Some Pros & Cons of StudioPress
- Their approach to SEO is truly next-level, with the kind of seamless integration every business can benefit from. Your site will have incredibly valuable SEO functionalities built in, making for a much easier user experience.
- StudioPress includes basic SSL security certificates at no extra charge. Most other website builders consider these an add-on.
- Their 24/7 customer service department is staffed by WordPress professionals, making StudioPress a great option for folks who need a little coaching.
- They were awarded “Fastest WordPress Hosting” of 2017, which is pretty impressive considering how many WordPress hosting services are out there.
- Like most website builders, they suffer from the occasional bugs.
- Using a service like StudioPress instead of self-hosting offers less freedom and customization opportunities.
Pricing & Features
StudioPress offers two package options: Content and Commerce. Let’s take a look at each.
The Content Package = $27/mo.This plan is designed for folks who are focused on simply creating online content rather than running an eCommerce store. Here are a few benefits of the Content package:
- Their Content Optimizer feature helps you improve your copy to be more pleasing to readers and search engines alike, leading to more customers and revenue for your business.
- Your site will perform much better than it would through a mega-hoster or self-hosting.
- Their plug-ins can be installed with a single click, without all the coding hassle of open-source style.
The Commerce Package = $37/mo.If you’re hoping to start selling products (digital or physical) or monetizing through subscriptions, the Commerce package is waiting. You’ll get all the standard features of the Content package, along with a suite of eCommerce-specific features. Here are a few things we like about it:
- The coding is simple and streamlined, leading to faster performance and fewer technical problems.
- The themes included in this package are not only mobile-responsive, but also intuitive and beautiful.
- Along with top-notch customer service, they offer tons of tutorial videos and other educational resources to help you troubleshoot any problems you may encounter.
Recommended PackageWe love that StudioPress makes it easy for customers to determine which package best suits them by tailoring their package options around two distinct sets of needs. If you are looking to run an eCommerce store right off the bat, try out their Commerce package. Otherwise, the Content package should be sufficient. Pretty simple and straightforward!
Oddly enough, StudioPress doesn’t have much customer feedback on typical review platforms like TrustPilot, Google or Shopper Approved, but we’ve included the reviews we did find below:
Customer reviews as of 9-25-2017:Themegrade.com: 7/10, 40 votes
Of these reviews, most are positive. StudioPress users seem to appreciate the functionality and the aesthetic of their themes. The main complaint people have submitted is that the StudioPress platform is somewhat complex, which is great news for web developers but not less tech-savvy folks seeking complete automation.
How Does StudioPress Compare?
StudioPress is by far the most WordPress-focused website builder on the market, but there are tons of other services out there that can help you build a business website, too. Wix is a great alternative with just as much functionality. Let’s set them side by side to give you a more well-rounded perspective!
Pricing: If you’re looking for the most cost-effective option, Wix is the way to go. Their month-to-month plans for entrepreneurs start at only $16/mo, which is significantly less than StudioPress $27/mo price point.
Features: StudioPress offers more customization and a unique approach to SEO, including built-in keyword research tools and responsive codes to help your website load quickly. When it comes to features, StudioPress wins.
Customer Support: Studiopress’ customer service team offered us this helpful graphic detailing the level of support you’ll typically receive for each of their services:
Wix has a robust help center too, but we found it difficult to actually get in touch with a team member. You can submit a contact request on either website, though!
Number of Businesses Served: Wix is the winner in this category, with just over 100 million users currently. StudioPress is doing pretty well too, with more than 200,000 users.
Here's a Quick Breakdown
WixPricing Starts at $16/month
StudioPressPricing Starts at $27/month
Frequently Asked Questions
How easy is it to set up?
Is there a trial/free version?
What’s their refund policy?
Should You Use StudioPress?