- If you need legal representation, Rocket Lawyer offers their subscribers free consultations, discounts on conventional legal fees, and unlimited questions to legal professionals.
- Rocket Lawyer allows you try out their legal services with their seven-day trial. If you’re not satisfied with your experience, simply deactivate the account to avoid paying any fees.
- Their extensive library of legal documents is backed by a protection system they call Document Defense, which allows you to connect with a qualified attorney whenever you’re in need of help polishing off or enforcing the document.
- If you have some specific legal questions but don’t require a full consultation, you can use their on-call attorney service to receive a response within 24 hours from a business lawyer in your area. This is an impressive feature, as some of their competitors charge as much as $39 per question!
- If you need any help with your account or assistance with their other services (for example, forming an LLC with Rocket Lawyer), their customer support is available Monday-Friday, 9am to 9pm (ET).
- Rocket Lawyer has faced a number of obstacles due to the fact that they’ve completely disrupted the conventional way people work with attorneys — and their customer reviews reflect these challenges. (More on this in a few moments.)
- In order to receive discounted rates on Rocket Lawyer’s services, you have to first get into their member system. Some folks have complained about this unconventional setup.
Pricing and Features
Rocket Lawyer offers their legal service subscribers one plan.
PREMIUM PACKAGE = $39.99/MONTH
- Full access to their legal document library.
- Unlimited document revisions with digital signature functionality and Document Defense review/enforcement services.
- Attorney services including answers to legal questions, 30-minute consultations and deep discounts on their in-network lawyers.
- Secure cloud storage to keep all your legal files safe and easily accessible through your account.
This wouldn’t be a proper review if we didn’t talk about what customers have to say.
Over the years, Rocket Lawyer has gathered hundreds of reviews on sites like TrustPilot, FitSmallBusiness, SiteJabber and more. Here’s a quick snapshot of their ratings/reviews at the present moment:
Customer reviews as of 8-31-2017:
- BBB: A+
- TrustPilot: 9.5/10, 111 reviews
- SiteJabber: 3.3/5, 386 reviews
- FitSmallBusiness: 3/5, 3 reviews
- Consumer Affairs: 2.5/5, 8 reviews
As you can see, their reviews are kind of all over the place. Several folks have complained about Rocket Lawyer advertising some of their templates as free when they actually cost money to use. That said, those who went into the process expecting a paid subscription had almost exclusively positive things to say about the company and their legal templates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I still need an attorney?
Are there any hidden fees?
No, but there are plenty of customers out there who have had a hard time navigating Rocket Lawyer’s pricing. To make sure you don't face any surprise fees, read through everything very carefully while signing up.
SHOULD YOU USE ROCKET LAWYER?
Based on the information we've discussed in this review, we'd give Rocket Lawyer’s online legal services an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5. We particularly love their abundance of templates and optional registered agent services.
To learn more about Rocket Lawyer or check out some alternatives, click either of the links below. Cheers!