Some Pros & Cons of LawDepot’s Templates
- LawDepot consists of easy to fill out and simple questionnaires. Submit the data, let the program plug it into the formal corporate sections, and presto. Your meeting minutes are ready to print/download.
- Their platform is a great tool for internet beginners. It’s designed for the basics so you’re less likely to get caught up in dozens of options or tiny fine print.
- Security is a breeze too. LawDepot keeps track of all your documents and saves them so you can enjoy hassle-free record keeping.
- With a subscription comes a $10,000 legal guarantee and a 100% money back guarantee on all their forms, so you can use their templates with almost zero risk.
- If you’re looking for some beginner information on legal documentation, they also offer great resources for those starting out.
- Although LawDepot does offer a significant legal guarantee, it doesn’t compare to the super-customizable, expertly prepared and reviewed meeting minutes for corporations that an attorney can provide.
- LawDepot, unlike some other online documentation services, doesn’t provide access to professional help. We highly recommend you have all documentation looked over by a legal professional, so unless you’re a rockstar with legal jargon or know someone else who is, you’re taking a bit of a risk.
- While there are some resources for beginners, LawDepot lacks a large array of legal information.
Pricing & Features
LawDepot’s platform is overwhelmingly easy to use. Choose what type of document you’d like to create from their extensive list, fill in the questions that coincide with their process and your responses will automatically populate the selected document with your answers. They offer templates for shareholder forms, incorporation paperwork and of course, meeting minutes for corporations.
Still need to get the last few little details? No need to worry, as LawDepot makes it easy to save changes along the way, alternate back and forth between sections and edit as you go. Your documents will always be stored safely so you can update agreements as new information surfaces.
You can create your first document, whether that be meeting minutes or otherwise, without the hassle of creating an account right off the bat. They’ll also save your information so you can pick up where you left off, as long as you don’t close the browser window before saving.
After you’ve created your meeting minutes and you want to print/download, it’s time to create an account. Signing up is pretty painless, so once you’ve filled out the majority of your information, LawDepot gives a few different payment options.
1 year Pro Subscription = $7.99/moIf you opt to pay $7.99 a month, or roughly $100 a year, you’ll have access to their platform and unlimited legal documents. They’ve got a pretty sizable collection of legal documentation templates for you to choose from so you can find exactly what you mean, including meeting minutes.
We recommend this package if you see yourself needing extensive access to legal documentation templates. This way you can create and edit your documentation as your business changes and grows.
Meeting Minutes Single Document Package = $15.50If you don’t want the commitment of a full subscription, you can try their platform and buy their meeting minutes template at the same time. You’ll have two weeks to create, edit and download your minute meetings.
We recommend this package to those of you who only need one or two documents and then would like to get on their way.
You can also try their whole program free for 7 days. Just be sure to cancel before the trial ends, or you will be charged $33 a month. As a whole, the program is a great tool for those who are looking for the basics. Their forms are easy to follow, their platform is super-simple and it saves a decent amount of time.
LawDepot Customer Reviews
LawDepot has thousands of reviews available for you to browse in order to get a customer’s opinion on their templates. But to save you a bit of time we’ve crunched the numbers and listed some of the most popular review sites and their ratings on LawDepot.
Customer reviews as of 8-29-2017:
- SiteJabber: 4/5, 340 reviews
- TrustPilot: 8.9/10, 1,976
- BestCompany.com: 1/5, 10 reviews
Other than that, their customer support is a bit of a mixed bag. We found plenty of glowing reviews that called out customer service agents for their ability to solve users issues quickly and kindly, but there are also a couple that report difficulty getting in touch with an agent or getting their question answered.
As long as you keep those two factors in mind, LawDepot is a good resource if you need to quickly build meeting minutes. Just be aware of what you’re signing up for.