SunDoc Filings Pros & Cons
- If you’re looking to form an LLC in California, SunDoc Filings is a no-brainer. They offer sample California corporate bylaws and LLC operating agreements for free, and they have some unique state-specific filing options as well.
- They visit the California Secretary of State’s office 3 times a day, offering same-day submissions if you can afford the $335 rush filing fee. It’s costly, but no one’s touching that speed.
- They have fabulous customer feedback that’s tough to beat, with a 9.6/10 out of nearly 800 reviews on TrustPilot.
- At $79, their base rate is on the low end of the LLC formation service industry.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee covers any issue caused by SunDoc Filings. If they make a mistake on your paperwork, you won’t pay for it.
- SunDoc Filings does not include registered agent service with any of their packages, unlike some competitors like IncFile. If you want to add registered agent, it’s $149 which is higher than most.
- Their website is packed with information, but it’s not as user-friendly or sleek as the competition’s sites.
SunDoc Filings LLC Pricing & Features
SunDoc Filings gives you 3 options when it comes to forming an LLC: Pro, Basic or Complete. Check out the differences between them in the screenshot below.
Pro = $79 + State FeeWhat It Includes: SunDoc Filings refers to this package as being “designed for frequent filers.” You upload your pre-prepared documents, and they file them for you. They also provide a handy checklist so you don’t forget any steps in your formation.
Who It’s Right For: Entrepreneurs who have already filled out their documents and simply need someone to file them.
Basic = $99 + State FeeWhat It Includes: Everything in Pro package, plus they’ll prepare your documents on your behalf and do a name availability check.
Who It’s Right For: If you only require the essentials, but don’t want to fill out your own paperwork, this package is for you.
Complete = $279 + State FeeWhat It Includes: Everything in Basic package, along with a federal tax ID number (EIN) that enables you to hire employees, open a business bank account, file taxes, etc. You also get an LLC kit and seal to authenticate corporate documents.
Who It’s Right For: I’m not sure how else to say it, so I’ll just say “no one.” The Complete tier costs $180 more than Basic, but you can add on the EIN ($70) and LLC kit/seal ($99) for $169 total. Unless I’m missing something, the only other additional feature of the Complete tier seems to be “handing them an extra $11.”
Recommended PackageI prefer the Basic package. It only costs another $20 above the Pro package to have SunDoc Filings fill out all your paperwork for you, as opposed to doing it yourself. From there, just add on the extra features you’ll need.
SunDoc Filings Customer Reviews
This is where SunDoc Filings really shines, because their customers absolutely love them. It’s nearly impossible to find critical reviews, as for instance 769 of their 789 reviews on TrustPilot are positive. Their happy customers often talk about how convenient and quick their services are.
Customer Reviews Section Last Updated 7-25-17
How SunDoc Filings Compares
With how much time I’ve invested into researching LLC formation services, I’ve noticed who offers the best value for the price. Of course, the whole reason we’re here is to figure out which provider hits the sweet spot of features and cost for your needs.
SunDoc Filings is a top LLC formation service thanks to their incredible customer reviews and their perks for California filings. It’s still always a good idea to see what the competition’s up to, so let’s take a look at my personal favorite, IncFile.
Pricing: IncFile’s base rate is just $49, a savings of $30 over SunDoc Filings Pro and $50 over Basic.
Features: IncFile’s basic package includes document prep, as well as a full year of registered agent service, a $149 add-on with SunDoc Filings. Also, IncFile offers a business tax consultation with any formation package. If you were to just look at features, IncFile actually offers a lot more.
Turnaround Time: Filing times are pretty even between the two companies, except SunDoc Filings obviously has an advantage for California filing.
Customer Support: Both of these providers are well regarded when it comes to customer service, and they both keep the same phone support hours. The only real difference is that IncFile has live chat on their website, but SunDoc Filings does not.
Years In Operation: SunDoc Filings opened in 1999, serving mostly regional California businesses. On the other hand, IncFile has helped form 150,000+ businesses since 2004. (Note: I did reach out to SunDoc Filings to ask how many businesses they’ve formed so far, but never got a reply.)
HERE'S A QUICK VISUAL
IncFilePricing Starts at $49
SunDoc FilingsPricing Starts at $79
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Just Form a Business Myself?
Are There Any Hidden Fees?
Is My Information Secure?
Does SunDoc Filings Offer Ongoing Support?
Should You Use SunDoc Filings?