Swyft Filings Pros & Cons
- Unlike most competitors who offer nonprofit formation services at the industry standard $99 price point, Swyft slashes that in half with a $49 base package.
- They have 8,000+ customer reviews and they maintain excellent average scores. It’s nearly impossible to beat their feedback.
- Swyft Filings assigns a Business Specialist to every customer. This means you’ll have the direct phone number and email address for your specialist, so every time you have an issue you’ll talk to the same person who understands the unique needs of your business.
- Their turnaround times live up to the “Swyft” moniker, with nonprofit formations that are up to twice as fast as their competitors.
- With their 100% satisfaction guarantee, they’ll refund your money if you’re unsatisfied for any reason.
- For nonprofits on a tight budget, they offer installment payment plans on formation packages.
- They don’t offer registered agent service with any of their nonprofit formation packages. While this isn’t nearly as common as it is with for LLC formation, for example, many competitors do still bundle registered agent at no extra charge with nonprofit filings.
Swyft Filings Nonprofit Pricing & Features
With Swyft Filings, you have 3 packages to choose from for your nonprofit formation ranging from $49 to $299: Basic, Standard and Premium. This screenshot from their website gives you a nice quick overview:
Basic = $49 + State FeesWhat It Includes: This package contains the nonprofit formation essentials, like a company name availability check, and the preparation and filing of your Articles of Incorporation. In addition, you’ll receive a 30-minute business tax consult, along with access to their ComplianceGuard company alerts tool.
Who It’s Right For: If all you need is nonprofit formation without any extras, the Swyft Filings Basic package is one of the least expensive options available in the industry.
Standard = $149 + State FeesWhat It Includes: Everything from the Basic package, plus a federal tax ID number (EIN) that enables you to do things like hire employees and file business taxes, as well as custom corporate bylaws that dictate your company’s internal rules, a custom banking resolution to open financial accounts, and custom minutes to record your important meetings.
Who It’s Right For: Most businesses do require an EIN, and seeing as it costs $70 to add on its own, bundling it with these custom forms for another $30 is a smart way to acquire it.
Premium = $299 + State FeesWhat It Includes: Everything from the Standard package, with a nonprofit kit and seal to keep your company documents organized, electronic document delivery, 3 months of web hosting, electronic delivery of your formation papers, express filing which cuts about 30% off your turnaround time, and FedEx shipping with a tracking number.
Who It’s Right For: This is kind of an odd collection of features, so it’s hard to widely recommend unless you were planning on getting all this stuff anyway.
Recommended PackageIf you’re going to use Swyft Filings, I personally recommend the Standard package. It adds an EIN and some convenient custom forms, and at $149 it’s still quite affordable.
With nearly 9,000 online reviews and very few unsatisfied customers, Swyft Filings excels in the realm of customer feedback. Their many satisfied clients praise Swyft for how quickly they work and how much they simplify the entire process.
Customer Reviews Section Last Updated 8-15-17
How Swyft Filings Compares
Considering that I’ve invested so much time into researching nonprofit formation services, I’ve discovered that some of them are better deals than others. Of course, our goal is still to discern which one has the features you want at the price you need.
Swyft Filings is a strong contender for nonprofit formation service because of their fantastic customer reviews and their low price points. Still, it’s always a good idea to keep an eye on the competition, so let’s see how they stack up to Harbor Compliance, my personal favorite provider.
Pricing: Harbor Compliance is what I refer to as a premium service provider, and their $1,499 base cost reflects that, especially when compared to Swyft Filings $49 starting point.
Features: With Harbor Compliance, every nonprofit formation package includes the preparation and filing of your 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status application, an EIN, a full year of registered agent service, and they also guarantee that your state will accept your nonprofit as filed by Harbor Compliance.
Customer Support: I’ve always received quality customer service from Swyft Filings reps, but it’s difficult to match the support you get with Harbor Compliance. Every customer receives a Compliance Specialist who stays with you every step of the way. If you have a question or concern, you call or email the same person every time, eliminating wasted time due to repeated explanations!
Experience: Harbor Compliance and Swyft Filings both opened for business in 2012.
HERE'S A QUICK VISUAL
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I File a Nonprofit Independently?
What’s Their Refund Policy?
How Secure Is Swyft Filings?
Do They Offer Ongoing Support?
Should You Use Swyft Filings?