MyCorporation Annual Report Filing Review
Is It Right For You?
Does your state require you to file an annual report, but you’re not interested in going the DIY route?
Services like MyCorporation can take care of your annual report, helping you maintain your company’s good standing while saving you time and effort. But how do you decide which one’s the best?
As a supplement to your own research, my team and I studied the similarities and differences between all the major annual report filing services. My goal is to help you make the right call for your company.
In this MyCorporation annual report filing service review, we’ll talk details on their pros and cons, pricing, features, customer reviews and much more. Let’s find out if they’re the best provider for you!
Pros & Cons of MyCorporation
Pros of MyCorporation
- With their corporate reminders tool, you’ll never forget another important deadline. They keep track of your annual report due dates, as well as your deadlines for other filings. This might seem like a minor detail, but most of their similarly priced competitors don’t manage your report calendar for you. In my opinion, this is a valuable bonus!
- If you like reading positive customer feedback (and who doesn’t?), you’ll appreciate MyCorporation’s reviews. They have hundreds of online customer reviews, and the vast majority of them are positive. More on this later in our “Customer Reviews” section.
- Unhappy with the service you receive from MyCorporation? As long as you request a refund within 60 days of purchase, they’ll either do whatever it takes to make you happy, or they’ll refund their service fees.
Cons of MyCorporation
- On the surface, it seems like MyCorporation has a $59 price point for their annual report filing service, but that’s before the (very) high and unnecessary $39 shipping fee. The actual total is $98, plus state fee.
- MyCorporation doesn’t offer a fully managed annual report service like some competitors do, like Harbor Compliance and BizFilings. On the other hand, with their due-date reminder system, MyCorporation offers one of those providers’ top features at no extra charge. You might not need a compliance history tracking tool, the other major feature offered by a managed service.
MyCorporation Annual Report Filing Pricing & Features
MyCorporation’s pricing starts at $98 (plus state fee) for annual report service. Take a look at how they explain this service on their website, but keep in mind that $59 price listed in the graphic doesn’t include $39 in shipping charges.
All you need to do with MyCorporation is give them some essential info about your company, like your nature of business, physical address, etc.
As I mentioned earlier, MyCorporation will actually track your due dates, which most of their competitors in this general price range don’t. When it comes down to it, the only part of the “fully managed” services that MyCorporation lacks is keeping track of your compliance history — which might not be a big deal to you anyway. This feature really only matters if your business operates in multiple states, or if you’re a serial entrepreneur.
This is one of MyCorporation’s biggest advantages, as their customer feedback is almost universally positive. Compared to other services in this industry, they really come out on top. Their clients frequently praise how quickly MyCorporation works, and how helpful their customer support reps are.
Customer Reviews Section Last Updated 10-30-17
Conclusion: They have a nice volume of reviews, and excellent feedback from the vast majority of their clients. In my eyes, it’s hard to view that as anything other than a point in their favor.
How MyCorporation Compares
MyCorporation is a great annual report filing service, but they’re not the only company in the industry. With that in mind, let’s see how MyCorporation stacks up compared to LegalZoom, another popular option.
Pricing: The $35 price point offered by LegalZoom is obviously much lower than MyCorporation’s $98 base rate.
Features: The only big difference between the annual report offerings from each of these companies is that MyCorporation will track your deadlines for you. On a more general level, LegalZoom has more reviews than MyCorporation does, but MyCorporation’s feedback is more consistently positive.
Customer Support: MyCorporation has an edge when it comes to the helpfulness of their customer support, which is no big surprise seeing as LegalZoom is such a large company. It’s probably pretty tough for such a huge operation to have uniformly excellent support agents. However, LegalZoom has the advantage when it comes to availability — they’re open from 8am to 10pm ET on weekdays, and 10am to 7pm ET on weekends. No competitor (that I’ve seen) can match those hours.
Experience: MyCorporation has served over a million customers since they opened back in 1995, but LegalZoom has helped nearly 4 million clients since opening in 1999. Point being, these are both completely legit companies.
Here's A Quick Visual
Pricing Starts at $35
3 million+ customers served
Perfect for: Anyone wanting an affordable & fast annual report filing
Pricing Starts at $98
1 million+ customers served
Perfect for: Anyone wanting an annual filing service with great customer support
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I File My Own Annual Reports?
It’s certainly a possibility, but it’s not something I always recommend. If you do choose to go the DIY route, you’ll need to keep track of your own filing due dates, follow your state’s compliance requirements, etc. MyCorporation can handle all of that for you, leaving you free to actually run your company.
What’s Their Refund Policy?
As long as you request your refund within 60 days, they will grant it. After that point, it’s up to their discretion, which means it’s probably not happening.
Is My Information Secure?
While they don’t use any 3rd-party security software like many of their competitors do, MyCorporation has strong security certificates on their website, and they also restrict access to your private data to just a few select employees.
Does MyCorporation Offer Ongoing Support?
They sure do. It doesn’t matter when you purchased your annual report filing service, as they’re always willing and able to answer your questions.
Should You Use MyCorporation?
MyCorporation earns a score of 4.5/5 in my book. They have extremely positive customer reviews and they’re one of the only providers in this price range that will track your filing deadlines. That being said, if this doesn’t sound like your perfect fit, check out our Best Annual Report Filing Services review. Cheers!