Northwest Registered Agent Services Review 2023
Last Updated: By TRUiC Team
Do you require registered agent services for your new business, but don’t know which of the many providers is best for you?
In this Northwest Registered Agent review, we'll go through some pros and cons, pricing, features, customer feedback, and more. By the time we’re done, you should have a good idea whether they’re the best registered agent service for you, or if you need to take a look at the competition.
Recommended: Hire Northwest as your company's registered agent service ($125/year)
Pros & Cons of Northwest
Pros of Northwest
- Northwest locally scans every document you receive. Most registered agent services only scan certain documents like legal summons. Northwest Registered Agent scans everything themselves, ensuring you never miss a document and eliminating surprises.
- Customer feedback is almost entirely positive! Their customers rave about how timely and convenient Northwest Registered Agent’s services are.
- With their handy online form system, you only need to enter your data once. They automatically populate all other forms that ask for the same info.
- As opposed to the cold, impersonal treatment of many large companies where you’re more of a number than a person, Northwest Registered Agent’s approach makes you feel like a member of the team.
- If you require service in multiple states, they offer a $25 discount for 5 or more states.
Cons of Northwest
- Their prices aren’t the cheapest out there, and service of process isn’t the type of service that varies too much from provider to provider. At least to some degree, you’re paying for their elite customer support and convenience.
Should You Use Northwest?
Due to their knowledgeable customer service, privacy protection, and local scanning of all documents, Northwest is the best registered agent service.
Northwest Pricing & Features
Northwest Registered Agent makes their service as simple to understand as possible. Their flat $125 annual rate applies to any business.
If you require service in multiple locations, Northwest Registered Agent offers great discounts, saving you more money as you order service in more states.
- 1-3 States: $125 per state
- 10-50 States: $100
When it comes to their features, their claim to fame is they’re the only major national service who locally scans all documents. This not only ensures greater general quality control, it also means you know exactly what’s coming at all times. No surprises!
If you ever need customer service, simply call them and speak with one of their compliance guides. Northwest Registered Agent takes pride in the fact that only knowledgeable professionals answer their phones. No more wading through seemingly endless automated menus — you’ll talk to a real person in the US every time.
Finally, they also include annual report compliance instructions and reminders free of charge. Many companies package these alerts into an upcharged online compliance dashboard, but Northwest Registered Agent includes this feature in your package.
Northwest Customer Reviews
Northwest Registered Agent reviews online are mostly positive. Their customers appreciate the company’s expert customer support and Northwest’s general ease-of-use.
Customer Reviews Section Last Updated: 5-4-22
Commonly Asked Questions
What Happens if I Don’t Have a Registered Agent?
We don’t recommend operating your business without a registered agent. It’s risky, as you could lose your good standing with your state, lose your limited liability status, or pay hefty fines.
Can I Act as My Own Agent?
While this is legal in some states, it’s still not always ideal. If you do want to be your own registered agent, you need to be available during all business hours, and also likely must allow your personal address to become public info.
Can I Change Registered Agents?
Certainly, but make sure to check with your state to see if they have any special compliance requirements for switching agents, or any applicable change fees.
What’s Their Refund Policy?
In their own words: “We will not take your money twice, and if we screw something up, we will give your money back.” Sounds good to us!
Should You Use Northwest?
Northwest Registered Agent gets a 4.7/5 in our book. Between their volume discounts and local scanning of all documents, they’re one of the top registered agent providers.
That being said, if this doesn’t sound like your perfect fit, check out our Best Registered Agent Services review. Cheers!