1. LivePlan - $11.66 to $19.95/month
Starting off with our number one pick, LivePlan has a ton of amazing features available. We’ve started using their business planning software on day one, and are still impressed with how many tools they offer. Some of our personal favorites include:
- Daily Performance Tracking: As you prepare your business plan and get ready to pitch your idea to potential investors, LivePlan’s intuitive dashboard tracks and monitors you progress. And as you business progresses, you can use these same features to see how you fare in comparison to original financial forecasts.
- Drag-and-Drop Forecasting: In order to help you keep track of sales data, LivePlan has created Drag-and-Drop Forecasting, which allows you to easily chart your sales over time. This graphing tool gives users the opportunity to instantly visualize their profits through one platform.
- Industry Comparisons: Once you have an idea in mind, LivePlan helps you put that plan into action. You can set up milestones that correspond to industry standards, and check them off as you get closer and closer to launching your business venture.
But there are so many others available through their main package, which starts at $19.95. However, there’s a number of ways to save even more on their subscription package. If you opt for their yearly plan, you can save 40%. And through the link below, you can shave off 25% off your first 3 months.
2. Enloop - Free to $39.95/month
Moving on to our second choice, Enloop offers a solution that’s great for spotting any potential issues with your business plan. They’ve developed a several metrics to quantify how strong your business plan is and how it stacks up against the competition. And you’ll have a number of those metrics and tools at your disposal, such as:
- Performance Scoring: Enloop created their performance scoring tool to help you see areas of improvement as you create your business plan. You start out with a base score, and as you include positive financial measures the number increases. The higher your number, the more sound your business plan.
- Report Card: Along with their performance score, Enloop created their report card feature to show how financially sound you business plan once you’ve finished. They’ll rate it based on three crucial metrics, so you know all the important specs before you start presenting to investors.
- Financial Ratios: While you’re putting together the perfect, presentation ready business plan, let Enloop take care of your financial ratios. They generate a financial report based on your input so you can easily understand and input accurate ratios into your business plan.
Unlike LivePlan, Enloop offers multiple packages so you can pick and choose which features you’d like to have access to. Their initial setup is completely free and while it doesn’t have all of the capabilities that some of the more robust packages (ranging from $6-39.95 a month) do, it’s a great place to get started.
3. PlanGuru - $99/month or $899/year
Rounding out our countdown, our number three spot goes to none other than PlanGuru. PlanGuru offers business plan and budgeting services for small businesses as well as accountants/advisors, and has created their features with this versatility in mind. Some of our favorite features in both categories include:
- 20+ Forecasting Methods: Look at every angles of your finances with PlanGuru’s 20 different forecasting methods. This includes reports like sales, balance sheets and more.
- PlanGuru University: One of the things we love about StratPad is there commitment to educating new business owners. PlanGuru aspires to do the same with PlanGuru University, complete with syllabus, three week course and five case studies.
- Excel Integration: To make data entry even easier, PlanGuru allows you to import data directly from Excel files.
Now PlanGuru is definitely one of the pricier options in the industry, but with the number of tools available it's clear why. Their monthly plan for smaller businesses starts at $99 a month, but you can save 25% by paying yearly as opposed to monthly.
Ready to Jump In?
All of these alternatives make an excellent place to start your business plan and keep in on the right track at every turn. LivePlan remains our personal favorite, but all of these companies offer something fantastic to their customers. If you’d like to learn more about LivePlan, click the link below to be taken directly to their website. Cheers!