One Nickel is a flexible coworking and event space that offers a variety of membership options and ala carte services.
Amenities include printing and copying, conference room space, lockers, drinks, and snacks.
- 4323 Main St: 4323 Main St Manayunk Philadelphia, PA 19127
- Day pass: $20
- Week pass: $80
- Unlimited: $200/mo
- Dedicated desk: $350/mo
6. Industrious Starts at $428/mo.
Like WeWork, Industrious is a rapidly expanding coworking network. Although they have higher prices and fewer membership options than other spaces in the area, they also have extremely enthusiastic customers who rave about the atmosphere, amenities, and management at their Philadelphia location.
Amenities include conference rooms, unlimited free printing, relaxation rooms, a coffee bar and lounge, and member events.
- 230 South Broad St: 230 South Broad St 17th Floor Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Coworking: starting at $428/mo
- Private office: starting at $833/mo
7. Design Hive Starts at $350/mo.
Design Hive markets itself as an upscale coworking location for entrepreneurs, consultants, and specialized professionals.
Design Hive operates over three floors, and it offers a conference room, a private masseuse space, a kitchenette, phone rooms, ergonomic chairs, printing, and a bike rack.
- 1905 Spruce St: 1905 Spruce St Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Dedicated desk: $350/mo
- Private office: $500/mo
Which Coworking Service Should I Use?
Whether you work in graphic design, software development, or any other field that calls for a remote workspace, we trust that WeWork will have an office in Philadelphia that suits your needs.
That said, if you’re looking for the least expensive coworking space possible, or perhaps an office in a specific part of town, there are many other worthwhile options on this list. We encourage you to compare prices, locations, amenities, and other important factors before deciding which coworking space is right for you.