Welcome to our SunDoc Filings Review where we look at their platform, pricing, their best features and more to help you decide if they’re a partner you need when it comes to the incorporation process and beyond. First, a quick breakdown,
SunDoc Filings has been in business since 1999. As a public record filing and retrieval service provider, they cater to both professional companies and entrepreneurs looking to incorporate specifically in California, but also nationwide.”
Another quick point regarding this SunDoc Filings review. Typically we embed screenshots and images to compliment the information, but frankly, their website is pretty outdated and VERY text-heavy. Do they have all the information you need or could need to better understand what they do? Absolutely, but it’s not well-formatted and there are essentially no example images, packaging graphs, or aesthetics whatsoever to break apart the walls of text.
Just an FYI. That said, let’s dive in.
What you need to know about SunDoc Filings
SunDoc Filings is an excellent option for incorporating a business. However, you should know about some of its pros and cons to determine whether this service company is the right option for you.
Our favorite features
- While majority of incorporation companies mail state filings, SunDoc submits their clients’ filings over the counter on the same day.
- To facilitate a more efficient filing process in other states, SunDoc has partnered with a select number of companies to act as their correspondents. This ensures that filings and retrievals are not delayed or mismanaged in other states where the company isn’t physically located.
- Employs a user-friendly order management system that ensures error-free and efficient processing of orders. The order system also has an accounts history section where you can access documents, download invoices, and search reports.
- SunDoc has a great customer service staff you can talk to anytime… during business office hours!
- SunDoc charges $30 more than IncFile, another great incorporation service company alternative. For IncFile’s Silver package at $49, you can get incorporated right away.
- Although SunDoc employs an over-the-counter filings in California, it’s not the case in every state.
- Registered Agent services come with an additional fee. Our favorite provider, who we’ll mention in a moment gives you a year free. Many providers do.
- Customer reviews for SunDoc Filings run the gauntlet from exceedingly satisfied and grateful to downright angry.
SunDoc Filings Pricing
As far as the SunDoc Filings website, there are no pricing packages indicated for incorporation services. However, you can request for the available filing package by contacting their customer support team.
- SunDoc has indicated though that you can incorporated for just $79 plus state fees.
- The $79 covers the standard name check availability, the processing fee, and a few other options base on the package you choose.
SunDoc features a Peace of Mind Guarantee with three available options. If you’re not contented with the service SunDoc has rendered, you can contact them so they can immediately correct the issue, give you a refund, or provide you with credit for any future order. The refund can only be provided if it is established that SunDoc is at fault.
Is SunDoc Filings Right For You?
At the end of the day, what matters is choosing the right service company that fits your specific business requirements. Check whether SunDoc is for you or not.
Who Should Use SunDoc?
- SunDoc is ideal for businesses looking to incorporate in California. Its close proximity to the Capitol building facilitates over-the-counter fast filings. Document runners often go to the Capitol building as much as three times per day.
- For entrepreneurs who need to closely monitor the incorporation of their business, SunDoc’s user-friendly order management system and experienced customer service team can be very handy for you.
- If you want a free California Corporation bylaws, SunDoc is the service company for you.
Who Should NOT Use SunDoc?
- SunDoc isn’t for you if you’re looking for the most affordable incorporation service provider. You can look into IncFile, which is a good alternative that incorporates a business for just $49 with 1 year free Registered Agent.
- SunDoc does not offer any FREE Registered Agent services. This service is a separate one and requires an additional charge.
- If you are particular about positive customer reviews, the hits and misses of SunDoc’s might make you think twice and consider other alternatives.
If this is really floating your boat and you would like to have a look for yourself, then by all means hop on over to www.SunDocumentFilings.com.
Now, a second option to consider that’s less expensive, has far more to offer in our opinion, and a much more polished website is IncFile. We used them to open Startup Savant’s doors and still work with their team today. Here, have a look at what they include in all of their packages.
IncFile Or SunDoc Filings