Pros and Cons of Liberty Mutual Business Insurance
- Liberty Mutual offers business insurance policies that are specifically tailored to many different industries. They have a number of advanced and specialized commercial insurance solutions that many other providers don’t offer, such as captives, reinsurance, and more.
- They offer insurance solutions for businesses of all sizes, whether you operate a small home-based business or a large multinational corporation. While some competitors focus solely on small business, Liberty Mutual can accommodate every stage of the business life cycle.
- With strong financial strength ratings from leading services like A.M. Best, Moody’s, and Standard & Poor’s, you can be confident that Liberty Mutual has the financial backing to be able to pay out your claims if you have to file any.
- Liberty Mutual has a ton of experience. They’ve been selling commercial insurance policies for well over 100 years, as they started offering business insurance in 1912. You certainly don’t have to worry about some fly-by-night insurance provider going out of business if you have policies with Liberty Mutual.
- Liberty Mutual’s Viewpoint blog has a surprisingly robust amount of information available, whether you’re a customer or not. They have interesting entries on topics like risk management, small business, and more.
- While prices obviously vary considerably depending on the size of your company, the nature of your business, and other factors, in general, Liberty Mutual’s pricing comes out on the high side of average.
- Liberty Mutual does not allow prospective business customers to get online quotes. Instead, you’ll have to contact a local agent or broker via phone and set up an appointment to get a pricing estimate. When some competitors offer comprehensive online quote-generator tools, this is a major disadvantage — especially since Liberty Mutual does have an online quote tool for personal insurance.
What Kinds of Business Insurance Does Liberty Mutual Offer?
Liberty Mutual has a wide variety of general commercial insurance policies as well as more specialized and advanced forms of coverage. They even provide employee benefit packages and other business accoutrements. While this isn’t a comprehensive list of all the business solutions they offer, here are the most popular products and services:
- Commercial auto insurance
- General liability insurance
- Commercial property insurance
- Business owner’s policy (BOP)
- Workers’ compensation insurance
- Excess liability insurance
- Equipment breakdown insurance
- Inland marine insurance
- Umbrella insurance
- Third-party administration
- Surety bonds
- Specialty programs
- Absence management
- Group disability insurance
- Group life insurance
How Can I Get a Quote From Liberty Mutual?
Unlike many competitors, Liberty Mutual does not offer an online quote-generating tool. If you want to get a quote, you will need to contact a local broker or agent. It is highly convenient to be able to get quotes online, but we do respect Liberty Mutual’s decision to instead place the focus on their representatives.