1. LivePlan - $11.66 to $19.95/month
Starting off strong, LivePlan is a fantastic alternative, jam packed with impressive features. They offer a cloud-based, web browser compatible platform that includes robust capabilities like:
- Intuitive Interface: LivePlan offers subscribers a modern, easy to understand interface that uses informational dashboard and additional tool to quickly relay information on your business plan progress, financial forecast and more.
- Business Assessment: After you create your business plan, LivePlan allows you to compare your plan and your performance to the competition within your industry. This helps you to plan accordingly for your business’ future. You can also compare your plan to other business’ of a similar size or location.
- Step-By-Step Instruction: New to business and financial planning? LivePlan is a great helping hand for blossoming startups and entrepreneurs. They’ll walk you through every step of the process with simple fill in the blank questionnaires.
They offer all this and more for a monthly subscription fee of $19.95, but there are a couple discounts available to you. If you choose to sign up for their annual subscription which will save you 40%. And, as an exclusive from us, you can use this promo code for 25% off your first 3 months.
2. StratPad - Free to $199.95/month
Next up in our Top 3 is StratPad. This planning tool is a great alternative, specifically for a more statistic-based approach to financial/business planning. Some of the more stand out features include:
- Business Planning Crash Course: StratPad offers a tailor made subscription for newbies called Stratpad College. This free package includes video tutorials on how to create a business plan, build a strategy, read financial statements and more vital information to have under your belt before diving in.
- Mentoring: Along with StratPad College, they will also connect you with professionals and mentors that can help you to organize and plan for your business. Additionally, they can help you connect with accountants and bookkeepers to get your financial planning settled painlessly.
- Super Speedy Setup: With StratPad, you can create a professional looking business plan in less than a day and see financial projections in minutes, making it easy for busy entrepreneurs.
StratPad is a great choice, especially when you’re learning on the go. Their informational crash course subscription is completely free, and from here they offer packages ranging from $19.99 to $39.99 per month. You can create, edit and share your plans and effectively plan for your business’ future.
3. Bizplan - $29/month to $349 lifetime
Moving on to our next pick, we’re talking about Bizplan due to their affordable lifetime plan that grants perpetual access to their business plan software. The additional free tools like Startup Courses and LaunchRock make Bizplan an even better value. We also like the following features:
- Templates: Just drag and drop to add charts, graphs, and other graphics to make your plan more visually appealing and professional. The templates handle the formatting so you don't have to mess with spreadsheets and layouts.
- Guidance: Bizplan breaks down the process down into manageable steps and provides guidance every step of the way. You'll never feel lost or unsure when building your business plan with Bizplan's helpful support.
- Shareable: Bizplan makes it easy to get your business plan in front of investors and spread brand awareness. Their software allows you to publish a digital version of your completed plan that is perfectly formatted and professional looking.
With plans starting at just $29 per month, Bizplan offers an affordable path to creating professional business plans. They also offer annual access for $249 per year for greater savings or a one-time $349 lifetime plan to lock in permanent access to their powerful software.
Ready To Write An Awesome Business Plan?
Regardless of your choice, we highly recommend all of these impressive alternatives. LivePlan is definitely our #1 choice, especially because of it’s intuitive design. If you’re interested in learning more about LivePlan, click the link below to be taken directly to their website, and get 25% off your first 3 months. Cheers!