#1 LivePlan - $11.66 to $19.95/month
Starting off strong, LivePlan is a fantastic alternative, jam packed with impressive features. They offer a cloud-based, web browser compatible platform that includes robust capabilities like:
- Intuitive Interface: LivePlan offers subscribers a modern, easy to understand interface that uses informational dashboard and additional tool to quickly relay information on your business plan progress, financial forecast and more.
- Business Assessment: After you create your business plan, LivePlan allows you to compare your plan and your performance to the competition within your industry. This helps you to plan accordingly for your business’ future. You can also compare your plan to other business’ of a similar size or location.
- Step-By-Step Instruction: New to business and financial planning? LivePlan is a great helping hand for blossoming startups and entrepreneurs. They’ll walk you through every step of the process with simple fill in the blank questionnaires.
They offer all this and more for a monthly subscription fee of $19.95, but there are a couple discounts available to you. If you choose to sign up for their annual subscription which will save you 40%. And, as an exclusive from us, you can use this promo code for 50% off your first month.
#2 StratPad - Free to $199.95/month
Next up in our Top 3 is StratPad. This planning tool is a great alternative, specifically for a more statistic-based approach to financial/business planning. Some of the more stand out features include:
- Business Planning Crash Course: StratPad offers a tailor made subscription for newbies called Stratpad College. This free package includes video tutorials on how to create a business plan, build a strategy, read financial statements and more vital information to have under your belt before diving in.
- Mentoring: Along with StratPad College, they will also connect you with professionals and mentors that can help you to organize and plan for your business. Additionally, they can help you connect with accountants and bookkeepers to get your financial planning settled painlessly.
- Super Speedy Setup: With StratPad, you can create a professional looking business plan in less than a day and see financial projections in minutes, making it easy for busy entrepreneurs.
StratPad is a great choice, especially when you’re learning on the go. Their informational crash course subscription is completely free, and from here they offer packages ranging from $19.99 to $39.99 per month. You can create, edit and share your plans and effectively plan for your business’ future.
#3 Business Plan Pro - $99.95 to $159.95
Are subscription services not really your style? No problem. Business Plan Pro is a desktop-based business planning software that’s compatible with Mac and Windows operating systems. Some of the keep features to keep in mind include:
- 500+ Samples Plans: Business Plan Pro, along with others on our list, allow you to look at hundreds of sample plans, in order to best give you an idea of how you’d like to present your own.
- Exporting Capabilities: Once you have created your business plan, you can download them and take them wherever. Additionally, Business Plan Pro’s business plans are compatible with Microsoft PowerPoint so you can export and present them whenever you like.
- Lender-approved formating: Along with their customizable business plans, they’ve formatted their templates specifically to lender specifications, so you know your plans will be well met.
With their Standard package, you’ll pay a one time fee of $99 for all these features a much more. And if you’re looking for something even more involved, you can opt for their premier package for $159.95. This software allows for everything you’d expect in the Standard package plus additional funding tools and cash-flow predictions.
Ready To Write An Awesome Business Plan?
Regardless of your choice, we highly recommend all of these impressive alternatives. LivePlan is definitely our #1 choice, especially because of it’s intuitive design. If you’re interested in learning more about LivePlan, click the link below to be taken directly to their website, and get 50% off your first month. Cheers!