Best Vermont Registered Agent Services
BEST OVERALL VALUE
Northwest is our favorite registered agent service because of its transparent pricing, reliable service, and premium all-inclusive features:
- The first year free with their $29 LLC formation service
- A dedicated account manager
- Online annual report filing
- Free mail forwarding
- Same-day mail and document scanning/uploading
- Email and push notification reminders
- Required registered office address in Vermont
- State compliance monitoring
Our No. 1 Recommended Service
Northwest ($125/year) is the best registered agent service in Vermont owing to its affordability, reliability, excellent support, numerous services, and the simplicity of setting up an account.
1. Northwest ($125/year)
Northwest provides quality registered agent services to keep you compliant with Vermont business formation laws. You get your first year free when you use its Vermont LLC formation services ($29 + State Fees) to register your startup.
Northwest Registered Agent is known for placing its customers' privacy as its top priority. They develop devoted "Corporate Guides" for each customer to walk them through state policies and ensure they are always up to date on regulations. You can access to your documents online and will be notified in advance of important filing deadlines.
Northwest's registered agent service has premium online services, outstanding customer service, and zero hidden fees you're looking for.
More advantages of going with Northwest:
- Reliability — With their knowledgeable Corporate Guides at the helm, Northwest ensures that your services are consistently smooth.
- Privacy — Northwest never sells your data and totally commits to protecting your anonymity
- LLC Formation and More — In addition to their quality registered agent services and LLC filing, Northwest offers great additional features such as virtual mailboxes.
- Free Year of Services With Formation — Northwest offers the first year of registered agent service free with their LLC formation package.
- 24/7 Platform Accessibility — Access your documents anytime, anywhere
- Great Customer Reviews — Northwest is rated 4.7/5 stars on Google, and customers report that Northwest is “so welcoming” and that working with the company is an “amazing experience overall.”
- Their prices are not the lowest on the market; however, the services and customer support you receive make the cost worthwhile, plus, they offer one year free with LLC formation.
Northwest Pricing and Features
Get everything you need to stay compliant with Northwest, including:
- Easy sign-up through Northwest's secure website.
- Service of process — Northwest will receive legal and tax documents on your behalf and provide you with a physical registered agent address in Vermont
- Mail scanning and forwarding services
- Lifetime Corporate Guide assistance is available via telephone and email
- Compliance filing services (e.g, annual report preparation, etc.)
- Online platform for storing and retrieving documents and other mail
- Notification services to remind you of upcoming filing deadlines
Northwest provides low-fee registered agent services for entrepreneurs and startups, along with loyalty discounts and no hidden fees. With competitive rates and superb customer focus, many individuals and businesses trust Northwest's registered agent services.
For a more in-depth look at Northwest, check out our Northwest review.
2. ZenBusiness ($199/year)
While not as well-established nor as experienced as Northwest, ZenBusiness still offers a lot of value for its Vermont registered agent clients. For $199 per year, ZenBusiness handles all your legal and tax documents, making them available to you anytime through its online platform. ZenBusiness also provides notification alerts of upcoming filing deadlines and offers a website that is easy to navigate and place your order through.
Great for startups on a budget needing basic registered agent services, ZenBusiness offers lots of advantages:
- Friendly Customer Service — ZenBusiness has good customer reviews and provides quality services to its clients
- "Worry-Free Compliance" Guarantee — Receive alerts for filings that will keep your business in good standing with the state.
- Extra Services — You can add LLC formation (and additional helpful features) to your services for an extra fee.
- 24/7 Accessibility — Reach your online dashboard anywhere, any time.
- ZenBusiness doesn't offer a free year of registered agent services with their LLC formation services.
- ZenBusiness' prices are the highest on our list.
ZenBusiness Pricing and Features
ZenBusiness only costs $199 per year and guarantees to help you stay compliant with Vermont business formation laws, providing you with:
- Vermont service of process
- Online document storage (access anytime, anywhere)
- Secure handling of legal documents
- Reminders for when to file your annual report (with up to two free changes per year)
- Physical Vermont mail address
- Convenient LLC formation add-on services
ZenBusiness simplifies the startup process by offering affordable registered agent services statewide. And if you have any problems along the way, they will always have someone on hand to assist.
For a more in-depth look at ZenBusiness, check out our ZenBusiness review.
3. Incfile ($119/year)
Maintain Vermont state requirements with Incfile’s registered agent services. Incfile offers an easy online dashboard for viewing your legal and tax documents securely. Its registered agent service is adequate for most business needs, and its customer service experience is highly rated.
There are many advantages of using Incfile as your Vermont registered agent service provider, including:
- Backed by Customers — Incfile has a strong reputation for providing excellent customer service.
- Routine Compliance — With Incfile, you get basic registered agent services, including annual report notifications and compliance monitoring.
- One Year of Free Registered Agent Service — Get your first year of registered agent services free when you purchase Incfile’s LLC formation service.
- The price may not buy you as much value as what you get with other registered agent services in Vermont.
- Incfile has been known to change its terms and conditions without notice.
- Incfile does not offer many of the additional features or benefits that some of its competitors do.
Incfile Pricing and Features
Incfile registered agent services cost $119 per year for basic registered agent services, such as:
- Physical business address in Vermont
- Service of process
- Online platform for accessing documents 24/7
- Experienced staff to guide you through filings
- Extra services you can pay for (e.g., LLC formation, EINs, banking resolutions, etc.)
Incfile will help your business maintain compliance and meet state requirements at an affordable price, handling your legal and tax documents securely.
For a more in-depth look at Incfile, check out our Incfile review.
4. Rocket Lawyer ($149.99/year)
Rocket Lawyer is a reputable registered agent service that offers a wide range of legal services to businesses of all sizes. The company has been in operation since 2008 and has helped millions of people and businesses with their legal needs. Rocket Lawyer offers a free trial membership so you can test out its service before committing to a full membership.
Rocket Lawyer Pros
Rocket Lawyer offers a membership package that gives you access to legal forms and templates for navigating the legal side of running a business while serving as your registered agent in Vermont.
Some of the pros of Rocket Lawyer's services include:
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee — If you're not happy with your registered agent services, Rocket Lawyer will provide a full refund.
- Large Customer Base — Rocket Lawyer has helped over 7 million businesses, indicating a history of happy clients.
- Expert Legal Assistance — With Rocket Lawyer's network of legal professionals, you can rest assured that your business is in good hands.
Rocket Lawyer Cons
- If you're looking for the cheapest option available, Rocket Lawyer might not be for you. However, if you're looking for quality legal services, Rocket Lawyer is a great option, and their prices reflect this.
Rocket Lawyer Pricing and Features
Rocket Lawyer’s registered agent services run $149.99/year, giving you the following features:
- Service of process and Vermont-based registered agent address
- Email notifications and online access to legal notices
- Compliance assistance with the State of Vermont and reputation protection
- Experienced professional agents and access to attorney network when needed
- Member discounts on other services
- One year of free registered agent service when you sign up for Rocket Lawyer’s business bundle.
Rocket Lawyer’s registered agent services can help your business maintain compliance and meet state requirements affordably.
For a more in-depth look at Rocket Lawyer, check out our Rocket Lawyer review.
How to Change Registered Agents in Vermont
You may need to change your Vermont registered agent for a variety of reasons. Maybe you've relocated your business to another state and need to update your registered agent information. Or perhaps you're unhappy with your current registered agent service and want to switch to one of the recommended providers above.
Whatever the reason, changing your registered agent in Vermont is a relatively simple process:
1. Fill Out the Statement of Change of Registered Agent Form
Vermont LLCs must complete a Statement of Change of Registered Agent form in order to officially update their registered agent with the Vermont Secretary of State. This can be done online, in person, or by mail. The filing fee is $25 for LLCs. In order to file by mail or in person, you will need to request a form.
To add a registered agent service as your new point of contact, simply fill out the form with your new service’s information. If filing online, you can search for the registered agent service and have its information auto-populate.
2. Allow Change to Process
Your new registered agent will not be made official until your form is processed by the Vermont Secretary of State. According to the Secretary of State website, online filings are processed in about one business day, while mail-in filings take seven to ten business days.
Once your change request is processed, the Vermont Secretary of State will send you confirmation. At this point, the state will send all service of process to your new agent.
Looking for a reliable and affordable registered agent service? Northwest’s experienced team will make sure your documents are filed correctly (and on time) so you can focus on running your business. Plus, their low annual price makes them a great value for your money.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I be my own registered agent in Vermont?
Yes, you can be your own registered agent in Vermont, but as a registered agent, you must have a physical address in Vermont and be available during normal business hours to accept service of process and other correspondence.
Do all business entities in Vermont need a registered agent?
Most formal business entities in Vermont are required to have a registered agent. Exceptions may include informal structures like sole proprietorships. It is best practice to have one to avoid any legal complications down the road.
How much does a registered agent cost in Vermont?
The average cost of a registered agent in Vermont ranges from $100 to $300 per year. Costs ordinarily align with the registered agent services being offered.
What’s the cheapest way to start an LLC in Vermont?
The cheapest way to start an LLC in Vermont is to form it yourself. However, this method costs time, which could potentially cost you more in the long run. Check out our review of the best LLC services in Vermont to see if a professional service can help you out.
How much does it cost to change registered agents in Vermont?
It costs $25 to change your registered agent in Vermont as an LLC. This fee is paid to the Vermont Secretary of State when you file the Statement of Change of Registered Agent form.
How do I find the registered agent of a company in Vermont?
To find the registered agent of a Vermont business, check the Vermont Secretary of State website, where you can search for businesses by name or filing number. You can also try searching for the company in a public records database or directly asking the company.
Is it best to use a professional registered agent service?
A professional registered agent service offers state compliance for your limited liability company and most other Vermont business entity types. They provide a business address and business hours. Some nationwide registered agent service providers offer online accounts and free registered agent services with the purchase of a business formation package.