Best Arizona Statutory Agent Services
BEST OVERALL VALUE
Northwest is our favorite registered agent service because of its transparent pricing, reliable service, and premium all-inclusive features:
- The first year free with their $29 LLC formation service
- A dedicated account manager
- Online annual report filing
- Free mail forwarding
- Same-day mail and document scanning/uploading
- Email and push notification reminders
- Required registered office address in Arizona
- State compliance monitoring
Our No. 1 Recommended Service
Northwest ($125/year) is the best registered agent service in Arizona owing to its affordability, reliability, excellent support, numerous services, and the simplicity of setting up an account.
1. Northwest ($125/year)
Northwest provides quality registered agent services to keep you compliant with Arizona business formation laws. You get your first year free when you use its Arizona LLC formation services ($29 + State Fees) to register your startup.
Northwest Registered Agent is known for placing its customers' privacy as its top priority. They develop devoted "Corporate Guides" for each customer to walk them through state policies and ensure they are always up to date on regulations. You can access to your documents online and will be notified in advance of important filing deadlines.
Northwest's registered agent service has premium online services, outstanding customer service, and zero hidden fees you're looking for.
More advantages of going with Northwest:
- Reliability — With their knowledgeable Corporate Guides at the helm, Northwest ensures that your services are consistently smooth.
- Privacy — Northwest never sells your data and totally commits to protecting your anonymity
- LLC Formation and More — In addition to their quality registered agent services and LLC filing, Northwest offers great additional features such as virtual mailboxes.
- Free Year of Services With Formation — Northwest offers the first year of registered agent service free with their LLC formation package.
- 24/7 Platform Accessibility — Access your documents anytime, anywhere
- Great Customer Reviews — Northwest is rated 4.7/5 stars on Google, and customers report that Northwest is “so welcoming” and that working with the company is an “amazing experience overall.”
- Their prices are not the lowest on the market; however, the services and customer support you receive make the cost worthwhile, plus, they offer one year free with LLC formation.
Northwest Pricing and Features
Get everything you need to stay compliant with Northwest, including:
- Easy sign-up through Northwest's secure website.
- Service of process — Northwest will receive legal and tax documents on your behalf and provide you with a physical registered agent address in Arizona.
- Mail scanning and forwarding services
- Lifetime Corporate Guide assistance is available via telephone and email
- Compliance filing services (e.g, annual report preparation, etc.)
- Online platform for storing and retrieving documents and other mail
- Notification services to remind you of upcoming filing deadlines
Northwest provides low-fee registered agent services for entrepreneurs and startups, along with loyalty discounts and no hidden fees. With competitive rates and superb customer focus, many individuals and businesses trust Northwest's registered agent services.
For a more in-depth look at Northwest, check out our Northwest review.
2. ZenBusiness ($199/year)
While not as well-established nor as experienced as Northwest, ZenBusiness still offers a lot of value for its Arizona registered agent clients. For $199 per year, ZenBusiness handles all your legal and tax documents, making them available to you anytime through its online platform. ZenBusiness also provides notification alerts of upcoming filing deadlines and offers a website that is easy to navigate and place your order through.
Great for startups on a budget needing basic registered agent services, ZenBusiness offers lots of advantages:
- Friendly Customer Service — ZenBusiness has good customer reviews and provides quality services to its clients
- "Worry-Free Compliance" Guarantee — Receive alerts for filings that will keep your business in good standing with the state.
- Extra Services — You can add LLC formation (and additional helpful features) to your services for an extra fee.
- 24/7 Accessibility — Reach your online dashboard anywhere, any time.
- ZenBusiness doesn't offer a free year of registered agent services with their LLC formation services.
- ZenBusiness' prices are the highest on our list.
ZenBusiness Pricing and Features
ZenBusiness only costs $199 per year and guarantees to help you stay compliant with Arizona business formation laws, providing you with:
- Arizona service of process
- Online document storage (access anytime, anywhere)
- Secure handling of legal documents
- Physical Arizona mail address
- Convenient LLC formation add-on services
ZenBusiness simplifies the startup process by offering affordable registered agent services statewide. And if you have any problems along the way, they will always have someone on hand to assist.
For a more in-depth look at ZenBusiness, check out our ZenBusiness review.
3. Incfile ($119/year)
Maintain Arizona state requirements with Incfile’s registered agent services. Incfile offers an easy online dashboard for viewing your legal and tax documents securely. Its registered agent service is adequate for most business needs, and its customer service experience is highly rated.
There are many advantages of using Incfile as your Arizona registered agent service provider, including:
- Backed by Customers — Incfile has a strong reputation for providing excellent customer service.
- Routine Compliance — With Incfile, you get basic registered agent services, including annual report notifications and compliance monitoring.
- One Year of Free Registered Agent Service — Get your first year of registered agent services free when you purchase Incfile’s LLC formation service.
- The price may not buy you as much value as what you get with other registered agent services in Arizona.
- Incfile has been known to change its terms and conditions without notice.
- Incfile does not offer many of the additional features or benefits that some of its competitors do.
Incfile Pricing and Features
Incfile registered agent services cost $119 per year for basic registered agent services, such as:
- Physical business address in Arizona
- Service of process
- Online platform for accessing documents 24/7
- Experienced staff to guide you through filings
- Extra services you can pay for (e.g., LLC formation, EINs, banking resolutions, etc.)
Incfile will help your business maintain compliance and meet state requirements at an affordable price, handling your legal and tax documents securely.
For a more in-depth look at Incfile, check out our Incfile review.
4. Rocket Lawyer ($149.99/year)
Rocket Lawyer is a reputable registered agent service that offers a wide range of legal services to businesses of all sizes. The company has been in operation since 2008 and has helped millions of people and businesses with their legal needs. Rocket Lawyer offers a free trial membership so you can test out its service before committing to a full membership.
Rocket Lawyer Pros
Rocket Lawyer offers a membership package that gives you access to legal forms and templates for navigating the legal side of running a business while serving as your registered agent in Arizona.
Some of the pros of Rocket Lawyer's services include:
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee — If you're not happy with your registered agent services, Rocket Lawyer will provide a full refund.
- Large Customer Base — Rocket Lawyer has helped over 7 million businesses, indicating a history of happy clients.
- Expert Legal Assistance — With Rocket Lawyer's network of legal professionals, you can rest assured that your business is in good hands.
Rocket Lawyer Cons
- If you're looking for the cheapest option available, Rocket Lawyer might not be for you. However, if you're looking for quality legal services, Rocket Lawyer is a great option, and their prices reflect this.
Rocket Lawyer Pricing and Features
Rocket Lawyer’s registered agent services run $149.99/year, giving you the following features:
- Service of process and Arizona-based registered agent address
- Email notifications and online access to legal notices
- Compliance assistance with the State of Arizona and reputation protection
- Experienced professional agents and access to attorney network when needed
- Member discounts on other services
- One year of free registered agent service when you sign up for Rocket Lawyer’s business bundle.
Rocket Lawyer’s registered agent services can help your business maintain compliance and meet state requirements affordably.
For a more in-depth look at Rocket Lawyer, check out our Rocket Lawyer review.
How to Change Statutory Agents in Arizona
You may need to change your Arizona registered agent for a variety of reasons. Maybe you've relocated your business to another state and need to update your registered agent information. Or perhaps you're unhappy with your current registered agent service and want to switch to one of the recommended providers above.
Whatever the reason, changing your registered agent in Arizona is a relatively simple process:
1. Fill Out an LLC Statement of Change Form
Arizona LLCs must complete Form L020 - Statement of Change in order to officially update their statutory agent with the Arizona Corporation Commission. This can be done by mail, in person, or by fax. The filing fee is $5 for LLCs.
To add a registered agent service as your new point of contact, list your new agent’s contact information on the Statement of Change form and have the service complete Form M002 - Statutory Agent Acceptance in order to consent to their appointment. Someone must sign the consent form on behalf of the registered agent service.
2. Allow Change to Process
For your new statutory agent to be official, you will have to wait for your form to be processed by the Arizona Corporation Commission. Processing time is affected by the volume of submissions and can take days or even weeks.
You can also select to expedite this process by including a $35 expedited service fee with your filing.
Once your change request is processed, the Arizona Corporate Commission will send you confirmation. Now, all statutory agent communications will be received by your new agent.
Looking for a reliable and affordable registered agent service? Northwest’s experienced team will make sure your documents are filed correctly (and on time) so you can focus on running your business. Plus, their low annual price makes them a great value for your money.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I be my own statutory agent in Arizona?
Yes, you can be your own statutory agent in Arizona, but as a registered agent, you must have a physical address in Arizona and be available during normal business hours to accept service of process and other correspondence.
Do all business entities in Arizona need a statutory agent?
All corporations and LLCs in the state of Arizona are required to appoint a statutory agent. There may be exceptions for less formal structures like sole proprietorships. However, it is highly recommended to have a statutory agent to protect yourself from any legal issues that could arise from not having one.
How much does a statutory agent cost in Arizona?
The average cost of a statutory agent in Arizona ranges from $50 to $200 per year. Costs vary depending on the agency and services included. One bonus of doing business in Arizona is that LLCs do not have to submit annual filings, which can decrease this fee.
What’s the cheapest way to start an LLC in Arizona?
The cheapest way to start an LLC in Arizona is to form it yourself. However, this method costs time, which could potentially cost you more in the long run. Check out our review of the best LLC services in Arizona to see if a professional service can help you out.
How much does it cost to change statutory agents in Arizona?
It costs $5 to change your statutory agent in Arizona as an LLC. This fee is paid to the Arizona Corporation Commission when you file a Statement of Change form.
How do I find the statutory agent of a company in Arizona?
You can search by business name or entity number online. To find the statutory or registered agent of an Arizona business, visit the Arizona Corporation Commision website. If you don’t find what you are looking for, you could try asking the company directly or searching other public records databases.
Is it best to use a professional registered agent service?
A professional registered agent service offers state compliance for your limited liability company and most other Arizona business entity types. They provide a business address and business hours. Some nationwide registered agent service providers offer online accounts and free registered agent services with the purchase of a business formation package.