Best Florida Registered Agent Services
BEST OVERALL VALUE
Northwest is our favorite registered agent service because of its transparent pricing, reliable service, and premium all-inclusive features:
- The first year free with their $29 LLC formation service
- A dedicated account manager
- Online annual report filing
- Free mail forwarding
- Same-day mail and document scanning/uploading
- Email and push notification reminders
- Required registered office address in Florida
- State compliance monitoring
Our No. 1 Recommended Service
Northwest ($125/year) is the best registered agent service in Florida owing to its affordability, reliability, excellent support, numerous services, and the simplicity of setting up an account.
1. Northwest ($125/year)
Northwest provides quality registered agent services to keep you compliant with Florida business formation laws. You get your first year free when you use its Florida LLC formation services ($29 + State Fees) to register your startup.
Northwest Registered Agent is known for placing its customers' privacy as its top priority. They develop devoted "Corporate Guides" for each customer to walk them through state policies and ensure they are always up to date on regulations. You can access your documents online and will be notified in advance of important filing deadlines.
Northwest's registered agent service has premium online services, outstanding customer service, and zero hidden fees you're looking for.
More advantages of going with Northwest:
- Reliability — With their knowledgeable Corporate Guides at the helm, Northwest ensures that your services are consistently smooth.
- Privacy — Northwest never sells your data and totally commits to protecting your anonymity
- LLC Formation and More — In addition to their quality registered agent services and LLC filing, Northwest offers great additional features such as virtual mailboxes.
- Free Year of Services With Formation — Northwest offers the first year of registered agent service free with their LLC formation package.
- 24/7 Platform Accessibility — Access your documents anytime, anywhere
- Great Customer Reviews — Northwest is rated 4.7/5 stars on Google, and customers report that Northwest is “so welcoming” and that working with the company is an “amazing experience overall.”
- Their prices are not the lowest on the market; however, the services and customer support you receive make the cost worthwhile, plus, they offer one year free with LLC formation.
Northwest Pricing and Features
Get everything you need to stay compliant with Northwest, including:
- Easy sign-up through Northwest's secure website
- Service of process — Northwest will receive legal and tax documents on your behalf and provide you with a physical registered agent address in Florida
- Mail scanning and forwarding services
- Lifetime Corporate Guide assistance is available via telephone and email
- Compliance filing services (e.g, annual report preparation, etc.)
- Online platform for storing and retrieving documents and other mail
- Notification services to remind you of upcoming filing deadlines
Northwest provides low-fee registered agent services for entrepreneurs and startups, along with loyalty discounts and no hidden fees. With competitive rates and superb customer focus, many individuals and businesses trust Northwest's registered agent services.
For a more in-depth look at Northwest, check out our Northwest review.
2. ZenBusiness ($199/year)
While not as well-established nor as experienced as Northwest, ZenBusiness still offers a lot of value for its Florida registered agent clients. For $199 per year, ZenBusiness handles all your legal and tax documents, making them available to you anytime through its online platform. ZenBusiness also provides notification alerts of upcoming filing deadlines and offers a website that is easy to navigate and place your order through.
Great for startups on a budget needing basic registered agent services, ZenBusiness offers lots of advantages:
- Friendly Customer Service — ZenBusiness has good customer reviews and provides quality services to its clients
- "Worry-Free Compliance" Guarantee — Receive alerts for filings that will keep your business in good standing with the state.
- Extra Services — You can add LLC formation (and additional helpful features) to your services for an extra fee.
- 24/7 Accessibility — Reach your online dashboard anywhere, any time.
- ZenBusiness doesn't offer a free year of registered agent services with their LLC formation services.
- ZenBusiness' prices are the highest on our list.
ZenBusiness Pricing and Features
ZenBusiness only costs $199 per year and guarantees to help you stay compliant with Florida business formation laws, providing you with:
- Florida service of process
- Online document storage (access anytime, anywhere)
- Secure handling of legal documents
- Reminders for when to file your annual report (with up to two free changes per year)
- Physical Florida mail address
- Convenient LLC formation add-on services
ZenBusiness simplifies the startup process by offering affordable registered agent services statewide. And if you have any problems along the way, they will always have someone on hand to assist.
For a more in-depth look at ZenBusiness, check out our ZenBusiness review.
3. Incfile ($119/year)
Maintain Florida state requirements with Incfile’s registered agent services. Incfile offers an easy online dashboard for viewing your legal and tax documents securely. Its registered agent service is adequate for most business needs, and its customer service experience is highly rated.
There are many advantages of using Incfile as your Florida registered agent service provider, including:
- Backed by Customers — Incfile has a strong reputation for providing excellent customer service.
- Routine Compliance — With Incfile, you get basic registered agent services, including annual report notifications and compliance monitoring.
- One Year of Free Registered Agent Service — Get your first year of registered agent services free when you purchase Incfile’s LLC formation service.
- The price may not buy you as much value as what you get with other registered agent services in Florida.
- Incfile has been known to change its terms and conditions without notice.
- Incfile does not offer many of the additional features or benefits that some of its competitors do.
Incfile Pricing and Features
Incfile registered agent services cost $119 per year for basic registered agent services, such as:
- Physical business address in Florida
- Service of process
- Online platform for accessing documents 24/7
- Experienced staff to guide you through filings
- Extra services you can pay for (e.g., LLC formation, EINs, banking resolutions, etc.)
Incfile will help your business maintain compliance and meet state requirements at an affordable price, handling your legal and tax documents securely.
For a more in-depth look at Incfile, check out our Incfile review.
4. Rocket Lawyer ($149.99/year)
Rocket Lawyer is a reputable registered agent service that offers a wide range of legal services to businesses of all sizes. The company has been in operation since 2008 and has helped millions of people and businesses with their legal needs. Rocket Lawyer offers a free trial membership so you can test out its service before committing to a full membership.
Rocket Lawyer Pros
Rocket Lawyer offers a membership package that gives you access to legal forms and templates for navigating the legal side of running a business while serving as your registered agent in Florida.
Some of the pros of Rocket Lawyer's services include:
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee — If you're not happy with your registered agent services, Rocket Lawyer will provide a full refund.
- Large Customer Base — Rocket Lawyer has helped over 7 million businesses, indicating a history of happy clients.
- Expert Legal Assistance — With Rocket Lawyer's network of legal professionals, you can rest assured that your business is in good hands.
Rocket Lawyer Cons
- If you're looking for the cheapest option available, Rocket Lawyer might not be for you. However, if you're looking for quality legal services, Rocket Lawyer is a great option, and their prices reflect this.
Rocket Lawyer Pricing and Features
Rocket Lawyer’s registered agent services run $149.99/year, giving you the following features:
- Service of process and Florida-based registered agent address
- Email notifications and online access to legal notices
- Compliance assistance with the State of Florida and reputation protection
- Experienced professional agents and access to attorney network when needed
- Member discounts on other services
- One year of free registered agent service when you sign up for Rocket Lawyer’s business bundle.
Rocket Lawyer’s registered agent services can help your business maintain compliance and meet state requirements affordably.
For a more in-depth look at Rocket Lawyer, check out our Rocket Lawyer review.
How to Change Registered Agents in Florida
A time may arise when you need to change your registered agent. Perhaps you are unsatisfied with your current agent and wish to switch to one of the services we recommended above. Or maybe your registered agent has moved out of state and now you need someone in the state to serve as your agent.
Whatever the reason may be, the procedure for changing your registered agent in Florida is relatively simple:
1. Fill Out a Statement of Change Form
Florida LLCs must complete a Statement of Change of Registered Office or Registered Agent or Both form in order to officially update their registered agent with the Florida Division of Corporations. This can be done by mail. The filing fee is $25 for LLCs.
To add a registered agent service as your new point of contact, simply complete the Statement of Change form and cover letter. You can also change your registered agent when you file your annual report. Simply fill in your new agent’s information and address on the report, which can be submitted online along with the filing fee.
2. Allow Change to Process
In order for your new change to be official, the Division of Corporations must first process the change. This can take days, or even weeks, depending on the volume of submissions and other department circumstances. Submitting in-person may speed up processing times.
You will receive confirmation from the Division of Corporations once your request has been processed. After this, all service of process from the state will be sent to your new agent.
Looking for a reliable and affordable registered agent service? Northwest’s experienced team will make sure your documents are filed correctly (and on time) so you can focus on running your business. Plus, their low annual price makes them a great value for your money.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I be my own registered agent in Florida?
Yes, you can be your own registered agent in Florida, but as a registered agent, you must have a physical address in Florida and be available during normal business hours to accept service of process and other correspondence.
Do all business entities in Florida need a registered agent?
Yes, almost all businesses in Florida are required to have a registered agent with a physical address in the state. Some informal structures may be exempt, such as sole proprietorships. It’s important to note though that having a registered agent is a best practice that can help you avoid future legal issues.
How much does a registered agent cost in Florida?
The costs of registered agents vary based on the optional services that are being offered. For a registered agent in Florida, the costs per year average $50 to $300.
What’s the cheapest way to start an LLC in Florida?
The cheapest way to start an LLC in Florida is to form it yourself. However, this method costs time, which could potentially cost you more in the long run. Check out our review of the best LLC services in Florida to see if a professional service can help you out.
How much does it cost to change registered agents in Florida?
It costs $25 to change your registered agent in Florida as an LLC. This fee is paid to the Division of Corporations when you file a Statement of Change form.
How do I find the registered agent of a company in Florida?
You can find the registered agent and other public information about a Florida business by checking the Florida Division of Corporations website. Here, you can search for businesses by their name, filing number, address, registered agent name, and more. You can also inquire directly with the company or search in other public records databases.
Is it best to use a professional registered agent service?
A professional registered agent service offers state compliance for your limited liability company and most other Florida business entity types. They provide a business address and business hours. Some nationwide registered agent service providers offer online accounts and free registered agent services with the purchase of a business formation package.