Looking to build a WordPress website for your business, but unsure how to go about it? There are tons of website builders on the market, but StudioPress is the only all-in-one service for WordPress users -- and it’s become an incredibly popular choice for entrepreneurs without in-house web designers.
In this StudioPress website builder review, we’ll talk pros and cons, pricing and features, customer reviews and more to help you decide whether or not they’re the right provider for your business. Enjoy!
Pros & Cons of StudioPress
Pros of StudioPress
- Their approach to SEO is truly next-level, with the kind of seamless integration every business can benefit from. Your site will have incredibly valuable SEO functionalities built in, making for a much easier user experience.
- StudioPress includes basic SSL security certificates at no extra charge. Most other website builders consider these an add-on.
- Their 24/7 customer service department is staffed by WordPress professionals, making StudioPress a great option for folks who need a little coaching.
- They were awarded “Fastest WordPress Hosting” of 2017, which is pretty impressive considering how many WordPress hosting services are out there.
Cons of StudioPress
- Like most website builders, they suffer from occasional bugs.
- Using a service like StudioPress instead of self-hosting offers less freedom and customization opportunities.
Based on everything we’ve discussed, we’ll give StudioPress 4.8/5 stars. They offer two super-complete packages to help you build and sustain a successful WordPress site. To learn more about StudioPress or check out some alternatives, use either of the links below. Cheers!
30-day Money Back Guarantee
Pricing & Features
StudioPress offers two package options: Content and Commerce. Let’s take a look at each.
The Content Package = $27/mo.
This plan is designed for folks who are focused on simply creating online content rather than running an eCommerce store. Here are a few benefits of the Content package:
- Their Content Optimizer feature helps you improve your copy to be more pleasing to readers and search engines alike, leading to more customers and revenue for your business.
- Your site will perform much better than it would through a mega-hoster or self-hosting.
- Their plug-ins can be installed with a single click, without all the coding hassle of open-source style.
When to Use: I’d recommend this package to most businesses that focus more on content creation than selling products online.
The Commerce Package = $37/mo.
If you’re hoping to start selling products (digital or physical) or monetizing through subscriptions, the Commerce package is waiting. You’ll get all the standard features of the Content package, along with a suite of eCommerce-specific features. Here are a few things we like about it:
- The coding is simple and streamlined, leading to faster performance and fewer technical problems.
- The themes included in this package are not only mobile-responsive, but also intuitive and beautiful.
- Along with top-notch customer service, they offer tons of tutorial videos and other educational resources to help you troubleshoot any problems you may encounter.
When to Use: Again, this package is geared toward eCommerce, so it’s the ideal choice for folks who are looking to sell products online rather than just create an informational business website.
We love that StudioPress makes it easy for customers to determine which package best suits them by tailoring their package options around two distinct sets of needs. If you are looking to run an eCommerce store right off the bat, try out their Commerce package. Otherwise, the Content package should be sufficient. Pretty simple and straightforward!
Oddly enough, StudioPress doesn’t have much customer feedback on typical review platforms like TrustPilot, Google or Shopper Approved, but we’ve included the reviews we did find below:
Customer reviews as of 9-25-2017:
Themegrade.com: 7/10, 40 votes
Of these reviews, most are positive. StudioPress users seem to appreciate the functionality and the aesthetic of their themes. The main complaint people have submitted is that the StudioPress platform is somewhat complex, which is great news for web developers but not less tech-savvy folks seeking complete automation.
StudioPress is by far the most WordPress-focused website builder on the market, but there are tons of other services out there that can help you build a business website, too. Wix is a great alternative with just as much functionality. Let’s set them side by side to give you a more well-rounded perspective!
Pricing: If you’re looking for the most cost-effective option, Wix is the way to go. Their month-to-month plans for entrepreneurs start at only $16/mo, which is significantly less than StudioPress $27/mo price point.
Features: StudioPress offers more customization and a unique approach to SEO, including built-in keyword research tools and responsive codes to help your website load quickly. When it comes to features, StudioPress wins.
Customer Support: Studiopress’ customer service team offered us this helpful graphic detailing the level of support you’ll typically receive for each of their services:
Wix has a robust help center too, but we found it difficult to actually get in touch with a team member. You can submit a contact request on either website, though!
Number of Businesses Served: Wix is the winner in this category, with just over 100 million users currently. StudioPress is doing pretty well too, with more than 200,000 users.
Here's a Quick Breakdown
Pricing starts at $16/month
100 million users so far
Perfect for: Anyone looking for DIY type website builders with great marketing tools & user-interface
Pricing starts at $27/month
200,000+ users so far
Perfect for: Anyone looking for the best SEO, responsive design & airtight security features
Frequently Asked Questions
How easy is it to set up?
Quite. Simply pick a plan, fill out your contact info, complete the transaction and you’ll be well on your way to building a great WordPress website.
Is there a trial/free version?
Nope, unfortunately not.
What’s their refund policy?
They offer a 30-day 100% money-back guarantee!
Should You Use StudioPress?
Based on everything we’ve discussed, we’ll give StudioPress 4.8/5 stars. They offer two super-complete packages to help you build and sustain a successful WordPress site. That being said, if this doesn’t sound like your perfect fit, check out our Best Website Builders for Small Businesses review. Cheers!