Zyro Website Builder Review - Summary
- The Editor Dashboard is very user-friendly, even for beginners.
- One of the most affordable platforms on the market.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) tools for generating a logo, writing content text, and importing pages.
- Easy access to royalty-free images within the Editor Dashboard
- Template customizability is somewhat limited.
- No free plan (you can design a page for free but must subscribe to a paid plan to publish your page).
- AI-written content is very basic.
Compared to Other Website Builders
Zyro is among the easiest website builders to use. The Editor Dashboard is highly intuitive, and Zyro provides a reasonably extensive collection of articles and tutorial videos to help navigate the site.
On the other hand, websites created with Zyro do not offer some of the customization options found on other platforms. Zyro still offers incredible value, considering its features and the low cost of a Zyro plan.
Zyro Website Builder Pricing
You can construct a Zyro website for free, but you must sign up for a paid plan before you publish the site. It is essential to know all about Zyro prices and the features included with each plan level to ensure that your website meets your budget and offers all the functionalities your business needs.
So how much does Zyro cost? We will break down Zyro’s pricing structure to give you an idea of what it would cost to build a website for your small business.
The Zyro Basic Plan - $2.90/Month
The Zyro Basic plan includes the tools and features to get your business website started.
- 3GB bandwidth - helps your website load quickly for visitors
- 1GB storage - provides plenty of space for the images, videos, text, and other elements you want to display on your website
- Domain connection - if you have your own domain, you can connect it to your website
- Designer templates - choose the layout you find most attractive and customize it for your business
- Free web hosting - server space to store your site
- Custom favicon - create an icon to represent your brand; displays on browser address bars and bookmark lists
- No Zyro ads - your page will be free from any Zyro ads
- Money-back guarantee - if you are unsatisfied with Zyro’s services you can receive a full refund
Branding and SEO Offerings
- Free email - create a professional email branded for your business
- SSL certificate - security verification that deters hacking and increases search engine optimization (SEO).
- SEO-optimized templates - all Zyro templates are designed to boost SEO
- AI branding tools - Zyro’s AI can help you create a business name, logo, slogan, and even text for your website
- Blogging tools - increase your site’s traffic with quality content and create brand awareness
Who Is the Basic Plan Best For?
The Zyro Basic plan is perfect for artists or writers who want an eye-catching website to display their work. It also works well as an online resume or CV.
Small business owners who don’t plan to sell products in an online store may want to start with the Zyro Basic plan, especially if they have never built a website before. You can upgrade your plan at any time.
Zyro Basic Plan
Check out the Zyro Basic plan for $2.90 per month.
The Zyro Unleashed Plan - $3.90/Month
The Zyro Unleashed plan includes all of the features of the Zyro Basic plan, upgrades some of them, and adds integrations for analytics and customer support.
- Unlimited bandwidth - makes it possible to scale your business and accommodate increasing numbers of visitors to your site
- Unlimited storage - never worry about having enough space for media on your page
- Free domain for one year - create a free domain name that reflects your brand
- Code embedding - you can smoothly integrate code for handy extensions like calendars, music players, and document viewers
- Messenger live chat - allows you to communicate directly with visitors through Facebook Messenger
- Google Analytics - collects user data, allowing you to analyze your traffic and improve your site accordingly
- Facebook Pixel - track Facebook ad performance
- Google Tag Manager - add and manage marketing tags on your website
- Visitor remarketing - targets people who visited your website but didn’t convert to convince them to re-engage
- Stripe payment - one of the world’s most popular payment gateways
- WhatsApp live chat - provides direct communication with visitors through the popular social media chat platform
Who Is the Unleashed Plan Best For?
The Zyro Unleashed plan is ideal for small businesses like agencies and restaurants with no need for an online store.
It is also a good solution for any small business that predicts many daily visitors on its website.
Zyro Unleashed Plan
Check out the Zyro Unleashed plan for $3.90 per month.
The Zyro Ecommerce Plan - $9.90/Month
The Zyro Ecommerce plan is designed for businesses that need an online store to sell a limited number of products.
The Zyro Ecommerce plan offers all of the core features of the Zyro Unleashed plan plus the following offerings.
- Sell up to 100 products - your online store can offer a variety of products on one of Zyro’s eye-catching online store template options
- Accept payments online - makes checkout easy for your customers
- Commission-free - Zyro charges no sales fees
- Email notifications - send out order status emails featuring your company’s branding
- Discount coupons - you can send coupons to customers through email or post discount codes on your site
- Gift cards - your customers can purchase gift cards for your business through your site
- Order management - a user-friendly dashboard for keeping track of orders
- Shipping and tax management - keep track of all shipping and automatically attach invoices to confirmation emails
- Multiple payment options - your customers can pay through all of the most popular avenues, including major credit cards, PayPal, iDeal, PayU, and more.
Ideal Users of This Plan
The Zyro Ecommerce plan is ideal for businesses that are just beginning to sell items online or have a limited number of products to offer.
Zyro Ecommerce Plan
Check out the Zyro Ecomerce plan for $9.90 per month.
The Zyro Ecommerce Plus Plan - $14.90/Month
The Zyro Ecommerce Plus plan upgrades specific features of the Zyro Ecommerce plan and offers extra features.
The Zyro Ecommerce Plus plan offers all of the core features of the Zyro Ecommerce plan along with the following premium offerings and benefits.
Premium Ecommerce Offerings
- 2500 products - sell hundreds of individual items in your online store
- Abandoned cart recovery - users who abandon a cart can return to a pre-loaded cart
- Multiple languages - your store can be viewed in virtually any language
- Product filters - allows customers to search products according to specifications like price, size, availability, and more
- Facebook Shop - integration to sell your wares on Facebook
- Instagram Store - integration to sell your products on Instagram
- Amazon integration - manage your Amazon sales through your Zyro site (USA only)
Ideal Users of This Plan
The Zyro Ecommerce Plus plan is ideal for established online sellers who need to feature many products in their Zyro online stores.
Zyro Ecommerce Plus Plan
Check out the Zyro Ecomerce Plus plan for $14.90 per month.
How Simple Is the Zyro Website Builder?
The Zyro Website Builder is one of the easiest platforms for beginners to learn. Its drag-and-drop Editor Dashboard is highly intuitive, and most customization takes place with self-explanatory menus that open when you click on the section you want to alter.
The simplicity of building a website on Zyro is a point in its favor for those who find web design a little tricky. The tradeoff for that simplicity is a lack of customization options that other platforms offer, but this is a trade most first-time website designers will probably find acceptable.
Getting Started and Customization
Go to Zyro.com and click on the blue “Get Started” button. Enter your email address, then press the “Continue” button. Create a password, then press the “Create Account” button.
After you create your Zyro account, the following screen will give you three options: “Use a template,” “Use our AI website generator,” or “Import an existing website.” Note that the third option is still in beta testing.
The first option is traditional for website creation platforms. You choose a pre-made template, then adjust it according to your specific needs.
The second option is unique to Zyro. For an AI-generated template, you enter specific information about the kind of website you need, and the AI generator creates a few templates for you to choose from.
For the first option, click the “Choose a Template” button. This will take you to a page presenting various template options.
You can search templates with the search bar at the top of the page or by industry in the tabs above the template photos. You can also choose to “Start from scratch” with a blank template.
When you hover over a template photo, two buttons appear: “Start Building” and “Preview.” To view the entire template, click “Preview.”
Once you have chosen the template you want to use, click “Start Building.”
To use the second, AI-generated option, click “Generate Website.” The next page will ask, “What type of website are you building?” then invite you to “Enter a website category” in the search field.
Find the category that best matches your business, then click on it.
The next page will ask, “Which features should your website have?” and invite you to “Select all the functions you need.”
You can choose to add the following:
- Online Store
- Contact Form
- Subscription Form
- Instagram Feed
Don’t worry if this list doesn’t include some of the features you want on your site; you can add more features at any time.
Once you have clicked the checkbox at the top left corner of each feature you want to be included, click the black “Continue” button in the bottom right corner.
The next page will present you with three AI-generated layouts. To select the one you like best, hover over the design and click the blue “Choose this design” link that appears above it.
Creating and Changing Zyro Content
Once you have chosen a template for your Zyro business website, the Editor Dashboard will automatically open. From here, you can change the current elements of your website and add new ones.
Adding a Section to Zyro
To add a section to your page, hover your cursor near the border between the two existing sections where you would like to place the new section. When the blue “+Add Section” button appears, click on it.
A menu of section types will open. You can click the kind of section you want to add, then browse the pre-made layouts Zyro offers.
You can also add a blank section and customize it as you see fit.
Adding New Pages
To add a new page to your site, click the “Pages and Navigation” icon, the top icon on the toolbar on the left side of the Editor Dashboard, then click the “Add Page” button at the bottom of the menu.
A new window will appear, which will allow you to add a blank page or import one from another URL.
Flexibility & Expandability
We define flexibility and expandability as the answer to this question: Can this website builder effectively grow alongside your business’s and website’s needs over time?
The following tools are included with any Zyro plan unless otherwise noted.
- Drag-and-drop Editor Dashboard
- Free domain name for one year (not included with the Zyro Basic plan)
- No Zyro ads on your website
- Custom favicon
- Ability to expand bandwidth and storage by upgrading your plan
- Analytics tools
- SSL certificate
- Money-back guarantee
- Access to designer templates
- AI branding tools for creating a logo, importing pages, and writing text box content
- Blogging tools
- SEO-optimized templates
- Free email
While you cannot directly change the template for your Zyro website, you can create a new page with the template you want to use. Then you must import your website one page at a time with the AI Page Importer tool:
Zyro Add-Ons and Plug-Ins
You can expand the functionality of your website with integrations known as add-ons or plug-ins.
Zyro is compatible with several popular integrations. This compatibility is available with any paid plan level.
Zyro offers a reasonable number of core features and integrations with the most popular plug-ins.
Your website’s storage and bandwidth can be upgraded at any time by moving to a higher pricing level.
Although changing Zyro templates is not as simple as it could be, it is possible without too much hassle.
Zyro does not offer compatibility with the sheer volume of plug-ins and add-ons that other platforms provide.
Zyro Website Builder SEO
Zyro offers several SEO-boosting features, as well as SEO-optimized templates.
Basic SEO Features
Zyro provides a few basic features that boost SEO to improve your website’s ranking on popular search engines.
- Speedy loading - popular search engines favor pages that load quickly
- Cloud hosting - because your website is stored in the cloud, it is much less likely to experience downtime
- Mobile optimization - because an increasing number of users access websites through mobile devices, your website needs to render well on smaller screens
- Meta tags - adding these labels to the media on your site increases your ranking on search engine results pages (SERPs)
- Analytics - access to Google Analytics tools allows you to keep track of your traffic and find ways to improve it
- SSL security - a secured site is more trustworthy and will be favored by popular search engines
Zyro Website Builder SEO Summary
All Zyro’s templates are designed with SEO-boosting in mind. Zyro also offers a selection of features to increase traffic.
In its infancy, Zyro received several negative reviews for its customer support. Reviewers and users were especially disappointed with slow responses from the customer support team.
More recent reviews have acknowledged that Zyro has improved in this area.
The Editor Dashboard does offer several articles and tutorial videos that can help navigate the website-building process, as well as a chat function to connect with customer service.
If you’re still unsure whether Zyro is the right website builder for your small business’s needs, check out our reviews of these other platforms to see if one seems to fit the bill for your company.
Zyro Website Builder Review - Conclusion
Zyro is a simple, user-friendly website creator. You can create a site with this platform in a matter of hours. Zyro also offers some of the lowest pricing on the market.
Zyro websites are not as customizable as those made with some other platforms. Still, Zyro offers the ability to easily create an attractive, straightforward website at a competitive price, even with little to no experience in website design.
Who Should Use This Tool?
- Small, local businesses
- Business owners with little online experience
- Businesses on a tight budget
Who Shouldn’t Use This Tool?
- Businesses that need advanced plug-ins and high customizability in a website
- Website designers looking to add pages that move beyond the basics
- Companies that need to change website templates often to feature different layouts